PR - H220-X CPU Liquid Cooling Kit Released and available For Purchase Inmediatly.

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by chispy, Jul 19, 2014.

1. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    Might wait for that as well seen as my corsair air 540 has 280mm spacings in the top. I was going for an NZXT X60 cooler but I might wait it out for the 280mm version of this.

Just a little worried that that pump will restrict airflow, and also prevent you from install it in push>pull config :/

2. weasel

weasel Guest

GPU:
    2080ti&1080Ti
    i have the Kraken x60 for a year now and it still rocks the standart fans are not that good i replaced them with more silent 140mm fans,but again the 280 version of this swiftech unit i really want :)

3. ESlik

ESlik Guest

GPU:
    EVGA x2 1080 Ti SC Black
    I posted this release info yesterday. I posted it with error as the H229X. Maybe Swiftech will release a 229X and make me look a bit smarter.

4. GR@Swiftech

GR@Swiftech New Member

GPU:
    changes a lot
    I sure hope so.. I really do!

5. GR@Swiftech

GR@Swiftech New Member

GPU:
    changes a lot
    no triple 120mm version of the h220-X.. the max size will be dual 140. look up the H320 for a triple 120mm.

6. GR@Swiftech

GR@Swiftech New Member

GPU:
    changes a lot
    the pump does not restrict airflow, but it does block one 120mm spot for installation of a 4th fan in push-pull (so you can only do 3 120mm total). but honestly, with the gains we had thanks to using the apogee XL, I'm not worried about that :)

7. Trolle

Trolle Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX3070
    but but but

i want a flashy waterblock and reservoir :p

thanks for your time :)

8. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    I see, thanks :)

My case CM HAF932 has enough room for 280mm rad, but only 2x 120mm holes on top, guess I'll be limited to 240mm edition.

Btw is there any news when H220-X comes to EU retailers?

EDIT: I have more question though, what is best fan config and how are they set by default, as pull outside or push inside the case? Thanks

Last edited: Jul 20, 2014
  9. Ven0m

Ven0m Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    I really like this design and that the pump is moved away from the block towards the radiator...

Now I want it for my rig. It's good that you also made it work vertically.

Also, how does it work around minimal fan speed? Just now I have some Megahalems with push-pull Scythe fans. Mobo reads them to spin at around 1300RPM max speed, which is acceptable for me in very rare cases, usually they run at 700RPM and get a bump only when needed (gaming, transcoding). I wonder what kind of upgrade would it be for me. If it's not designed to such noise levels that I want, I think I'd wait for my next rig, and then assemble a serious kit, probably with Swiftech block or maybe even other parts.

10. weasel

weasel Guest

GPU:
    2080ti&1080Ti
    Why not drill a few holes extra? i have an old chieftec bigtower,i had to cut out the top panel to fit the x60 rad in.
    [​IMG]

11. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    Excellent, thank you for taking the time out of your obviously busy schedule to answer our questions. Much appreciated.

I simply love the look of this cooler!

Any ETA on when the dual 140mm version will be ready for market?

Thanks again! :)

12. chispy

chispy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Well that was it from the Swiftech CEO himself live for you , but as he is a very busy working man form now on you can direct the questions to me , I will gladly be answering any questions you might have on this subject. Guys wasn't that cool :) to have a water-cooling company CEO here answering questions and taking some time for the community :thumbup:.

13. chispy

chispy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    @ TJ , not yet ,no ETA to EU retailers yet. Stay tuned for that date , hopefully soon. , TJ I will gladly answer your best fan configuration question once I finish my H220-X review.

@ Venom , I will gladly answer that question once I finish my review.

@CPC RedDawn the exact date we don't know yet but it will be very soon , once the dual 140mm I is ready to be in the market I will let you know.

14. ceesay

ceesay Master Guru

GPU:
    2-X Titan X (Pascal) -SLI
    thx for the info ...... :D

15. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    Great, thanks :)

Im mostly interest if push inside the case gets hotter since I have a custom gpu that exhausts some heat inside.

@weasel

hm yes I could drill extra 140mm holes, will see :nerd:

16. weasel

weasel Guest

GPU:
    2080ti&1080Ti
    @Tj i would seriously consider it :nerd: but no hurry :thumbup:

17. ltte

ltte Member

GPU:
    Palit GTX 1080 PE
    Hi,
    I'm very interested in the 280mm version. I noticed that your warranty period is only 3 years vs 5-6 years for some of your competitors, why is this?

Also, you advise changing the water in the loop after the 3 years is up, what is involved in this process, is it like servicing a fully custom loop? How do you maintain the cooling performance for 3 years when with a custom loop it is advised to change the water every year?

The performance looks significantly better than my NH-D14, hope these will come to the UK soon.

18. Hughesy

Hughesy Guest

GPU:
    MSI Twin Frozr 980
    Yes it was thanks :thumbup: I actually have a custom loop at the moment but due to a disability I don't have full control over my hands so can't do fiddly things and a custom loop is just that. If this does go on sale in the Uk then I think I'll switch:)

19. chispy

chispy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    @ ltte - I believe 3 years warranty is great , enough and more that what 98% of the competition offers when you factor in the very high quality components of the H220-X oppose to the competition wish most of them 98% offers only 1-2 years warranty and not 5-6 years warranty like you have stated , I verify this facts at newegg.com and only a couple of products aio from all of them aio offers 5 year warranty ( Fact - http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...08008+4017&IsNodeId=1&name=$100+-+$200&Page=1 ) , bare in mind most of the competition use aluminum radiators and not so high end components such as the pump and overall design. For your piece of mind this unit will last you well over 3 years , so no need to worry.

yes this is a close loop aio unit , no need to refill this unit if you never open the loop during the 3 year warranty since there is no evaporation of the liquid , but as everything is always a good idea to check the water level on the reservoir window , that's why is there for. If by any chance you open the loop to expand or add in another water-block or radiator you will need to fill up the system like a custom made water-loop , there is a filling port in the reservoir. It is advice to use Swiftech HydrX PM Coolant. As a reminder there is not one air cooler that can get close to this aio in performance and expandability , wait for the reviews and you will see. it won't be long before the full reviews are all over the net. I hope that clears up and answer your question. thank you for your interest on this unit and hopefully it will make it to the UK soon.

20. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    I have my current AIO set up in push>pull with it pushing air from inside the case to the outside.

My GPU also does dump a bit of heat inside the case. As long as you have good airflow and positive air pressure throughout the case this extra heat inside the case won't be a problem.

Best set up for an AIO is just a simple pull config. As it gives the same performance as push, and makes it much much easier clean the radiator. Also depending on the fin array a push>pull config only gives you an extra couple of degrees at best.