TheWorse Mod for Watch Dogs #3 part

Discussion in 'Game Tweaks and Modifications' started by TheWorse, Jul 9, 2014.

1. ThatGuyOverTher

ThatGuyOverTher Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX980
    Are there any values i can put in the xml renderrain to make it rain more?

2. Leeo

Leeo Guest

GPU:
    Asus GXT 670 2gb
    For some reason i doesn't rain at all, im using 1.0 of this "mod" (without MalDo's textures).
    Anyone else having this problem?

3. cmh175

cmh175 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 770 Classified
    Have you tried sleeping for a few day? It definitely rains. Otherwise you need to check your gamerprofile. Make sure the part that says "Render Rain" is set to 1, not 0. For some reason that resets sometimes if you change the settings or something.

Lowering the rain threshold in the windy_city.game.xml file will make it rain more.

4. Leeo

Leeo Guest

GPU:
    Asus GXT 670 2gb
    ^^ thanks, i'll try that.

5. KuroTenshi

KuroTenshi Guest

GPU:
    GTX 970 4gb @ 1177/1402
    I think you can't play with any console. 90% of their games are 30fps maximum...

Indeed you are spoiled (and the game currently doesn't support SLI, so it will be unplayable for you. Only 30 to 40 fps and a bit of stuttering with a GTX 670 OC + a SSD, not everything to ultra and optimized by TheWorse and Maldo. Poor guy...).

Last edited: Jul 25, 2014
  6. Mikanoshi

Mikanoshi Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 670 SLI
    I'm not playing it until it's fixed anyway) I have 60-70 fps with occasional dips to 50 with SLI, it could be playable, but stuttering ruins everything.

I force V-Sync off in NV panel and all games immediately after first launch, it's useless cause I don't see any tearing anymore after switching from 60 to 120hz monitor. It can also be harmful because of higher input lag.
    So you are saying that v-sync removes stuttering? That link doesn't have a single word about it, only tearing, but I don't have any problems with that.

Pfff, who needs consoles anyway :nerd: It's not me who is spoiled, it's you who got used to "slideshow" console gaming and refuses to accept that 60 fps is million times more smooth and enjoyable, and 120 fps is like butter smooth and even better than 60.

Game does support SLI for a very long time now, GPU usage is 70-95%, scaling, on the other hand, is not that good.

7. KuroTenshi

KuroTenshi Guest

GPU:
    GTX 970 4gb @ 1177/1402
    I verified in a dictionary what "spoiled" meant. I took "spoiled" definition for human being, not for food. So I am spoiled for being less exigent ^^.

I know 60fps is more enjoyable, maybe it's even better on higher fps. But I know too it's playable and smooth from 25fps.

Maybe you think anybody must have needs and money to play with latest games at 60fps or more with all details ? We are not all "Paris Hilton".

So console builders, most game developers and most players are trashes for you because they need less to be happy.

By saying one's who need less is spoiled, it's what I call arrogance...
    Being happy with few is what I call "humility".

8. cmh175

cmh175 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 770 Classified
    SLI is buggy, but not something modders can really fix. Your performance will likely be better without it. If you're waiting for that to be fixed before playing the game you'll be waiting awhile. It doesn't seem likely UBI will release anymore updates outside of DLC.

The v-synch fix is to enable adaptive v-synch without getting capped at 30 fps. I have v-synch running with 45-60 fps.

With a 120hz monitor you're still likely to see tearing with frame rates over the refresh rate. Without v-synch I can get over 200 fps, so that seems likely. But whatever works for you.

9. Lardo

Lardo Guest

GPU:
    R9 280x Toxic 3GB
    Does anyone know how to merge the Ubi patch with a WD mod?

10. Lumicko

Lumicko Guest

GPU:
    EVGA Gtx 780 Ti

11. Mikanoshi

Mikanoshi Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 670 SLI
    "Playable" and "smooth" are all subjective. 25 fps is a slideshow and I can't stand it. We are talking about monitors from a meter distance, not a TV from 3 meters and with fake Hz enabled.

Your eyes and brain don't care about your money, 60 fps is 60 fps, and 25 is 25. You don't have to buy hardware for 60 fps if you can't or don't want to, but don't say that 25 fps is ok for everyone and those who can play only on 60 are spoiled.

I just want exactly what my hardware is capable of and what I can call a playable framerate, and it's not 40 fps, that's for sure. How it makes me a bad person?)

Not on ultra) not even close... and v-sync doesn't help with stuttering, so I have no idea why we are talking about it :)

12. cmh175

cmh175 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 770 Classified
    Lol v-synch, again, fixes tearing. The gamerprofile fix I mentioned is to fix the problem where it gets capped at 30 fps, so it can get up to 45-60 (for me at least). Otherwise v-synch will actually cause stuttering when it's stuck at 30 fps.

13. Mikanoshi

Mikanoshi Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 670 SLI
    So why did you recommend it to me when my problem is stuttering, not tearing? :D

14. jmx777

jmx777 Guest

GPU:
    GTX 750 TI @ 1400/6200
    Anybody?

Sorry for repost but i don't know how to doit myself...

15. gerardfraser

gerardfraser Guest

GPU:
    R9 290 Crossfire
    You can unpack the patch.dat and patch.fat file and delete the civiliandensity.lib it will be in this folder
    patch_unpack\generated\databases\generic
    Then just repack the patch_unpack folder.
    Use these tools
    http://svn.gib.me/builds/disrupt/

16. Leeo

Leeo Guest

GPU:
    Asus GXT 670 2gb
    It seems this mod breaks up the 'original' daylight system.
    The street lights turn on when the sky is still clear, there's no rain.etc The day cycle is all messed up.
    Thats a shame because the graphically side of this mod is nice (the bokeh effect & depth of field, dynamic lights/cars,etc).
    The wind is also to strong, despite what they say 'chicago windy city'..

Getting average 55 fps, min 45fps - playing high settings, HBAO+(high), no aa.

17. gerardfraser

gerardfraser Guest

GPU:
    R9 290 Crossfire
    Watch dogs MSAA8x

Here's a video I did up quick,think it was a pure mod or a mix of a couple mods anyway Ultra MSAA8x,of course lost few FPS recording.
    http://youtu.be/PpWEZfeqrwQ

18. Blanky

Blanky Member

GPU:
    RTX 2070 SUPERXTrio
    They know which improved my stuttering problem? Vertical sync off ingame or gamerprofile and enable v-sync from RadeonPro and totally improved game performance for me, I will not lie about that game all ultra setting it because it would lie but also with some more options from RadeonPro playing Maldo TheWorse version 1.0 + textures, with medium textures and high and many options just have no stuttering and I can play a good game experience 50-60 fps.

19. cmh175

cmh175 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 770 Classified
    This is quite the anomaly. I'm not really sure what the problem is that could be causing any of that. The time has been altered so it's not the vanilla time cycle, but other than the time of day that wouldn't effect anything (and you can also easily restore the original time cycle). I'm not sure about the street lights in the vanilla game, but in reality they turn on about an hour before it gets dark so this doesn't bother me personally. I've heard about it not raining for some, but it usually clears up and the weather system acts normally. It's generated randomly, not something with a lot of control.

20. KuroTenshi

KuroTenshi Guest

GPU:
    GTX 970 4gb @ 1177/1402
    Ok it's your tastes. Used to a 120hz monitor it can be worse.
    Indeed, I am playing PC games on big TV with an ampli at 3 meters.

A lot of people wants 60 fps, but they often have to enjoy around 30 fps on high end rigs, either because of the game or limited hardware.

My tastes are : I like 60 fps ! I like to play 60 fps. But I can't always. But I still enjoy around 30fps (in an ultra modded Skyrim for example). But I probably wouldn't stand it in Street Fighter IV after having tried 60fps.

It's a matter of games I think. I don't consider Watch Dogs as a FPS. 40 fps is perfect for me for this game.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2014