The Pure E3 2012 Mod for WATCH DOGS PC (Screenshots + Download)

Discussion in 'Game Tweaks and Modifications' started by Supersourav99, Jun 28, 2014.

1. Cru_N_cher

Cru_N_cher Guest

GPU:
    MSI NX8800GT OC
    I would rather guess it is the Engine switch for Tesellation or the Mesh detail exchange no real bug i guess the same you would see @ Medium Game setup i saw these textures already in Vanilla with a lower Detail setup.

And Nvidia also says they exchange Mesh quality the question though if they do it with Manual Mesh exchange or Tesselation i guess Tesselation based :)

Nice test is the Magazin of the Machine Gun @ close FOV you will immediately see roundness differences of the Tesselation Quality :)

Quiet big Visual Database i have by now Acquired of Different Mods and Vanilla Render Results ;)

http://anonym.to/?http://www.ld-host.de/uploads/images/1f20e1220586f5bacd98a26952105d09.png

Last edited: Jul 24, 2014
  2. wunkley

wunkley Guest

GPU:
    780Ti SLI
    The geometry 'bug' is seen either on low texture presets I believe, or in mods where the command SkipHighQualityGeometry is activated in the defaultrender config file.

In actual practice it is very very very minor from my own testing and observations. The only issues I have found are

1. Strip of concrete texture missing above owl motel door
    2. The letter O's on the owl motel sign out front are slightly less round
    3. In the pharmacy some of the pill boxes are lacking texture details

I presume using this command uses slightly less polygons for a few locations???

The main thing is, activating this is one of THE best ways to eliminate STUTTER!

I would like to hear others peoples findings on this, and what other minor bugs and issues anyone's observed when using SkipHighQualityGeometry=1

3. Aliti_308

Aliti_308 Guest

GPU:
    780 sli
    Sounds like that is the least visual sacrificing method to go for. Weigh up the options, stutter free gaming for minor visual issues or stutter fest for something you won't be staring at.

I know which one I want ;)

4. wunkley

wunkley Guest

GPU:
    780Ti SLI
    Exactly.

I'm going to do some more testing later on today, but I already know it's the best way to pretty much eliminate stutter whilst being able to have everything else really high or ultra, especially when driving.

5. Supersourav99

Supersourav99 Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 270X 4G GDDR5
    When i asked everyone that should i use skipHQG ! During the PERORMANCE,VISUAL,BALANCED version announcement back when V6 FINAL was launched ! No one replied :( !

6. wunkley

wunkley Guest

GPU:
    780Ti SLI
    I didn't know what it meant then probably :)

This modding lark is a bit of a learning curve ain't it.

I think it would be really useful for people to see what other glitches there are using skipHQG though. If it's as minor as I think it might be, then it could be a certainty to use, especially for your performance option.

Anyone want to start a proper list? I've listed 3 a few posts up...^

7. Aliti_308

Aliti_308 Guest

GPU:
    780 sli
    Probably because know one knew what you were talking about :D

If it's only in a handful of scenarios it really isn't worth keeping. If we knew that then we could say whether to keep it.

Sounds to me like setting that to 1 will drop all your presets down the next level I.E

Performance is similar to lite version
    Balance is like performance
    Visuals is like balance

Whilst keeping same visuals.

Everyone will love you ;) (assuming the geometry bug ain't that wide spread)

8. Tsukiko-chan

Tsukiko-chan Member

GPU:
    Radeon HD7870 GHZ 2GB
    @Tony,
    I like the thought that your mod is the balance version with maldo textures and a few tweaks as i wanted to see if they could be combined.
    You mentioned in your release notes that you used default particles.. does this mean that the civilian density has been reduced back down to vanilla or is it still using the expanded civilian density as this was a feature i definitely would like to keep (i'm not sure how much of a fps change it will do for me but i like the thought of packed streets in a city)?
    Other than maldo, particles and geometry-reduction, are there any other major differences between your mod and the Balance mod? I'm going to download both and see how it goes for me on my setup :)
    good job guys on the mods XD

@supersourav,
    Since tony's release mod post may get lost within the page here, it might be good to link it on the main post like you do with the Lite version since it is a derivation of one of the mods on the mainpage. just a wee thought ^_^

9. Sunset

Sunset Maha Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC 3070 TE OC
    not eliminate, say to reduce, because the command alone may not be enough ... especially with older video cards

10. yok833

yok833 Guest

GPU:
    gtx 970 gaming 4gb
    @Sunset : Do you think that your next pack of textures v4.5 combined with balanced version + Tony tweaks can improve the performance or if not improve the overhaul quality for the same results ?

11. Supersourav99

Supersourav99 Guest

GPU:
    Okay guys i have changed the entire fire explosions texture and the smokes !
    I am currently uploading the files ! I need some one to make a video on them ! PM me and i l give you the files when ready !
    Also,you should have the basic knowledge of using Rick's Tools for Unpacking and packing !

12. Amine Zack

Amine Zack Guest

GPU:
    MSI R9 270 Gaming 2Go
    Can we do something about Motion Blur ? I still don't get why it doesn't work ^^"

13. Supersourav99

Supersourav99 Guest

GPU:
    It's turned off from defaultrenderconfig ! As of yet ! in future i l enable it :)

14. william456

william456 Guest

GPU:
    MSI Titan X
    Hello~

edited

15. Yecnot

Yecnot Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080Ti
    Please tell me you've gotten WD to run with that setup?! :banana:

16. Amine Zack

Amine Zack Guest

GPU:
    MSI R9 270 Gaming 2Go
    This Motion Blur is very helpful when the frames goes around 30fps or below, it makes the game looks smooth :)

It don't hit perfomance that much, right ?

Thank you :D !

17. DonMCorleone

DonMCorleone Guest

GPU:
    Asus 780 GTX DCII OC
    Choosing Mod

Hi
    I've tested some mods and although they've been great mods but my stutter didn't end, so far the best mods with best graphics and least stutter is Lunayahs HQ mod 3.1 fixed that everything on ultra TXAA 2X Texture Ultra gives me 45-53 frames and the quality is great but I have stutter esp. under L train rails.
    My rig is CPU Core i7 4770k Ram 16gb 2666 MHz ssd 128 gb GPU 780 gtx oc
    I have a question
    Which mod is the best for me?Balanced?because the visual mod gave me 30 fps and stutter
    I want the best quality without stutter based on my rig
    Please help me

18. wunkley

wunkley Guest

GPU:
    780Ti SLI
    You have the same rig as me almost (I'm only using one 780Ti for WD as SLI is bust).

I have found the best mods for me regarding performance, great visuals, and most importantly least stutter, are

1. SuperS's balanced, or v6 core with tweaked Maldo textures like TonyMBR has done. When you use this or any mod using Maldo textures set textures to high in game (not ultra, no need) all other settings max, SMAA (my preference) and you get a great looking, little stutter experience. Due to MAldo textures there is a bit of aliasing here and there, but not so much as I've seen in the past, not sure why.

2. However, my current favourite, only discovered yesterday is Lunayah's newest HQ Warm 3.1 Fixed. This is a big download and is using Maldo and other textures I believe, not sure, but with this again I set textures to high in game, LOD, shadows and reflections to high (not ultra), smaa, all else maxed.

Read his thread or the readme in the download for explanations, but the way he's configured the mod in a nutshell means.... medium=high, high=ultra, ultra='superultra'

With this I get amazing visuals, great textures with no aliasing that look like vanilla ultra, and HARDLY ANY STUTTER at all. I
    I've also unpacked it and added solocreep's anamorphic lens flares (beautiful!)

This mod is also using high geometry, but I'm going to tweak a version to enable SkiphighQualityGeometry and see how that looks and runs. From my experience I'm expecting it be positive, and just possibly, entirely stutter free for me!

19. TonyMBR

TonyMBR Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 770 SC ACX 2GB
    I actually haven't changed particles, I've only decreased civilian density for 2 reasons I personally dislike and that goes to the "Why Ubisoft had it removed on the final release" features collection:

1- Too many civilians will drop down performance for people who have i5 CPU's, since 2 of them cores are dedicated to game's physics (and here you find the "secret" of i7's superior framerates). Other than that, when civilian density is at its highest your CPU will work a lot more to help the GPU processing more civilians. In Watch_Dogs we should remember that they are not just 3D models wandering the streets, they have a profession, age, hobby and many of them have bank accounts or criminal activities to be tracked. And for every civilian on the street it requires a lot of calculation to generate each of them, even though the game has an engine to take care of this rapidly.

2- Well, the point exposed above is not so damaging to performance on i7's rigs. Okay, but let us not forget that even though the random civilian generator was meant to create the exact amount of civilians we see on the original version. They're not few and they diverse in looks and personal data, when you increase it the chance you'll find the exactly same two NPCs on the same location is increased by 50% or more. I, myself have seen two civilians executing the same actions at 1 meter of distance from one another. I even have experienced the "bothersome drunk guy who tries to hug a girl" at FOUR consecutive blocks while riding my bike, and once I've had THREE of them on the same block. I could hear their voices one after another, two in one side of the street and one at the other side.

What I did to geometry was to decrease it to a point where you can still read the signs in fast-food restaurant, but with less quality and at Owl Motel you have bricks and octagonal decorative pillars instead of concrete + 12-sided decorative pillars.
    For my personal tastes I prefer to have amazing roads and LoD instead of beautiful HQ signs on restaurants. I don't even notice them while I'm in the middle of a shooting, driving, running and paying attention to the plot and sidequests.

Mods are awesome, this is PC and our goal is to achieve perfection, but let us not forget that Watch_Dogs still is a game and is meant to be played as well. Some time ago I decided not to keep looking at wall edges and ground textures for too long, just a little bit, because I'm bound to find errors no matter how good a mod is. It's a game, it has pixels and polygons, sometimes they collide, or they are too close or too far and even mix with themselves in the end. LoL
    That's my personal preference and thoughts, of course.

Anything I said above is subject to any corrections Supersourav99, CoolerEra and Sunset may add, They are the true modders in here, I've only made a simple compilation and decided to share it with you. :)

20. william456

william456 Guest

GPU:
    MSI Titan X
    The new fire and smoke by Supersourav99
    and with sweetfx is amazing

@Supersourav99
    if you think the pics is not ok, i will delete

[​IMG]

[​IMG]