AMD Catalyst 14.7 RC1 (14.200.1004.0 July 9)

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by asder00, Jul 10, 2014.

Tags:
  1. The Mac

The Mac Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    umm...these are official AMD drivers...they are on the website..

2. sapo_joe

sapo_joe Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF RTX4090 OC
    Just flashed it, system reboot, reinstalled drivers...

Now, let's test the card.

Oddly, with the higher clocked bios, the card is running colder and with a lower fan speed.

I'm just afraid it gets too hot (since mine is single-fan cooler and the one I flashed upon is double-fan). I'll keep an eye on the temps.

I'll tell you anything new.

Edit: Just discovered why the card is running colder.

The fan speed kicks in earlier with this BIOS. Also does the clocks and the voltage. I've been watching youtube videos for a couple of hours with no hangs or BSODs so far. I'm really thinking I found a somewhat good solution for this thing! :nerd:

My VGA is the MSi R9 290 (stock AMD cooler). It's been flashed with the MSi R9 290 GAMING model (factory overclocked to 1Ghz and with the Twin Frzr cooler).

If someone else wants to try this, I hope it does the trick.

Edit 2:

Playing Skyrim (with lots of mods) for a few hours, system is stable. In spite of the higher clock, the card is much cooler thanks to the higher fan speeds (now it reaches about 57% when needed, compared to the 47% it did with stock bios). Also, the voltage is 13Mv higher by default which also can explain why I haven't had any problems.

I believe it can be a solution. Most people with factory overclocked cards aren't having any troubles with their cards, so I figured, why not?

Last edited: Jul 17, 2014
  3. BravoFxTrt

BravoFxTrt Member Guru

GPU:
    2X MSI R9 280X 6GB
    Download link not working

4. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    Get it from AMDs site

5. BravoFxTrt

BravoFxTrt Member Guru

GPU:
    2X MSI R9 280X 6GB
    Ok, thanks man.

Yes, im dling now:banana:

Last edited: Jul 17, 2014
  6. SirXe

SirXe Guest

GPU:
    R9 290
    Hey,
    strange problem with the 14.6/14.7, when i zoom in and out a picturefile (jpg/jpeg) (or many times) i get these white square. Always at the same position and only with the Windows 8 standard picture-viewer (dont know how it calls in other languages, but u can see it at he screen ). Sometimes there a blacksquares inside the white square, but always same position and size

hxxp://abload.de/img/oner7jqf.png
    (replace xx with tt :) )

7. ArgonV

ArgonV Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD XFX 7900 XTX
    I ran the Heaven 4.0 benchmark for hours last night in DX9 mode with sound to see if I could get the GPU to freeze and/or sound loop. The temps on my card reached 93C with the side panel open! (With the fan manually set to 75%) but I got no driver crashes, or BSODs. DX9 games were giving me some instability with the previous betas.

8. Martin.v.r

Martin.v.r Active Member

GPU:
    AMD 7970 1200/1500
    Last edited: Jul 18, 2014
  9. RzrTrek

RzrTrek Guest

GPU:
    -
    Where do I download this driver for Linux, or is 14.6 beta 1 the latest available driver?

10. Espionage724

Espionage724 Guest

I thought I heard somewhere that 14.7 was held back due to it not meeting quality standards, but not sure how true that is.

In any case, it would seem 14.6 is the latest beta driver, but AMD did release an updated July-edition of 14.6; not sure on the changes though.

11. Scyphe

Scyphe Guest

GPU:
    ASUS 2060
    Dang, a PC that it at LEAST 143,000 years old? That's so impressive I feel like a Homo Habilis. :nerd:

12. DiceAir

DiceAir Maha Guru

GPU:
    Galax 980 ti HOF
    So finally have my crossfire system up and running.

4790k (stock) h100i
    MSI z97 gaming 5
    r9 280x crossfire.
    2560x1440 @ 96Hz

So I'm testing out bf4 and on ultra no MSAA, HBAO and aa post on I get low gpu usage. About 60 per card. So what could it be? i suspect there is some sort of driver or game issue. I did reinstall drivers etc etc

13. kn00tcn

kn00tcn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    570m / MSI 660 Gaming OC
    ok but... what is the framerate & cpu usage?? does turning on MSAA result in more gpu usage at the same fps? in that case it's being cpu limited

also, mantle vs dx11?

14. hidetoshi

hidetoshi Guest

GPU:
    6970m
    Hi,

I am facing a problem when installing the drivers. This pertains to all drivers (i am using 6970m with intel hd 3000)

I have done everything as instructed:

1.) Uninstall AMD driver
    2.) Safe Mode and DDU for Intel and AMD drivers
    3.) Reboot and installed intel driver
    4.) Reboot and disable driver enforcement
    4.) Try and install amd driver

However, during the installation, there will be a white screen that doesn't go away and upon restart, the AMD driver will still not be installed. I have tried every single release but it is still having the same problem. Is it my hardware or is there something I can do to circumvent this issue? Please advise. Thank you very much for your assistance.

15. DiceAir

DiceAir Maha Guru

GPU:
    Galax 980 ti HOF
    DX11 is constant 95fps (i limit it to that) but on mantle I get less fps. Also mantle will use more and more memory until i drop to about 40FPS and use about 3.1GB of memory and I don't even have that much.

on my single r9 280x i could do high settings, 0xaa, 0x Post aa and ssao/hbao off. so I see that mantle is meant for single gpu not multi gpu.

I also get more gpu usage in DX11.

16. Ferdimage1

Ferdimage1 Member Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 2080
    GPU getting stuck

Can someone help, after playing for a few minutes GPU1 gets stuck on 50% and GPU2 90-100% but only on 500mhz.

ULPS is disabled using ULPS_Configuration_Utility_v1.1.4

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 20, 2014
  17. stigbeater

stigbeater Guest

try using msi afterburner to disable ulps it works for me.:banana:

18. DiceAir

DiceAir Maha Guru

GPU:
    Galax 980 ti HOF
    Check the gpu clocks. the one card is running half the speed. So using afterburner to disable ulps should work. that's how i sorted my issue

19. jeremy.n

jeremy.n Guest

GPU:
    msi 6990 twin frozer
    flickering!

i was running 14.3 from the amd sight then tried this driver and all i get is flickering in crossfire running games i play. LOL, WoW, Diablo3

20. Ferdimage1

Ferdimage1 Member Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 2080
    Thanks guys I will try afterburner