Leaked Pics of Nvidia Shield Tablet Hits the Web, Launches on 29th July (T-K1, $299)

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by CPC_RedDawn, Jul 18, 2014.

1. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    [​IMG]

Nvidia Shield Tablt and Wireless Controller

Earlier today I gave you info on Nvidia's Shield Tablet, but now the damn has burst for Nvidia and all the information we will ever need for this product is out in the form of leaked slides.

On July 22nd, or the end ot this timer if you prefer, Nvidia will announce its own device, called SHIELD Tablet. It will be accompanied by wireless controller designed specifically for the NVIDIA SHIELD family, meaning you will be able to control either any SHIELD device. This means that more shield branded products may be on the way.

Original Article: http://www.overclock3d.net/articles/gpu_displays/nvidia_shield_tablet_and_wireless_controller/1

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. holystarlight

holystarlight Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 4090
    I really love my Nvidia Shield when on the go steaming games over my 4G from home, but having two separate units does make me feel that its a little to bulky for portability. Specs wise looks awesome, but isn't really hand held console anymore.. I cant see how you would use it.

3. Xenotone

Xenotone Guest

GPU:
    780 Ti SLI H2O 1230mhz
    Yeah, seriously, how are you supposed to use it when you're out and about? A third hand?

4. IcE

IcE Don Snow

GPU:
    3070Ti FE
    The same way you use any other android controller with any tablet. You prop it up with your case or something else, lean back, and play. I gamed on my Nexus 7 2013 with a Moga Pro controller this way. Works a treat for PS1 emulation.

5. holystarlight

holystarlight Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 4090
    seem pretty limited where you would be able to use it if traveling or on the go. I much prefer the overall design of the original Shield, as a portable gaming device. just needed to be lighter and faster, with a 1080p screen, but this is just...
    I guess ill have to test it out to rule it out completely..

6. MAD-OGRE

MAD-OGRE Ancient Guru

GPU:
    SLI EVGA 780 Classifieds
    I love this, I can use the tablet when i go to the gym, I can use the controller for gaming at home or when on a trip. I have a vita, so I did not get a shield and I would never take either to the gym, but a tablet would replace my old ipod for when im on the elliptical for an hour.

7. Spets

Spets Guest

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Some more images from VC

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. IcE

IcE Don Snow

GPU:
    3070Ti FE
    The original Shield was only heavy because of its massive battery. It's still easily the portable emulation champion. It can emulate PS1/N64 easily and run games for *10*+ hours.

9. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    Hilbert, any plans to do a review on this?

10. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    Way I see it:
    Tablet 300$
    controller - 60$
    cover+stand - 20$

Very OK prices. Now since they gave it finally proper mobile connectivity, if only you could use this as cell phone with BT handsfree.
    It is future of video calls anyway, no one needs to hold 8" next to ear since you have hands free.

11. suture

suture Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1070 GTX
    "with 1920×1080 resolution"
    YES! YES! Thank You!

I was looking for a tablet decent priced tablet to read manga, and this one is just too damn perfect!
    Awesome performance with ideal screen resolution!
    Not the new QHD battery hog screens

The gaming in this tablet is just a plus to be honest. i think ill ditch the nexus (9?) with QHD and made by htc

12. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    My only concern is battery life. I don't want to spend $500 on something that i'm only going to 45 minutes out of.

13. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4070 Ti
    Shame it's only 8 Inch, i would have ditched my Tab 3 10.1 for it.

14. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    On 10" you cant thumb type, but on 8" you can.
    It is not bead at all, since browsing usage is not dictated by size of screen but by resolution+ppi set up in android.

I like my 10" but not much its performance in some new games since it is 2048x1536. My battery life is good it has 1S2P 10Ah battery. (6-9hours based on what I do on it)

15. suture

suture Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1070 GTX
    Well given that gpu power im also curious, but thank god they didnt go with a QHD screen or battery life would be non existant. :eek:c:

16. Loobyluggs

Loobyluggs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060 12GB
    Wait.

So, it's a tablet which only plays games...and has a separate controller?

What's the point? Just get a tablet if you want a tablet.

17. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    It is android tablet like any other. It has just more power and nVidia sells you with it gamepad and cover if you want ti.

18. Loobyluggs

Loobyluggs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060 12GB
    Meh.

I guess there is a market for it, but truthfully I honestly don't see the point of this when people upgrade their tablets every year anyway, and, HC gaming on a tablet? Surely tablets are for casual gaming? And therefore casual graphics?

Don't get me wrong, I think the tech is interesting but just see this a rubberneck product that has no real value for hardcore gamers, because hardcore gamers have already got a platform to do the hardcore gaming on; like a PC, MAC, Console.

The real money (billions) is in casual gaming for the massmarket of tablet users, not HC gamers on tablets.

So I come back to 'what's the point'?

19. Spets

Spets Guest

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Tech moves forward, the K1 does an impressive job at that. What's the point of stagnating?

20. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    Unfortunately nVidia HW tech for tablets goes at much faster speed forward than android system.
    That is why they have to sell it for games only. If ARM android want to take over x86 windows platform it has to have productivity applications at same level.

And it would be nice to say that android is losing in this battle. But it is not battle at all as one side evades conflict completely.