Battlefield: Hardline Delayed Until 2015

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Jul 23, 2014.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    Electronic Arts announced today that Battlefield: Hardline and Dragon Age: Inquisition will be delayed. According to the big publisher, the new Battlefield game is now planned for an early 2015 rele...

Battlefield: Hardline Delayed Until 2015

2. DarkKnightDude

DarkKnightDude Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX770 4 GB OC
    This is good. EA realized that Hardline was too much like BF4 so gives Visceral more months to change the game up. Inquisition delay takes them out of crowded October.

3. SLI-756

SLI-756 Guest

GPU:
    760 SLI 4gb 1215/ 6800
    not too fussed as so many are due in q4, hoping for a great battlefield campaign from hardline.

4. rl66

rl66 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX 6700 XT
    i have played to the hardline beta and where not convincted the game is cute but clearly no gameplay, nothing give you the desire to continue after 1 or 2 game... as BF4.
    this thing is still present in BF2147 and a bit in BF3.

5. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    Hardline is jsut another lay-off because they want to do it like COD... another game to milk the cash cow. Hardline does not appeal to me in any way, I didn't even play the beta, and I surely will not support EA's way of screwing over another once-good brand with such a cheap copy of an already inferior game like BF3 or BF4. There's still a sh*tload of bugs there they don't fix, so why should I buy another game, just to not be able to log in, random crashes, battlelog errors, unbalanced weapons, weak netcode, faulty hit detection, buggy map-physics, .... for another 100€.

6. WiCz

WiCz Member Guru

GPU:
    R9 290X OC WF
    Surely they don't intend to actually finish developing them first?

Whatever next ;)

7. silapakorn

silapakorn Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX980 SC 4GB
    To change the game? I doubt that's the reason of the delay. IMO they delay BFHL because the original release date overlaps with the last DLC of BF4 premium. Releasing new game and new DLC at the same time will affect the sale. After all this is EA we are talking about here.

8. Bradders684

Bradders684 Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980 Ti GAMING
    Pure marketing reasons. It will still play and look like a modded BF4 when it's released.

9. thinktwice

thinktwice Guest

GPU:
    Club 3D HD 7950
    If they dont fix bf4 first, i will never buy origin ea games.... Hope that people are awake from these money making only companies and dont preorder bf hardline!!!!!

10. Bradders684

Bradders684 Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980 Ti GAMING
    The last DLC for Battlefield 4 (Last Stand) has been delayed until October/December.

11. WhiteWolfe

WhiteWolfe Guest

GPU:
    7770/2GB GDDR5
    Was it just me that saw bf hardline on screen at E3 and thought initially that was dlc for bf4 like the vietnam pack for bfc2. When i heard it was full retail I was a little surprised so we now look forward to payday 2 but with the bf engine

12. ruiner13

ruiner13 Guest

GPU:
    Asus Strix 1080
    Translation: We aren't getting enough pre-orders yet, so we need to allow more time for chumps to pay us for nothing.

13. INSTG8R

INSTG8R Guest

GPU:
    Nitro+ 5700XT
    Meh! I have Payday 2 and it was actually WORTH the money...

14. siriq

siriq Guest

GPU:
    Evga GTX 570 Classified
    Just cant say enough, this game should be free to bf4 premium owners.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2014
  15. SurrenderMonkey

SurrenderMonkey Guest

GPU:
    2x GTX580 in sli
    I played the Beta and loved the concept. Notwithstanding this I thought that it was poorly executed and that the gameplay was particularly poor. I agree with those people who have said that it looked like a BF4 mod. Looks can be deceiving though as it played worse.

Lets hope that EA use the time to create some innovative gameplay.

16. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    I agree, I said the exact same thing when BF4 was around the corner... yet I preordered BF4 with premium and still feel a little abused, but not in the good way. Preordered on the last day possible to not make them happy all too early though...
    It's a matter of choosing the least evil, as in do you want to play that game, or not. I don't, so I will never buy it. The only thing is, once Hardline is out, I see little future for any bugfixes / improvements on BF4...

17. Ven0m

Ven0m Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    Beta felt like some cheap plastic.

I really like that EA finally changed their minds and decide that it may be better to delay a game rather than rush it and release a really bad product. BF4 was crashing for me for like half a year after release. I hope they'll take some time and finish this one properly.

18. Serotonin

Serotonin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4080 16GB
    This.

19. PieEyedPiper

PieEyedPiper Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 580
    THIS.

Sure it's just video games but I honestly feel betrayed to have hardline right around the corner. I feel like I've been waiting to play BF4 since release. Waiting and more waiting, then waiting for mantle, then waiting some more.. just to have something else shoved down my throat? Nah.

point blank - I'm not purchasing.

20. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4070 Ti
    Not sure why the series is still called "Battlefield", because the last proper one was Battlefield 2. And even that had signs for going down hill.