Lunayahs Watch Dogs Enhanced Mod

Discussion in 'Game Tweaks and Modifications' started by Lunayah, Jun 26, 2014.

?

What do you prefer. Quality or Performance?

Poll closed Jul 17, 2014.
  1. Quality

105 vote(s)
    69.1%
  2. Performance

54 vote(s)
    35.5%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. cemnahit

cemnahit Guest

GPU:
    GTX TITAN BLACK
    This is my setup mix with Lunayah, thanks again making this amazing mod Lunayah ;)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 17, 2014
  2. rab3072

rab3072 Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 ULTRA
    That's what I tried first, turned off motion blur in game and turned off depth of field for the out of focus stuff, but it reverted back to games original crappy graphics.. So I had to quit and reapply the mod.

Then I tried changing those values from "pc" to "0" in the .xml gamer profile (under custom graphic options) but that didn't do anything.

Last attempt was through the fx folder but didn't understand that stuff ha!

I'm pretty sure when I alter gfx in game though, everything defaults to original watch dogs gfx... Either that or depth of field off makes things look utter dog and I'll have to live with the foggy effect...

3. nuvasek

nuvasek Guest

GPU:
    GTX 770 2GB OC
    subtle vs warm?

4. cmh175

cmh175 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 770 Classified
    This doesn't make any sense. The game doesn't just stop using the patch files because you changed the graphic settings. Are you using someone else gameerprofile that's set to read only? That'll keep changing settings on you when you restart the game. Otherwise the mod never stops working. The other stuff you mention is apart of the mod, so it sounds more like you don't like the effects of the new release. If that's the case try another one, either v3.1 or another modders. There's plenty of options for WD at this point.

5. Lunayah

Lunayah Guest

GPU:
    GTX 670SLI
    Hey guys heres som pics for those who wonder how the new Warm looks

No sweetfx and brightness on 20

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. Lunayah

Lunayah Guest

GPU:
    GTX 670SLI
    And by the way guys those pics are awesome

7. gerardfraser

gerardfraser Guest

GPU:
    R9 290 Crossfire
    You want to turn them off you can always unpack the mod with the unpacking tools. Here

patch_unpack\engine\settings\defaultrenderconfig

In defaultrenderconfig edit these values(use replace all within any editor(EG:notepad))

DepthOfField="1" change all to "0"
    VelocityMotionBlur="1" change all to "0"

UseDepthOfField="1" change all to "0"
    UseVelocityMotionBlur="1" change all to "0"

UseMotionBlur="1" change all to "0"

Then save defaultrenderconfig repack with tools provided.

8. nuvasek

nuvasek Guest

GPU:
    GTX 770 2GB OC
  9. Lunayah

Lunayah Guest

GPU:
    GTX 670SLI
    Guys I have checked it works just fine to turn off motion blur and DOF in game

10. Cru_N_cher

Cru_N_cher Guest

GPU:
    MSI NX8800GT OC
    Wow very nice Solid results i was remembered of Infamous Second Son what was the Setup ?

It's sad but the JPG Compression destroys so much of your Wonderfull output results

Is this a TXAA result ? the blur level is high but it doesn't destroys but adds this cinematic CG Rendered feel

Please post some uncompressed shoots so we can get a idea about the sharpness level

Your overall results feel the most E3 Like

11. Cmaki2008

Cmaki2008 Active Member

GPU:
    780ti evga sc
    weird question

"Attention before you play
    Tip: Try the HQ =)

Please read the description, changelog, known issues, and features.

Hey guys Ive updated my version and added some great performance tweaks.
    Heres Lunayah enhanced reality mod. I modified a few texture polls in the engine settings in order to get nicer textures.
    I also modified a few LODs, shadows, decals, colors, particles, rain, light, reflections. etc.
    This modification is not meant to be use with any texture mod. The textures in this modification are somewhere between high and ultra and meant to have no ailiasing.
    This mod has a minimal performance impact. at least better than ultra textures. Use along with my updated SweetFX and gamerprofile.xml for best visual results. This alteration aims to a smoother and more realistic environment I hope you guys enjoy. "

Ok so just put the setting to no aa? or is it fine to use other aa settings? If I put no aa does that mean its still ultra quality textures or whatever?
    Also, under graphics quality i have
    overal quality - ultra
    level of detail ultra
    shadows ultra
    reflections ultra
    ambient occlusion habo+high
    motion blur on
    depth of field on
    water ultra
    shader high

display
    1920x1080
    refresh rate 60
    aspect ratio auto
    window mode full screen
    vsync off
    gpu max buffered frames 1
    textures high
    aa - temporal aa
    widescreen letterbox off

12. Malevolenced

Malevolenced Guest

GPU:
    780ti 3GB
    Hi Lunayah, the HQ Normal Final doesn't include your xml file, will the mod still work ?

13. cemnahit

cemnahit Guest

GPU:
    GTX TITAN BLACK
    1080p everything ultra 4xTXAA, environment lighting, bloom, dynamic lights, BOSS camera normal DOF etc are modified, everything else in vanilla. Best result for me actually, other improvements caused me bugs.

14. Cru_N_cher

Cru_N_cher Guest

GPU:
    MSI NX8800GT OC
    Could you please release uncompressed Screenshots with TXAA4 and both TempSMAA and Lunyahas Temp SMAA 2x

And especialy the Render Speed difference :)

And please release this Setup achievement :)

15. Cmaki2008

Cmaki2008 Active Member

GPU:
    780ti evga sc
    so what are your settings and how did you achieve this? can you upload it?
    warm hq with everything up and 4xtaa I get 43/50 standing still and from 40-30 driving

16. Cmaki2008

Cmaki2008 Active Member

GPU:
    780ti evga sc
    that would be really awesome to see, agreed!!! :bang:

17. cemnahit

cemnahit Guest

GPU:
    GTX TITAN BLACK
    I am not at home right now, if Lunayah accepts me to release my files here then i will tomorrow. It's a simple mod really nothing fancy because i believe this game needed little tweaks for perfection. As we dont know how the game engine behaves with modifications i only tried to activate E3 lighting in the game and that gave me perfect results. I also shared these files with Lunayah but Lunayah has his own tastes ofcourse.

I can also say that dynamic headlight shadows were not there at E3 2012 demo also but TheWorse activated them and i tweaked them to reduce flickering and shadow casting problems. But flickering sometimes occurs very rarely in the game. Thats why Ubisoft never put headlight shadows in the game etc. So i believe modifying every game file means more bugs for me.

If lunayah gives permission i will share it here and you guys can try yourselves and decide if its good for you.

18. Lunayah

Lunayah Guest

GPU:
    GTX 670SLI
    Hell mofo yeah you may upload the files here. they look splendid. Great pictures man. you are the master I tell you :banana::banana::)

19. arias51

arias51 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 780 GTX Superclocked
    I added the files to my website as well. For people that have issues with the other download sites.

http://firingsquad.us/Gamers/index.php/extensions/category/3-watchdogs

Ok, so here's my findings with the new HQ Mod. I tested by driving a fast car in the city at night as this is what usually will cause the most stutter for me.

- Running Graphics settings on 'ultra' Textures 'High' and AA MSAA x4:

This set-up had the most issues. Stuttering was very noticeable and driving difficult. Outside of the city it worked great and looked amazing but i'd have to say it was un-playable.

- Running Graphics settings on 'custom' profile all settings to ultra except shadows set to 'High' Textures 'High' no motion blur and AA MSAA x4 (tried SMAA Temporal as well but didn't notice a big difference in performance):

This runs best for me. Only minor dips in FPS but no real stutter. Looks great but shadow quality isn't superb, although the difference isn't very apparent from ultra to High.

-------------

The mod looks very good! Rain is brilliant and comes in many flavors. I noticed sideways rain, Sheets of Rain and a few other types. While driving the rain would come down heavy, then lighten up, then come down heavy again. It looks very cool and much more realistic.

LOD is crazy. I sat on the top of a bridge in my car on a very straight street and could see the taillights of every car wayyyyyy off in the distance.

Atmosphere is very warm looking (using warm version). I like the look as it makes the colors appear to be much more vibrant. A red car, looks the color of a cherry, lights are more orange-ish, sky looks amazing and everything just seems to POP out at you.

Textures even at high are superb looking. The cracks in the pavement and paint on the streets are very apparent.

I think this version is very well done. Thanks Eddie!

Last edited: Jul 18, 2014
  20. Cru_N_cher

Cru_N_cher Guest

GPU:
    MSI NX8800GT OC
    It doesn't have to be something fancy but it is a possible look and this look you achieve is a Solid Shading look comparable to as i said the Render Result of Infamous Second Son i still see some issues and some missing effects in your results though that i saw with other Mods achievements but putting more and more together of everyone will yield great results and different looks either be it CG like or Crystal like :)

Though a problem in your posted results is for me to calculate the visual impact of the JPG compression in terms of quantization artifacts on the result.
    Also it's not looking perfect because of the Aliasing visible especially on the Specular Layer but it looks overall very Solid even for a compressed result :)

Also the Thin Geometry AA result of the boat scene Frame look not bad though also JPG compression hits that heavily :(

Last edited: Jul 18, 2014