GTA 4 Graphics mods

Discussion in 'Game Tweaks and Modifications' started by DiceAir, Apr 15, 2014.

1. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Hey thanks for sharing man!:)

2. Pendula

Pendula Guest

GPU:
    8 GB
    Great patch, thank you.

3. somebody2978

somebody2978 Member

GPU:
    ZOTAC GTX 650 Ti 2GB AMP!
  4. KrzYsieK8926

KrzYsieK8926 Guest

GPU:
    MSI HD 7770 Ghz Edition
    iCEnhancer 3.0 released!
    http://icelaglace.com/mods/gtaiv/ice30/

Release video:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SQQErh_X4Fc

Works with 1.0.4.0, 1.0.7.0 and EFLC. There's also link for textures (including great road textures by DKT70)

Changes:
    There will be "All-in-one package" with textures, downgrader to 1.0.4.0, and auto backup, but it's not available yet.

5. Rokarz

Rokarz Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 780
  6. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
  7. robgrab

robgrab Guest

GPU:
    ASUS Strix 1080 8GB
    Sorry about that. This might be more helpful.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Does anybody know what's up with the lighting in iCEnhancer 3? All of my light sources look like this this and night time is too bright. Version 2.1 is fine. I've messed with a bunch of the settings for lighting but nothing affects it.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2014
  8. wunkley

wunkley Guest

GPU:
    780Ti SLI
    Your images aren't showing and you've written the same sentence twice. Try again.

On topic, I'm very familiar with tweaking enb settings, (used ice before, and skyrim enbs a lot) and I can't seem to make certain changes for ice 3.0. For my taste I find the nights too dark, but no amount of tweaking "NightLightingIntensity= " in enbseries.ini affects it. It's supposed to reading up on previous versions.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2014
  9. robgrab

robgrab Guest

GPU:
    ASUS Strix 1080 8GB
    I have the opposite problem where the nights are too bright in 3. Here's a shot taken using iCEnhancer 2.1 for EFLC. Much more realistic.

[​IMG]

Interiors in 3 are also blindingly bright. Especially during the day.

10. wunkley

wunkley Guest

GPU:
    780Ti SLI

Hi bud.

You know what, I'm just looking into the same problem myself! :)

Certain street lights on buildings project out in a horrible 'cone' effect, similar to your internal screenshots but even worse for me. They don't reach the floor and are too defined, at least yours outside look diffuse.

If you find out how to fix it post it here!!!

I've found out how to change night brightness to a degree. Open up the enbseries.ini and look for

[ADAPTATION]

Under those settings experiment with the AdaptationMin setting. Its should be 1 by default. Make it higher to make it darker, make it lower to make it lighter. I'm settled on 0.9 for now.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2014

11. robgrab

robgrab Guest

GPU:
    ASUS Strix 1080 8GB
    I'm relatively familiar with ENB settings as well. I've been messing with them on Skyrim, Fallout 3, and Fallout New Vegas for years now. But with iCEnhancer 3.0 there are numerous sections under "Lighting" with no indication of what each one controls. I hope someone creates a user guide describing what each section controls.

12. wunkley

wunkley Guest

GPU:
    780Ti SLI
    Anyone any bright ideas for fixing this lighting bug mentioned above??

Surprised there's not more attention for the latest icenhancer mod to be honest. They really re-invigorate GTAIV

13. robgrab

robgrab Guest

GPU:
    ASUS Strix 1080 8GB
    I've looked but I haven't found any active threads discusssing iCEnhancer 3.0. I'm also surprised by the lack of attention. My biggest issue with 3.0 so far is the lighting "out of the box" is radically different than previous versions. And when I say "different" I mean broken. I think I read on iCE's web site that he changed the night time lighting. I'm just surprised at how wrong it looks. I can't imagine it being an issue with my particular setup since version 2.1 is perfect as is. He's supposed to be releasing a FAQ soon that will hopefully detail how to change particular lighting values because everything I've messed with so far has had no effect.

14. Bigleg

Bigleg Guest

GPU:
    Galax GTX 1070 EXOC
    I asked on his Facbook page and stole your screen shot, as I also have the bad lighting, here was one of his replies...

15. wunkley

wunkley Guest

GPU:
    780Ti SLI
    Thanks for raising the issue on his bookface. I can't bring myself to use that monstrosity.

Pretty disappointed with his reply though about the light 'cone' issue. I'm 99% certain there wasn't this issue in his previous 2.1 mod, and there's no issue with the vanilla game, so something is going wrong somewhere. It's not just a texture problem surely.

I don't think anyone really cares that much about this mod now though, including Ice himself it seems, which is a shame.

16. robgrab

robgrab Guest

GPU:
    ASUS Strix 1080 8GB
    I don't agree with his reply. It's certainly not isolated to EFLC since I also tested GTA IV with 1.0.4.0 and 1.0.7.0 using both iCEnhancer 2.1 and 3.0. The lighting in 1.0.4.0. exhibited the exact same "lighting cone" issue once I installed iCE 3.0. It must be related to something in iCE 3.0 itself. I just don't get how some people have installed it and aren't having this issue. I'm running this on Windows 7 64bit using dual NVIDIA GTX 670 FTW Editions running in SLI with the latest drivers.

Until someone experiencing this issue actually figures it out and shares their findings with the world I'm sticking with 2.1 since it's faster and the lighting looks correct. Honestly I could care less about DoF, Godrays, and lens effects. Besides killing performance they make it look gimmicky. I was more interested in getting Ambient Occlusion and Skylighting for EFLC since those features weren't available in iCEnhancer 2.1 because it uses an older ENB version.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2014
  17. Restless

Restless Guest

GPU:
    R9 270X
    Hi, I just installed iCEnhancer 3.0. I have only one question: to use this graphic mod the "ENBinjector.exe" must be launched during the game? Or is it optional? Or must be launched only the first time?

18. robgrab

robgrab Guest

GPU:
    ASUS Strix 1080 8GB
    Just launch GTA IV like you normally would. Don't launch anything besides the GTA IV launcher. The mod will load itself automatically.

19. robgrab

robgrab Guest

GPU:
    ASUS Strix 1080 8GB
    There was a patch released yesterday that was supposed to "fix" some of the lighting issues people are experiencing with 3.0. I tried it but it didn't fix the lighting at night for me, which is still way too bright. In particular the night sky isn't black or even dark. Based on the textures that came with iCE 3.0 I should be seeing a black night sky with stars but instead I'm just seeing a dark pink color. It's like the sky texture isn't loading properly and with skylighting enabled it's using that dark pink color to illuminate the entire scene thus making everything too bright with a pinkish hue. When I disable the sky texture it's slightly better but it's still not correct. Still wish I could figure out how to make it look like iCE 2.1. Below are examples of the two versions compared.

iCEnhancer 3.0
    [​IMG]

iCEnhancer 2.1
    [​IMG]

20. thatguy91

thatguy91 Guest

Point the above comparison out on the Facebook page :).

Maybe someone could donate a 'copy' of EFLC to him.