RadeonPro BETA (Automating 3D Settings) #2

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Jan 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KrzYsieK8926

KrzYsieK8926 Guest

GPU:
    MSI HD 7770 Ghz Edition
    If You forcing v-sync in all games maybe try setting it globally instead of profiles?
    I think it's worth a try, also as You mentioned D3DOverrider earlier I assume it didn't work either?

2. freeman94

freeman94 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070 ARMOR
    D3DOverrider stop working ages ago. It doesn't support 64bit .exe files, and have little problems with Windows 8/8.1 like broken automatic start-up etc...

When it comes to RadeonPRO, I Don't want to mess with Global settings. It will change everything, and I don't want it.
    Sniper Elite III isn't so demending game, so I play with VSync ingame without tripplebuffering, but to be honest i hope someone will figure it out since, there will be new games at the end of the year. And TrippleBuffering is so, awsome. I still don't get it why devs doesn't include it in they're game. The one pleasant exception was Thief.

3. The Mac

The Mac Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    is RP in 64bit mode?

it sounds like RP is not hooking.

Are you sure you arent running the mantle render path? There are currently no tools for mantle hooking.

i dont have that game, do you have another exibiting the same behavior?

Last edited: Jul 3, 2014
  4. freeman94

freeman94 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070 ARMOR
    Yes
    SniperElite III is only DirectX for now. There will be update that will add Mantle
    Support, and I hooked the right .exe It should work but, it doesn't.
    Watch Dogs

Last edited: Jul 3, 2014

5. The Mac

The Mac Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    your killing me, i dont have that one either.

lol

6. plywood99

plywood99 Guest

Try running RP with Admin privileges.

7. THEAST

THEAST Guest

GPU:
    GTX 3080
    @freeman94, do those games have 64-bit executables? RP's 64-bit support is quite hit and miss and it doesn't work in many games, if not the majority. In fact, I'm yet to come across a 64-bit game in which RP worked properly. As asserted by JapAMD himself, there is a bug in RP's 64-bit DLL which was supposed to be fixed in a future but I believe it never was. I recently played Crysis-Warhead and even though RP worked just fine with the 32-bit executable, it didn't work at all when the game was launched using the 64-bit executable; same behavior in the original Crysis.

8. hopeful

hopeful Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080 FE
    The problem I find with Radeon Pro these days, is that it doesn't apply settings for games, unless it's running.

Is there a way around this? Or rather a way to make a game initiate Radeon Pro when it launches and then closes Radeon Pro when the game ends?

9. freeman94

freeman94 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070 ARMOR
    You need to have it run in background to work.
    You can't make profile, then exit radeonpro, and play game...RadeonPRO needs to be working to apply settings.

I've got it run always. I set it only to work for custom profiles, so it doesn't interfere with rest of the windows/global settings, only those that I force.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2014
  10. The Mac

The Mac Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    ditto, its pretty low profile, so its no biggie to have it running all the time.

11. Bullu$

Bullu$ Master Guru

GPU:
    R290X CFX@1050/1350
    Which programm should I use now? Radeonpro isn't updated yet since last year.
    Radeopro Infinity?

12. The Mac

The Mac Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    Infinity is on indefinite hold.

everything still works with RP, updates aren't necessary.

13. hopeful

hopeful Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080 FE
    Thanks for the confirmation, I understand it will have to run in the background.
    Though I may be giving up on it. Since installing R9 290 crossfire, RP has been extremely unsupportive in most of my games.

Does not activate settings in :

Far Cry 3
    Battlefield 4

This a D3D11 issue?

Crashes :

Skyrim (or runs at 1FPS)

I ensure to have all other overlays or GPU programs disabled/closed, CCC closed etc.

I really only want to use it for the frame latency management, under the tweaks section. If there was another tool that simply handled that, I'd be all over it. Sadly, things like DXTory only frame cap.

I might give ATTray tools a go again (been several years now), but worry about compatibility.

Last edited: Jul 25, 2014
  14. The Mac

The Mac Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    i dont have any issues in those games you listed with my 290.

15. AudiTuner

AudiTuner Member Guru

GPU:
    2x Gigabyte 7950
    RadeonPro is dead - John took a job working on Raptr (that lousy bloatware program that comes with the AMD drivers). I highly doubt we'll see any more releases of RadeonPro.

16. hopeful

hopeful Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080 FE
    What settings do you use for BF4 and FarCry 3? I noticed Radeon Pro has a problem dealing with elevated privileges i.e. administrator However(and this is a side issue I didn't mention), when I run the programs without administrator access, they crash at the desktop with a 'stopped working' error.

Maybe not, but if it would serve as a stable frame latency tool than that's fine. At the moment it works in less than half my programs/games.

17. KrzYsieK8926

KrzYsieK8926 Guest

GPU:
    MSI HD 7770 Ghz Edition
    So what it's not being updated, everything is working, what's more John said that He will fix any bugs in current features caused by future drivers.

18. The Mac

The Mac Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    I dont have BF4, But FC3 and Skyrim are max settings with Vsync and Tripple buffering handled by Radeon Pro, as well as all visual tweaks at quality, AA forced where available, and SMAA enabled where appropriate.

I use these settings for every single game i own (over 200 on steam)

Ive never had a single crash to desktop from any of my games (casued by RP), nor any permission issues.

Sounds like you have a bad install.

19. hopeful

hopeful Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080 FE
    Does anyone know the registry entry for enabling Frame Pacing? I don't have CCC installed. I assume it's on by default but not sure.

Thanks, I managed to sort this out by cleaning up the original shortcuts, and removing the elevated privileges/administrator flag on the programs. Radeon Pro activates in these games now.

I did a driver reinstall, fixed some things, might have worsened others!

20. teleguy

teleguy Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070/Vega 56
    Could be Directx 9 vs 11. Are you using Video Adapter Spoofing?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.