Lunayahs Watch Dogs Enhanced Mod

Discussion in 'Game Tweaks and Modifications' started by Lunayah, Jun 26, 2014.

?

What do you prefer. Quality or Performance?

Poll closed Jul 17, 2014.
  1. Quality

105 vote(s)
    69.1%
  2. Performance

54 vote(s)
    35.5%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. jimdove

jimdove Guest

GPU:
    Windforce 1080ti
    Thanks again Luna, you have fixed a broken game for many.

:D

2. Lunayah

Lunayah Guest

GPU:
    GTX 670SLI
    Im just glad that you guys feel this way. Missioned accoplished.:banana:
    and by the way I use Lunayah cause it my baby girls name:) and I also call her Luna.haha My actual name is Eddie
    :)

3. James Ohio

James Ohio Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 770M 3GBVRAM
    @Lunayah Great job Bro, thanks for the time and effort put in to make this Downloading the HQ warm right now. I'm more than happy to play this game after seeing the screens than when I had it.

4. BigNog

BigNog Guest

GPU:
    ASUS R9 290X DirectCU II
    I also think it's worth to use Ultra textures. The question regarding SMAA is that I really didn't see much of a difference in terms of frame rate. But, I guess I'll try again that SMAA tip.

One thing that bothers me is the impact of V-sync in this game. It's just ridiculous the performance hit when using it. And if you decide not to use it the screen tearing is awful, especially indoors.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2014

5. Lunayah

Lunayah Guest

GPU:
    GTX 670SLI
    some say that if you put it on borderless and then back to fulscreen it works better but I dont know thow. I force adaptiv Vsync through nvidias control panel

anyway the did a bad job with the vsync in this game

6. BigNog

BigNog Guest

GPU:
    ASUS R9 290X DirectCU II
    A terrible job, really! I always end up forcing V-sync through AMD CCC.

7. Zorbak

Zorbak Guest

GPU:
    gtx 670 4 GB SLI
    Lunayah, I've been running your new WD HQ Subtle version since last night, and it's totally awesome! The textures are a little more aliased than before, but I am now able to run the game at 2560x1440 with 2xTXAA, which minimizes the aliasing a lot. I can now run the game with EVERYTHING at ultra including textures, and it runs very smoothly over 30 fps at all times. I got into this big car chase at night, and it was amazing seeing all the excellent lighting and shadowing running at a nice framerate. The game looks and runs amazingly well now. Thanks man

8. BigNog

BigNog Guest

GPU:
    ASUS R9 290X DirectCU II
    Ok, so I really like this combo: Ultra textures, Ultra graphics, SMAA (45s-60s fps, never below 40).

@Lunayah You're right! Ultra textures does make a difference.

I'm also using a SweetFX preset (SweetFX_Settings_Watch_Dogs_Watch_Dogs Photorealistic Preset) which makes the game even more realistic.

Do you guys think is it worth using higher forms of AA for this game? I personally think SMAA and Temporal SMAA is just fine. I mean imho it's not worth the big performance hit.

9. Lunayah

Lunayah Guest

GPU:
    GTX 670SLI
    awesome to hear man. and yes some textures have just a little ailising when running them on high. specially with SLI. but it is excellent to hear you are enjoying:)

I personally prefer my SMAA meaning the regular temporal SMAA because less jaggis and not too blurred. after that I also like MSAA 4x but the performance hit is not worth it.

10. william456

william456 Guest

GPU:
    MSI Titan X
    Test on high texture and ultra graphic,fps is 40-60,but still feel little stutter by driver fast,may be my ram is 8g. can't handle it.

no much diff on performance on me,but the graphic is pretty

so take some part of your's to other mod:)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. Malevolenced

Malevolenced Guest

GPU:
    780ti 3GB
    Downloading :D thanks Lunayah. @William, those are great screenshots !

12. wunkley

wunkley Guest

GPU:
    780Ti SLI
    Ok, I don't quite get this mod now. Just tried WD HQ subtle from the first page (it's just over 1GB in size) and I understand this version uses some of Sunsets textures?

So, in game I have tried setting the textures to Ultra which looked good (as good as vanilla ultra I think), but had a bit of stutter. I then restarted the game and set the textures to High, and to me they looked exactly the same! For example I can clearly see the road, leaves on roads and cracks on roads look like full ultra textures.

Can someone explain what's going on? Is this mod, using Sunsets textures now like Maldo's textures where you set the textures to 'high' but it's actually 'ultra'?

Confused :)

13. rab3072

rab3072 Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 ULTRA
    i like this mod, but cant stand motion blur in games and i really dislike the out of focus effect going on....i feel like i can only see 2 feet infront of me at times...

how do you turn these 2 settings off?

cheers

14. Lunayah

Lunayah Guest

GPU:
    GTX 670SLI
    Mod specific changes:

Use this settings:

SMAA = Vanilla Temporal SMAA
    TemporalSMAA = 2xTemporalSMAA
    FXAA = SMAA
    NO AA = FXAA
    HMBAO = High Quality downsampled SSAO

This version will be totally tweakable meaning. You may choose Medium , High ,
    Ultra and Custom or even mix a match between those settings. These settings have
    been tweaked and optimised. They are much better than vanilla settings and you get
    all the eye candy. This mod include modified high and ultra textures. meaning you
    will see some ultra textures when playing on high and you WILL BE ABLE to play on
    Ultra with minimal stuttering nevertheless I would recommend you to put the graphics
    settings on high when playing with ultra textures due to an FPS hit. you might be
    surprise how wellit looks . My high graphics settings are superior than vanilla and
    much more optimised for quality. Same goes to my medium setting. The ultra settings
    are much superior to vanillas Ultra settings.

the games has only be made to look better and not worse just trust me I have tested
    Ultra textures will look better.
    Some of my high textures are improve so they may look the same
    just compare around.
    If you do not like the texture enhancements you may unpack and delete
    the game should run without stutter when using ultra textures and high settings
    my high settings have been modified so not visually different from ultra =)

You guys really should start reading :)

15. Lunayah

Lunayah Guest

GPU:
    GTX 670SLI

I believe you may turn if off in game good sir..... :)

16. Gurumbada

Gurumbada Member

GPU:
    gtx 680 / 2G
    Is anyone who can provide another link of HQ -warm EH MOD, plz? In my country, onedrive link is not working, and when I use proxy, it's too slow and soon disconnected. Mega or other link except onedrive.. I really wanna download and play it. T_T

17. wunkley

wunkley Guest

GPU:
    780Ti SLI
    Ahhhhhhh. Makes sense now! Sorry dude. Good work:)

18. Lunayah

Lunayah Guest

GPU:
    GTX 670SLI
    Sorry I cant seem to be able to upload to meaga. Any other suggestions?

awesome =)

19. Gurumbada

Gurumbada Member

GPU:
    gtx 680 / 2G
    Hm.. I know few Uploading site.. Medifire , maybe.. I usually use baidu cloud. I don't know Chinese but, It's free and fast(using proxy)...though.

But.. I already downloaded HQ suttle version yesterday! SO If you don't mind, would you upload the different files from subtle (I think "generated\databases\generic" files , and what I need is "WARM" files). Small size file, that I can download using proxy, would be good to me.. Subtle seems good but.. last Warm version was better to me.. +_+;; Thanks for replying~

20. Lunayah

Lunayah Guest

GPU:
    GTX 670SLI
    No problem I ll see what I can do