Leaked Pics of Nvidia Shield Tablet Hits the Web, Launches on 29th July (T-K1, $299)

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by CPC_RedDawn, Jul 18, 2014.

1. Spets

Spets Guest

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    I don't see Android taking over x86, at least anytime in the near future but it does have the potential to compete in the console market in another 5-10 years.
    Although it's a bit overkill it still makes for a nice tablet even for a non-gamer. I'm all for better looking games :p

2. suture

suture Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1070 GTX
    Ditto! i will buy this to read manga, but its always good to have some extra power :nerd:

3. Fender178

Fender178 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 | GTX 1060
    I agree because with x86 it has been around for years and the pro based tablets such as the Dell Venue you can install your own programs which is a huge plus. Also there decades worth of x86 based programs and games out there. I can see Android being able to compete in the console market as well.

I agree about the 2nd generation shield being good for other things besides gaming it has the potential for 4k stuff.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2014
  4. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
    Android runs on x86.. You guys are taking about Windows.

5. Fender178

Fender178 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 | GTX 1060
    Oops my bad. I forgot about that. I should have been more specific on what I was saying.

6. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    And that is where it ends.
    Android running on x86 is still android. You can't start x86 app coded for windows nor linux on it.

Productivity means ability to create. Be it graphical content (Gimp/psp/...), M$Office/OOo or running compiler which will allow your platform to make new things.

If you want to make game for android or any simple app, you still need x86 for that. For me it is not self sustainable platform.

And honestly if you look at Google's android development kits, they are so big and over complicated compared to small x86 IDE's for anything.
    Be it Eclipse customized for different compilers, Lazarus or C:B. Small, efficient, capable and allow you to make nearly anything.
    Developing apps for android is mostly like playing with lego.

7. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    Could this tablet be using the same chip seen in "PROJECT LOGAN"???

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vx0t-WJFXzo

Still the most impressive graphics demo I have seen in the past five years easily! That is only using 2-3W of power!!!

8. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
    Every post on here that talks about x86 makes it sound like Android is incapable of running x86. Which isn't the case and was all that I was pointing out.

Project Logan is Tegra K1, which comes in two variants, but yeah it's running the same chip in that video.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2014
  9. deltatux

deltatux Guest

GPU:
    GIGABYTE Radeon R9 280
    Damn, was hoping for Project Denver instead of the 4 Cortex A15 cores but might get it because NVIDIA finally supports AWS HSPA which I need since my carrier is AWS only. My first gen ASUS Nexus 7 is really starting to show its age, can't really open more than like 4 or 5 apps without it laggy like crazy.

Though there's rumour that Google's next tablet is going to be Project Denver Tegra so I really don't know... lol

deltatux

Last edited: Jul 22, 2014
  10. Spets

Spets Guest

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Ah sorry, meant to say ARM then talk about Android gaming :O