Lunayahs Watch Dogs Enhanced Mod

Discussion in 'Game Tweaks and Modifications' started by Lunayah, Jun 26, 2014.

?

What do you prefer. Quality or Performance?

Poll closed Jul 17, 2014.
  1. Quality

105 vote(s)
    69.1%
  2. Performance

54 vote(s)
    35.5%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Yizan

Yizan Guest

GPU:
    GTX 770
  2. XAFAfterShock

XAFAfterShock Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 770 SC 4GB
  3. KW71

KW71 Guest

GPU:
    gtx 780 3gb
    Hi, Lunayah!!!

I thought I have seen everything 'till I saw your HQ preset. Wow!!! That rain looks... ¡P. MADRE!

I would like to add a little bit mor of fog, but I haven't found a good tutorial for learn how to do this. I started to read this

forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=390238&highlight=kadzait24+watch+dogs

But I got lost

And once there use :

"Gibbed.Disrupt.unpack common.fat X:\FOLDER ( where you will place the decrypted folders ) "

Well, the point is, Do you know about some guide?

Thanks a lot for this!!!

P.D. For people complaining about W.D. threads: I have never seen any one crying about the huge amount of ENB presets on Nexus; or because the lots of bars in the city, or because the great quantity of... whatever. If you don't like it, don't eat it, or is someone putting a gun in your head, forcing you to read the threads?

4. Gurumbada

Gurumbada Member

GPU:
    gtx 680 / 2G
    If you know some DOS command, you can use like this.
    CMD -> go to where Gibbed.Disrupt.unpack.exe located -> Gibbed.Disrupt.unpack common.fat X:\FOLDER(it can be any location you want),
    Or you can make bat file by notepad, or Drag fat file to Gibbed.Disrupt.unpack.exe. It's simple part. Changing fog is a little complex I think, Using nice Mods of NICE modders, I recommend.. They(modders) did it by spending a lot of time adjusting fog, atmosphere. Even though, You may consist to fit your own taste, You will have more questions.

To chage fog setting, several files like environmentfog.lib, windy_city.game.xml that's only I know of. Those files need to be unpack also(that's easy part). Open , Change(HARD part) , Repack, Repack..

So if what you want is making mod, I can't help U more. You can search the thread, just typing "xml", "lib" and "unpack" "repack"..
    (I'm not good at Engilsh. So that's it. ;))

5. KW71

KW71 Guest

GPU:
    gtx 780 3gb
    Thanks, Gurumbada! I'll give it a try!

6. cmh175

cmh175 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 770 Classified
    You can also just drag the patch.fat file (like you're moving it to the gibbed tool folder) onto the unpack.exe, it'll say Open with Gibbed.Disrupt.unpack.exe and the tool will run. No cmd line needed.

7. Yizan

Yizan Guest

GPU:
    GTX 770
    Trying new flare :D
    [​IMG]
    Thanks to BossMafioso

8. flexinho

flexinho Guest

GPU:
    KFA2 RTX 3060 Ti 8G
    @Lunayah

I want to integrate your ultra particles when choosing high ingame, in TheWorse Mod 1.0. Which files do I have to copy? And I want your rain in TheWorse Mod 1.0 too. Could you tell me which files please?

9. cmh175

cmh175 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 770 Classified
    That's the defaultrenderconfig.xml. I suggest copy and pasting the lines for rain and particles though, don't just replace the whole file.

10. flexinho

flexinho Guest

GPU:
    KFA2 RTX 3060 Ti 8G
    @cmh175

Never did that before. How can I do that?

11. Lunayah

Lunayah Guest

GPU:
    GTX 670SLI

well several lines need to be replace in the windcity.xml, renderconfiguration must also be configure, and you also need to relplace some folders. do you have the patience. I would tell you to just replace the files but then you either break the mod or replace it with mine.

12. XAFAfterShock

XAFAfterShock Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 770 SC 4GB
    I would just replace it with yours anyway, no disrespect towards theworse but after .8 everything just got too damn bright and hazy, I'm using your HD warm with smaa and the game looks just fricken awesome, especially with my custom sweetfx.

13. cmh175

cmh175 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 770 Classified
    I felt the same. TheWorse v1.0 is great as a whole, has everything I'm looking for, but does have something I don't like. Apparently I'm not alone. I've already got a few pms about it, so I'm going to share my tailored version with less fog and bloom, and altered environment lighting at night. I don't think I want to open a new WD thread lol, so I may just post it on Steam forums with a link here on Guru.

14. Lunayah

Lunayah Guest

GPU:
    GTX 670SLI

exactly what features is it that you guys mean? what features are you guys looking for. Just wondering!:)

15. cmh175

cmh175 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 770 Classified
    The biggest complaints have actually been present since v0.97, but it's TheWorse's mod so it's fair he did it his way. I found the bloom and fog settings too high during clear days, and the lighting at night was nearly pitch black. I also didn't like the light pollution effect he went for with the sky at night. It's a good attempt to simulate it, but I prefer the regular dark sky. I've already fixed these things in my own copy and it looks great. I've gotten a few pms about it actually so I'll share it this afternoon after going over it one more time. It's also a lean file, when I compress it it's less than 200mb, so I'll be able to use mediafire for fast downloads.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2014

16. Lunayah

Lunayah Guest

GPU:
    GTX 670SLI

ok but what features do you mean when you say the features you want? what do you like and dont like about the mods. I just want to know and get a better Idea. People seem to want something new regardless if its better than what vanilla offers or not. haha:)

17. cmh175

cmh175 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 770 Classified
    Otherwise v1.0 is actually pretty good, there really isn't much else I'd like to add. I would like to fix the transition of going from inside (or underneath bridges and stuff) to outside, the brightness is a bit much there, but it's not game breaking. Other than the bloom, fog, and sky and lighting at night it works pretty well. It's missing features from your HQ mods, but I manage a much higher frame rate while driving.

~By the way, do you know where the outside brightness while inside setting is? I'm looking through the windy_city.game.xml but not seeing it.

18. Lunayah

Lunayah Guest

GPU:
    GTX 670SLI
    but what are the features different than vanilla that you like from 1.0 if the things you mentioned are broken? I would like to know so I can work on these features too :) I havent tried it yet I should give it a try

BTW the brightness is related to HDR. If you change settings in the renderconfiguration. in the engine settings you can deactivate HDR. but know this will have an effect on the game visuals

19. cmh175

cmh175 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 770 Classified
    Oh the highlights of the mod, ok sure. well quite a bit of it has become a common thing (civilian density, dynamic lighting, increased LOD and such). Some HD textures have enhanced or used to replace low-res textures. I think the weather system is the biggest change. The fog settings are impressive (well when altered for clear weather) the wind, fog, rain, and lightening looks really cool. I altered mine a bit so it starts to rain just a bit more before storms though. As a whole from there it's mainly how the mod enhanced the game's appearance and quality, but doesn't hinder performance either. The issue the game has with stuttering is mainly that with v-synch (set to 1) and full screen are set the game will lock at 30 fps when you load your save and play the game (main menu is still at 60fps). Apparently you always need to quickly switch to boardless and back to full screen to get 42-55+ fps. I have very minor performance issues doing this.

Oh ok cool thanks man. I like the effect so I wont switch it off, but if I can just make it a bit more mild when transitioning from interiors to outside (or when driving in the shade lol) that would be good. Once I get that fixed I really have no complaints (well...other than the npc issues I've mentioned lol. Jesus they're annoying. I found the lib files that seem to configure their responses to player actions, particularly crime or driving, but I'm not very good at hex editing).

Hmm I see the HDR settings, but it's literally just whether to turn them on or off. Which I think are settings every mod uses. TheWorse enhanced this transition effect so it's more pronounced though. I'll try to find where.

20. william456

william456 Guest

GPU:
    MSI Titan X