TheWorse Mod for Watch Dogs #3 part

Discussion in 'Game Tweaks and Modifications' started by TheWorse, Jul 9, 2014.

1. ThatGuyOverTher

ThatGuyOverTher Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX980
    Well sweet FX was never friendly with windows 8..Try deleting the files you just placed in the Watch_Dogs directory and follow cmh175's instructions on the discussion, it may be that you did not pack the files in the gibbed.disrupt.. be more specific so we can help you.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2014
  2. ThatGuyOverTher

ThatGuyOverTher Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX980
    Here is a question, which has a performance increase? high fog or low fog in cmh175 mod??

3. cmh175

cmh175 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 770 Classified
    Low and minimal fog will probably perform better, though by how much is hard to say. I don' t think the high fog settings impact performance enough that it isn't worth using if you like it. I'd base that decision more on which you prefer visually. If anything civilian density may be a bigger factor for performance.

4. famich

famich Active Member

GPU:
    GTX 780TI SLI@1250
    Hi, just wanted to say a big TYA to you. I have customized the mod provided by you at Steam , it s simply AWESOME . THX :):):)

5. ThatGuyOverTher

ThatGuyOverTher Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX980
    I have civilian density on default, but I asked this because i like the way low fog looks actually, and i was thinking that high fog would limit what we see making the fps higher or that low fog would make us see more making the fps lower or high fog lowering fps because it is rendering a lot of fog or that low fog has higher performance because it render less fog...guess i gotta delete the patch.dat and patch.fat, drag the normal bloom and low fog to the patch folder and repack it when it get home to test it..

6. cmh175

cmh175 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 770 Classified
    lol that'll be interesting. You don't have to worry about deleting patch files though, when you pack the patch folder it'll overwrite the patch.dat and patch.fat files if you still have a copy of them in the mod folder.

7. LiveTrash

LiveTrash Guest

GPU:
    6970 Twin Frozr 2GB
    Which one are you referring to? Do you have a link for it? That would be appreciated! I'd like to see if I can get this working.

8. nyckrazy

nyckrazy Guest

GPU:
    dual nvidia 750m
    Thank you so much theworst for this incredible mod!! as well as cmh175 for his awesome alternative!! You guys are AMAZING!

9. ThatGuyOverTher

ThatGuyOverTher Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX980
  10. ThatGuyOverTher

ThatGuyOverTher Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX980
    That discussion should have everything you need from help with the mod and how to install from cmh175 to a guide on to inject Sweet FX, by me :D

11. Aure77

Aure77 Guest

GPU:
    8 Go
    How can I remove bokeh effect ? I can do that before with WD Tool...

12. LiveTrash

LiveTrash Guest

GPU:
    6970 Twin Frozr 2GB
    That's the one I downloaded and that's the one that gave me a blue screen without that SweetFX, and when I did install SweetFX, it just didn't run the game at all.

Anyone running Windows 8.1 that managed to get this working? What steps did you follow?

13. cmh175

cmh175 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 770 Classified
    I know this is an issue the game has in general. There's nothing in the patch that would cause it to blue screen. It's still very odd though. Just in case try reinstalling the UBI patch and running the game, than reinstall the mod again. I've heard that can help.

The Depth of Field can be disabled in the games graphic settings. The old WD tool for v0.8 didn't disable it, just change the camera options. You can do the same with updated v1.0 I released on Steam.

Last edited: Jul 25, 2014
  14. bkrieger

bkrieger Guest

GPU:
    GTX 680 sli 2GB
    How many fps are you guys getting, especially when driving? When driving, it drops into the 30's, and I have everything on high. I have 2 GTx 680 2gb sli.

15. PIRATEorNINJA

PIRATEorNINJA Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 780 SC 6GB
    780 6gb sc here and i stay around 50-60 fps no matter what im doing. it dropped into the 40s when i had txaa 4x but i went down to 2x and its better now

16. bkrieger

bkrieger Guest

GPU:
    GTX 680 sli 2GB
    Could the fact that my cards are 2gb make that much of a difference?

17. Aliti_308

Aliti_308 Guest

GPU:
    780 sli
    Firstly, disable SLI game runs better, secondly you need more VRAM. 2GB ain't enough. It will be playable at high but stutter will be your friend.

18. bkrieger

bkrieger Guest

GPU:
    GTX 680 sli 2GB
    Even with the nvidia driver with the sli profile, it will run better with sli off?

19. Aliti_308

Aliti_308 Guest

GPU:
    780 sli
    Disable sli entirely. Not through the WD game profile.

20. ThatGuyOverTher

ThatGuyOverTher Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX980