TheWorse Mod for Watch Dogs #3 part

Discussion in 'Game Tweaks and Modifications' started by TheWorse, Jul 9, 2014.

1. zahvad

zahvad Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 780Ti OC 3GB
    Thanks. Tell me please, what is cmh tweaked for less fog and lower dof? I have original game, The Worse Mod 1.0 with MalDo textures and SweetFX from first page of this topic. My picture is not the same. What I must change?
    P.S. I'd love to disable DOF and fog in game or reduce their presence. Can you write me the links to all modifications you used? Thanks a lot.

2. KuroTenshi

KuroTenshi Guest

GPU:
    GTX 970 4gb @ 1177/1402
    Ok I understand your point of view. I was afraid of a new reaction of TheWorse.
    Maybe big and red capitals were not appropriate. Your presentation is so detailed we get the impression it's a new mod, given the fact that it uses too different other mods.

You could say it's a modified version of TheWorse Mod, for better performances (with the use of other textures for example) and another ambiance. I think then that TheWorse could include it in the main post.

Words's choice is important. As you are in TheWorse thread, you have to express your mod as a modification of original TheWorse mod for whatever reasons.

There was other people here that seemed to look for "notoriety" and provoked rucus.

3. Gehab

Gehab Guest

GPU:
    GIGABYTE GTX 670 4GB
    Thanks man! I think that did it! <3

4. ThatGuyOverTher

ThatGuyOverTher Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX980
    Hey everybody, thank you for viewing my guide and the screenshots! I have one of the most popular guides in the Watch_Dogs community! You guys are amazing, so I decided to make the guide easier to follow, added more detail, and added screenshots to the guide. Hope you guys like it even better than before :bigsmile:
    Here are the links to my google+ screenshots and my Steam guide.
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=289922515

https://plus.google.com/11691871433...6039067831751836146&oid=116918714331119317503

5. TonyMBR

TonyMBR Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 770 SC ACX 2GB
    Sure, I'm aware of it.

I'm nowhere near to do this and don't plan to do so. I just like to compile and fiddle with a few commands and libs. I only relocate them, I don't like changing already done effects and such. Either I keep or remove them completely as I've done to TW's 0.97c fog.

As to the "title" of my modification it is really something hard to do, once I started from the Supersourav99 one. I see he uses TW's cameras movement, but TW uses his camera perspective since 0.99... And then there's a lot of people who say that Kadzait24 started it and... Wow... You get it? My simple sharing would be something like "Kadzait24 0.3 TheWorse's 1.0 Supersourav99 Balanced + MaLDo's Textures Fix.........." LoL

Too much drama, as I said just a mod (or many of them) for an unoptimized game that everyone seeks to improve. Let us have fun and try to make it together, again "We're all on the same boat (PC), let us not try to throw each other out of it."

Cheers and thanks for your comprehension.

6. PIRATEorNINJA

PIRATEorNINJA Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 780 SC 6GB
    look at my last post it has a link in it to the version of the mod i am using + sweetfx. its a thread on steam forums made by cmh175. he take theworse 1.0 and edit it to have less fog and weaker dof. if you wait for his update later today he is going to have a new version with more options. just keep checking that thread on steam or here as he will post here when he is done.

7. Omerta

Omerta Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 760 OC 4GB
    I have a small request if possible, can someone fix two things:

1. Reduce the resolution / texture of grass, for better fps and performance.

2. Fix this rapidly changing weather condition [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Thank you very much :)

8. cmh175

cmh175 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 770 Classified
    The update I'm uploading this evening has options for Maldo's and TonyMBR's texture mods, either one will help with increasing frame rate. I also included performance fixes that are simple and very effective so they're worth a try. I did touch the weather effects a tiny bit for that very reason, so the weather changes a bit smoother, but it's overall very minor so the mod's very much intact.

9. cmh175

cmh175 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 770 Classified
  10. The Joker

The Joker Guest

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 6990
    May I also suggest an option (obviously it doesn't exist yet, but should the modification come around) to change the 'wireframe' effect when hacking objects in the world.

Using E3 as the Rule Book in this case, the 'wireframe' only appears when the object was selected in the 'wheel', which we cannot do, but it did flash when the hack was used, similar to how it currently does. If the file for this arises, which it may already have, I think people would also enjoy the option to...
    1) Have it default... duh.
    2) Have it 'invisible' or off until it is used.
    3) Have the hacking wireframe off completely.
    (2 would match E3 with the selection wheel that we currently have, since Traffic Lights isn't an option, but can be done, and 3 would provide those who do cinematic sceenshots or videos a more 'real' look.)
    This also can't affect the the 'signal lines' that connect around the world from the phone, or that guide players to intrusion boxes, the hacking minigame, etc.

11. cmh175

cmh175 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 770 Classified
    You want to remove the highlighted hackable object and mini map stuff right? Pretty much the main hud? Everything you're looking for is in the gamerprofile. I haven't tried it yet, but those options are configurable there, just change them from "1" to "0". You'll have to google it though, I don't remember exactly which ones to change.

12. The Joker

The Joker Guest

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 6990
    That removes the hud, but not the 'wireframe', the hud controls could not be any further than the 'wireframe' that pops up in the world. I'm talking about the white effects that appear in every instance of passing through an intersection with lights, or any of the on-foot objects such as forklifts or pipes. In 2012 (using the apparent rule book again), the effect only exists once the item is selected in the weapon/hack wheel, which we don't entirely have, so the only way to mimic this would be to only have the effect be active when the object is actually hacked. The icons exist in the video, and would be necessary in the game, but the 'hacking wireframe' does not exist until the phone is used, which would be when the player actually hacks the object.

13. Omerta

Omerta Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 760 OC 4GB
    You have not figured out what I wanted to say.

Let's say this: Outside is very bad weather, fog, rain and so on.. When I go into the tunnel, and I drive by it, at the exit of the tunnel I see out there that there is no rain or nothing, and then a sudden change as soon as I get out of the tunnel.

Here has already been discussed about it, is not only a problem in the tunnel, but also in other "closed" areas which have views out.

14. Boroda

Boroda Guest

GPU:
    770 GTX
    Hello, everybody
    Could you tell me, please, is it possible to turn off the depth of field in this mod? I cann't see a thing... it's too difficult for me to focus on any objects (((
    Thank you in advance

15. Aliti_308

Aliti_308 Guest

GPU:
    780 sli
    In the Graphics options in game :bleh:

16. Boroda

Boroda Guest

GPU:
    770 GTX
    OMG. Thank you, I didn't even notice this option :D

17. zahvad

zahvad Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 780Ti OC 3GB
    Thanks a lot.:)

18. ThatGuyOverTher

ThatGuyOverTher Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX980
    So I downloaded and used cmh175's configurable mod and it is wonderful.. I am using TonyMBR's textures and Solocreep's E3 anamorphic lens flares, along with Default bloom and high fog, TheWorse 1.00 camera and DOF, Dynamic Shadows on, Default Civilian density, TheWorse's light pollution effect, and TheWorse 1.00 enhanced lighting. I am listing these so people can get the same look out of it that I get, here is the Sweet FX I use, http://sfx.thelazy.net/games/preset/1686/
    And here is the link that shows you how to apply the Sweet FX, http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=289922515

And just in case you guys want to know my settings, I have all settings max except for shadows(high) and motion blur(off) high textures at 2560x1440, no anti-aliasing(I turned it off because aliasing wasn't noticeable unless you look closely and it saved me a couple frames.
    Later today I will post more Screenshots to give an example of just how good it looks now.

19. cmh175

cmh175 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 770 Classified
    Oh ok I get what you mean. Unless I'm mistaken though I think that's always been an issue with the game. It could be fixable, but I think adjusting the weather effects while indoors may tank performance quite a bit. I'd say the thing I notice more is how cars will suddenly appear when you're driving, particularly at high speeds. LA Noire had the same problem. Again, probably fixable but the performance hit may not be worth it.

20. LiveTrash

LiveTrash Guest

GPU:
    6970 Twin Frozr 2GB
    I tried putting the patch.dat and patch.fat files in and my game blue screen's my PC every time when I try to resume my game. Upon trying to install this SweetFX thing with the injector, it just doesn't run the game at all.

Any ideas? I have Windows 8.1 64-bit.