TheWorse Mod for Watch Dogs #3 part

Discussion in 'Game Tweaks and Modifications' started by TheWorse, Jul 9, 2014.

1. xarunx

xarunx New Member

GPU:
    zotac gtx 660 synergy
    Best mod ever

@ cmh175 and @ theworse, You guys made the game so realistic and shuttering free,u guys are awesome :)
    i have contacted ubisoft and asked about the graphical reduction and shuttering problems and they said bla bla bla performance issues bla bla bla stability bla bla bla etc etc etc..........

i get 30 - 40 fps with high textures (maldos) everything ultra, temporal smaa @1080p including sweetfx too (i5 2400 and gtx 660 2GB, 10Gb ram)

I hope ubisoft atleast keep their words and make it as good as this in upcoming unity , Farcry 4 and division.

Thank you guys for this contribution

2. christal

christal Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X
    Wow, a very interesting breakdown of DoF! I've always wondered how that effect that makes large objects look small (can't remember the name of it) works. The one where people take videos of cities from above and it all looks like toys.

Yes, this can be observed when the blurring is both in front and behind the focused object. Then the DOF is very shallow in non-typical situation and suggests that the whole city is very small :)

This is because people have got used to look at tons of pictures and this re-shapes the way they think.

But this is made on purpose. The mistakes with the DoF in Watch Dogs is not on purpose :)

3. cmh175

cmh175 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 770 Classified
    Thanks man, I've noticed the same thing. You've managed your thread quite diplomatically. It's refreshing considering the drama that's also been present around here.

Glad to hear it xarunx. The official mod came out quite well, I mostly just polished it up and added extra feature options so everyone could configure it to their liking. 30-40 is a pretty sweet spot for WD. Have you tried the gamerprofile fix to boost the frame rate though? It got me roughly 15+ more fps. The new patch helped fix the frame rate too so it doesn't randomly sink to near single digits, which caused the stuttering.

4. christal

christal Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X
    Have you tried the gamerprofile fix to boost the frame rate though?

Can you give any pointers? Maybe I missed something...

Thanks and thanks for your work!

5. cmh175

cmh175 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 770 Classified
  6. bkrieger

bkrieger Guest

GPU:
    GTX 680 sli 2GB
    Even though my monitor is only 60hz refreshrate, should I still have the refreshrate in the profile set at 120? When driving, I still get frame drops with everything on high.

7. famich

famich Active Member

GPU:
    GTX 780TI SLI@1250
    Hi, I mean the actual size of the file . Allright , if you made a high compression , that would explain the difference of the size .:)

8. xarunx

xarunx New Member

GPU:
    zotac gtx 660 synergy
    I need a help guys

@cmh175

i changed the gamerprofile.xml but you know after started using sweetfx other overlay programs are not working like fraps, bandicam ,msi etc

i used sweetfx first time for watchdogs, Thanks to you guys for that and now i started using it on every other game even for goat simulator :p (thanks to THELAZY for sweetfx database :) )

i tried googling it and also in this thread too someone mentioned about rivatuner statistics server works good with sweetfx,but its not working for me.

is there is some other application works par with i may try? Thanks :)

UPDATE: yes man you are correct changing the refresh rate 120hz increases the performance.Now from fps from 30 - 40 increased to a average 40.

What major difference i noticed is high speed driving and collision(drops 7 - 8 fps before ) is also now a smooth as walking experience :)

It seems no more frames drops for me :eyes: if a small bunch of guys can tweak to this extreme ,then what a whole team can do?? kill ubisoft :rpg:

I think they does this to keep the ps4 up and say PS4 can play this game better than PC,

Last edited: Jul 31, 2014
  9. zahvad

zahvad Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 780Ti OC 3GB
    Hi to everyone. When I reading your answers I have noticed, that installation cmh175's latest version of mod with Usisoft patch can fix the stuttering in Watch Dogs. Is it true? All stutterings are dissapeared?
    Now I have cmh175's version of mod and there are many stutterings in game.
    Does the new patch change anything in graphical component?

10. nanogenesis

nanogenesis Guest

GPU:
    MSI R9 390X 1178|6350
    Can someone enlighten me on whats special about TonyMBR's Madlo edited textures?

Have not been following this thread for a while, sorry.

11. Pouxi Jr

Pouxi Jr Guest

GPU:
    MSI GeForce GTX-770 2Go
    @ cmh175
    I use the configurable mod and it works great but i have a little problem, after 3 hours, no rain :( Can i change the frequency in the gamer profile or else??
    Before, with the first 1.0 Worse Mod, there are no problem

12. RavionHD

RavionHD Guest

GPU:
    HD7870
    cmh75 Mod doesn't work for me, is there a youtube video which explain it?

13. PellaeonSZ

PellaeonSZ Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 670 2GB RAM
    Hi everyone,

Sorry but I'm not quite clear on this: I had TheWorse Mod 1.0 installed. My game patched today. Do I now need to re-install TheWorse Mod 1.0?

14. cmh175

cmh175 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 770 Classified
    I'm really sure what part of the patch really helped with stuttering but the issues does to be mostly resolved now. If you're still getting stuttering have you tried different graphic settings? Are you playing at with the same settings are before, and is performance about the same or actually worse?

They're basically an update to Maldo's textures but add a bit more for performance. They use High geometry instead of Ultra though so detail will be less. They're good if you cant use Ultra settings already.

The rain is totally random. I've had times where it just wouldn't rain too. It's just the game, this will happen with any mod. Basically just keep sleeping until it finally starts again. I had to quite a few times to get it to rain again. Once it seems basic to normal it rains pretty frequently.

In what way? Are you having trouble zipping the patch folder or is the game not booting for you? There isn't a video tutorial but installation isn't too hard for the most part.

15. cmh175

cmh175 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 770 Classified
    UBI doesn't add to the patch file, they replace it. You'll need to reinstall the mod, and to have the new patch installed as well you need my updated version.

16. mikko

mikko Guest

GPU:
    memory
    hey any one help me plz
    i downloaded TheWorse Mod 1.0
    but i cant install it .. they said
    Extract the patch.fat and patch.dat files
    Drag them to the data_win64 folder

the problem that i dont know how to extract those files can anyone tell me how ?

17. zahvad

zahvad Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 780Ti OC 3GB
    I play on ultra settings and MSAA 4x. I have only your configurable version of The Worse Mod. Performanse, I mean FPS, is the same. But stuttering, especially when I drive a car or motorcycle, appears every 5-7 seconds.

18. Danwillysxi

Danwillysxi Guest

GPU:
    2080Ti
    @cmh175 I posted earlier to thank you for your work. Mod and the gamerprofile.xml trick has really worked for me. No stuttering! So thanks.. again :)

Question is now I have to alter all settings through gamerprofile in notepad as you explained but I cant find the camera 'look' sensitivity setting whilst using a controller. I have successfully changed mouse speed but can not find the text to change controller look speed.. can you help out?

19. TimmyDev

TimmyDev Guest

GPU:
    GTX 560 Ti 1GB

You answered yourself... o.o

20. SoloCreep

SoloCreep Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080 TI
    You can use this Mod Installer "merger" to combine any mod into the Ubisoft patch.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/lszzv2t3qyt6jnx/Watch_DogsModInstaller_v1.0a2.zip

NOTE: Before using the installer, do not move the Ubisoft update from where it was installed. Leave it right where it is.

Instructions
    Step 1 - download, open the rar with a program like "WinRAR" and place all the files in a folder.
    Step 2 - run Watch_DogsModInstaller.exe
    Step 3 - click find - find your watch_dogs folder and click ok
    Step 4 - mod path - click find file and browse to where your mod is that you want to merge and click the patch.fat, click ok.
    Step 5 - click install and wait for it to finish, That's it!

No need to copy any files anywhere because the installer does everything for you. Ignore the new patch file in the folder, its for backup.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2014