How to Mod Watch Dogs entirely - Full Tutorial

Discussion in 'Game Tweaks and Modifications' started by AlphaZ, Jun 16, 2014.

1. Torres

Torres Guest

GPU:
    HD6850
    OMG thats awesome!!!
    Is there any file of Baretta M92f shown in E3 gameplay? If you can help me to find it I will appreciate so much.

2. Torres

Torres Guest

GPU:
    HD6850
    Omg

OMG thats awesome!!!
    Is there any file of Baretta M92f shown in E3 gameplay? If you can help me to find it I will appreciate so much.

3. hqqttjiang

hqqttjiang Guest

GPU:
    GTX660

Great work!!!! and could you tell me how to find these model IDs? I Want more, thank you very much!!

4. Haxe

Haxe Guest

GPU:
    ofcourse. just put those files you edited together and convert it.

I can't find any M9 in the files. maybe its one of those other pistol that looks like it and it is already in game?

Search the files for any
    Code:
    <field hash="B8F64BF2" type="BinHex">[COLOR=Lime][U][B]VALUE[/B][/U][/COLOR]</field>
    and copy the value.

Now it would be helpful to post ur findings. Images along with the values would be good.
    There are about 3,607 files with that and within those files there might me more than one of the npc value you can use to experiment.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2014

5. Torres

Torres Guest

GPU:
    HD6850
    Hmm...I haven't got the time into modding yet,maybe I will find it when i got the time. Anyway, great work! Hope to see more great mods from you!

6. gray2345

gray2345 Guest

GPU:
    780ti
    Does anyone know where i could go to increase quality of the water? A guy mentioned earlier in the thread that he was able to change it to 2048 and i cant find the files for that anywhere

7. Kindawonder

Kindawonder Guest

GPU:
    2gb
    So I unpack the Patch.dat file
    But they both called items.lib
    how can I patch it together
    EDIT:I got it
    I edited it all over again
    but I can't find that auto-6 gun file

Last edited: Jul 10, 2014
  8. Marduk

Marduk Guest

GPU:
    gtx 780m
    need some help....
    i actually used these tools to edit textures/gfx files

http://dev.cra0kalo.com/

found there

steps:
    1. unpack youre chosen files with disrupt
    2. convert the xbt files with xbt2dds (copy the folders or files into the xbts2dds folder, start convert_all.bat) / if you want to view just drop the xbt files onto xbtview.exe and view with it ;-)
    3. edit
    Now the problem

4. how do i reconvert to xbt to dds ????

9. Supersourav99

Supersourav99 Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 270X 4G GDDR5
    Pm'ed you the tools and now Pm'ing the guide :)

10. Nicistarful

Nicistarful Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 660 3GB EVGA
    I haven't got a answer on my "Video-Tutorial" question yet. Will you make one or not?

11. Marduk

Marduk Guest

GPU:
    gtx 780m
    Thanks, See it.
    Will try it soon ;)

12. hqqttjiang

hqqttjiang Guest

GPU:
    GTX660
    so unpack whitch *.dat file? or just in the item.lib??

13. Haxe

Haxe Guest

GPU:
  14. Kindawonder

Kindawonder Guest

GPU:
    2gb
    Last edited: Jul 11, 2014
  15. Graphicscore

Graphicscore Guest

GPU:
    Zotac 760 2 GB

Easy, you actualy don't even have to use that converter for converting an xbt file to an editable Image (.dds) You have to do the following :

1. Start a Text editor I use notepad++
    2. Open the .xbt for my example common\gaphics\_textures\grid\pattern04.xbt

The content of the file is the following :

Code:
    TBX {   ,           ÿÿý/!'   ”~©Q    DDS |    @   @                                                  NVTT         DXT1                                       Óœï{ëÝ®Ï{Z7°ßóœÏ{U‚‚õóœÏ{ý«ÿ¥®sŸº)úóœ0„®PàÜ4¥Žs‰¿9»óœï{ßüòróœ0„ã¶~Óœ„÷žð¥0„uzMU*ï{õðë¯U*®s¶×Ûð²”Ï{jêêÓœï{ÿ-±é’”„~º*¥„}é¡íÓœ®s®Róœï{øú}óœÏ{‹©±©²”-k@ÀÂÀU*ï{^ÿ>}²”Ï{‰	IJ”ï{¨ ²ÓœŽsª¨¨ýqŒÏ{¶&öqŒÏ{h¢àn²”„¢)¢¢’”ï{ZØQŒ®sÀ@€ˆÓœ®sª*‚Õ’”Ï{:’”„û©™Ã’”0„6—ÓœqŒJ«ËUóœQŒã»£ý²”Ï{˜²¸Þ’”0„šˆºä4¥„-É*¯u*QŒkmO]²”ï{©¡¿!¥ï{Æ…ç4¥QŒÊïkk¥®sý
    ÿ4¥Žs·´ö¯qŒ„@jxÓœ„
    «U½²”Ï{€ ûóœÏ{*¢*…Óœ„–—ÓœqŒ*uU4¥Ï{åí׃U*Žs¿ÒÿŸóœ0„"½æpóœÏ{		Š*¥Ï{_ÿ_è²”„âÞ9*¥„W¯õÏóœ„uúÂ_óœ0„ƒÕÿUÓœÏ{
    ¨7óœ®sêú{ ¥„éýñ×Óœï{ÐÞz/²”Ï{+!å4¥ï{Ú^·7’”ï{ë¿jð¥®s¡££*óœÏ{Wzêóœ„ÈÜ\
    ’”ï{‰¯²”ï{àïò¨4¥„*þÿ©óœÏ{†ª·Óœï{îò‚Óœ0„uöz²”mk'ÓœQŒ#K¼çÓœï{×u»¢Ï{¿×²”ï{öö)êóœï{7W·*óœ®sú} 
    ’”Žs£¨²”ï{ªNÒº’”0„ß‚â¥ï{Ö×éã’”ï{ÓÊÚøU*ï{«½xk²”®s<%ª²”„ŠBJˆóœ„Åñÿÿóœï{¢[Û¥„î'_}²”Žs*ö
    «’”®s:€ªÓœ„}õ	ÿ²”ï{^z Óœï{ uÕ Óœï{îý…ÆU*ï{ÿ_ÝÒóœ„úª*ÓœŽs¦

qŒÏ{9uÐøÓœ0„)®iÖ4¥„’×uŸ²”ï{€zª«u*®s«ÿ¥u*Ï{Z]öôÓœï{ÿ¸‰²”„ý¹
    ²”„›~b`’”Ï{Ãïô²”Ï{°¾>ÞÓœï{ºªµ²”Ï{ö
    *ë4¥,c¿hë2óœ®s
    ؼÀ¥ï{‰õ9¥®sÞòïòÓœ0„™úu*²”„gW²”ï{¾JþèU*Ï{õ`ï¯u*Ï{÷µýò²”0„6îÂ^óœ®sW*¿ÿ²”Ï{Õ*ºº²”Ï{¯‹¿ÿu*ï{õ7¿U’”ï{è`è}óœ¯{‹)û©óœ®sèJJJ4¥Ï{¸õú¾’”Ï{/	+²”„hB*ºóœŽs®ý¨ø¥Ï{¿……¥óœQŒu2
    *²”0„ñ¥ïû󜄶7·óœ0„íÊ&®Óœ®sª*¨×’”®s:;²”„¯©ù³²”„ªZû—Óœ0„€ÿï¿óœ„£¡û’”®s¸²”„¨ê¶À4¥®s¿‹‰T¥„kuÂÿóœï{®ý»¥Ï{®Ž…‡²”Ï{xàèàu*ï{u…¥]¥Žs·¤´¯qŒ0„\Óœ0„*íÝóœ0„¾¾Ý¥QŒÃëi£4¥Ï{—÷àóœQŒ€íÛa¥Žs'Ï÷U*mkÿ²ÿžóœ„ÿþ*xu*ï{ÿïõ’”®sÞøš€Óœï{³~*¥„wçÛÏÓœï{€ïã{Óœ0„×ÿUóœÏ{.,.'Óœï{x|~zóœ„ý¡™óœï{xÞ{>óœQŒ##á¡U*ï{úÚÚŽ²”ï{€¥zðU*ï{ᣩ½óœŽsÞj¢óœÏ{Àœø4¥„åýÕ¼óœ0„@]uðóœ„9ªþ4¥ï{Ç;·óœ„~]j óœQŒUýúh¥®s§*ïÕ²”Ï{¨à{Ê4¥„ÕUùó¥ï{=Õóœ„ÀÈ*îóœŽs p.¨óœÏ{ú} Óœï{á!þ®²”„@NÚ¿Óœ0„ŸýÂë4¥„õÕéɲ”ï{ªÂÛøu*ï{+½xjU*Žs¾ž…󜄂Jˆ‚4¥ï{M¿ûïu*„SZ__’”0„N[hóœ®sâÕóœ®s¾—âॎs÷¯º4¥Ï{×ßrR²”ï{ªŠUU¥ï{ùý…ÍU*®sûŸ’¥0„•º .¥Ï{–‡ÓœŽs¹ÿø›óœ0„/ŽùVU*0„*õUß4¥„Cj÷ÿ¶µ®sªÿ¥¶µmkúÿ¶ôÓœ0„§ëp²”ï{)«§Óœ0„Þv`uÓœ®s‚¹‹¬4¥®sò·¾>¥0„]
    e Óœ„×&ÎÖ4¥ï{˜=Zu*Ï{*zêþ–µï{Íõ=ý¥ï{VúârÓœ0„=€7jÓœï{æ8èu*QŒU[WMu*¯{õð˯¶µÏ{÷ÕÙrÓœï{.~Êÿ4¥®sU#ë©¥ŽsÕàªê’”ï{§ƒ©4¥Ï{·&&_óœ„c_[}ÓœÏ{	ñ!u*cjêêê–µï{^ÿ>²”®s/„	Óœ0„øŸÐJ¥®sºèèýÏ{²”¢*b¢²”Ï{ZëÀê²”„¢	€«’”Ï{Ø|²”„^JJW4¥ï{û²ëÕ²”®s>:

You'll see that it starts with TBX and somewhere is something with DDS |

To actually "convert" the Imagefile just cut everything out that is left from the DDS |

Before :
    Code:
    [B][COLOR="Red"]TBX {   ,           ÿÿý/!'   ”~©Q    [/COLOR][/B][B][COLOR="Green"]DDS |    @   @                                                  NVTT         DXT1                                       Óœï{ëÝ®Ï{Z7°ßóœÏ{U‚‚õóœÏ{ý«ÿ¥®sŸº)úóœ0„®PàÜ4¥Žs‰¿9»óœï{ßüòróœ0„ã¶~Óœ„÷žð¥0„uzMU*ï{õðë¯U*®s¶×Ûð²”Ï{jêêÓœï{ÿ-±é’”„~º*¥„}é¡íÓœ®s®Róœï{øú}óœÏ{‹©±©²”-k@ÀÂÀU*ï{^ÿ>}²”Ï{‰	IJ”ï{¨ ²ÓœŽsª¨¨ýqŒÏ{¶&öqŒÏ{h¢àn²”„¢)¢¢’”ï{ZØQŒ®sÀ@€ˆÓœ®sª*‚Õ’”Ï{:’”„û©™Ã’”0„6—ÓœqŒJ«ËUóœQŒã»£ý²”Ï{˜²¸Þ’”0„šˆºä4¥„-É*¯u*QŒkmO]²”ï{©¡¿!¥ï{Æ…ç4¥QŒÊïkk¥®sý
    ÿ4¥Žs·´ö¯qŒ„@jxÓœ„
    «U½²”Ï{€ ûóœÏ{*¢*…Óœ„–—ÓœqŒ*uU4¥Ï{åí׃U*Žs¿ÒÿŸóœ0„"½æpóœÏ{		Š*¥Ï{_ÿ_è²”„âÞ9*¥„W¯õÏóœ„uúÂ_óœ0„ƒÕÿUÓœÏ{
    ’”ï{‰¯²”ï{àïò¨4¥„*þÿ©óœÏ{†ª·Óœï{îò‚Óœ0„uöz²”mk'ÓœQŒ#K¼çÓœï{×u»¢Ï{¿×²”ï{öö)êóœï{7W·*óœ®sú} 
    ’”Žs£¨²”ï{ªNÒº’”0„ß‚â¥ï{Ö×éã’”ï{ÓÊÚøU*ï{«½xk²”®s<%ª²”„ŠBJˆóœ„Åñÿÿóœï{¢[Û¥„î'_}²”Žs*ö

*ë4¥,c¿hë2óœ®s
    ؼÀ¥ï{‰õ9¥®sÞòïòÓœ0„™úu*²”„gW²”ï{¾JþèU*Ï{õ`ï¯u*Ï{÷µýò²”0„6îÂ^óœ®sW*¿ÿ²”Ï{Õ*ºº²”Ï{¯‹¿ÿu*ï{õ7¿U’”ï{è`è}óœ¯{‹)û©óœ®sèJJJ4¥Ï{¸õú¾’”Ï{/	+²”„hB*ºóœŽs®ý¨ø¥Ï{¿……¥óœQŒu2
    *²”0„ñ¥ïû󜄶7·óœ0„íÊ&®Óœ®sª*¨×’”®s:;²”„¯©ù³²”„ªZû—Óœ0„€ÿï¿óœ„£¡û’”®s¸²”„¨ê¶À4¥®s¿‹‰T¥„kuÂÿóœï{®ý»¥Ï{®Ž…‡²”Ï{xàèàu*ï{u…¥]¥Žs·¤´¯qŒ0„\Óœ0„*íÝóœ0„¾¾Ý¥QŒÃëi£4¥Ï{—÷àóœQŒ€íÛa¥Žs'Ï÷U*mkÿ²ÿžóœ„ÿþ*xu*ï{ÿïõ’”®sÞøš€Óœï{³~*¥„wçÛÏÓœï{€ïã{Óœ0„×ÿUóœÏ{.,.'Óœï{x|~zóœ„ý¡™óœï{xÞ{>óœQŒ##á¡U*ï{úÚÚŽ²”ï{€¥zðU*ï{ᣩ½óœŽsÞj¢óœÏ{Àœø4¥„åýÕ¼óœ0„@]uðóœ„9ªþ4¥ï{Ç;·óœ„~]j óœQŒUýúh¥®s§*ïÕ²”Ï{¨à{Ê4¥„ÕUùó¥ï{=Õóœ„ÀÈ*îóœŽs p.¨óœÏ{ú} Óœï{á!þ®²”„@NÚ¿Óœ0„ŸýÂë4¥„õÕéɲ”ï{ªÂÛøu*ï{+½xjU*Žs¾ž…󜄂Jˆ‚4¥ï{M¿ûïu*„SZ__’”0„N[hóœ®sâÕóœ®s¾—âॎs÷¯º4¥Ï{×ßrR²”ï{ªŠUU¥ï{ùý…ÍU*®sûŸ’¥0„•º .¥Ï{–‡ÓœŽs¹ÿø›óœ0„/ŽùVU*0„*õUß4¥„Cj÷ÿ¶µ®sªÿ¥¶µmkúÿ¶ôÓœ0„§ëp²”ï{)«§Óœ0„Þv`uÓœ®s‚¹‹¬4¥®sò·¾>¥0„]
    e Óœ„×&ÎÖ4¥ï{˜=Zu*Ï{*zêþ–µï{Íõ=ý¥ï{VúârÓœ0„=€7jÓœï{æ8èu*QŒU[WMu*¯{õð˯¶µÏ{÷ÕÙrÓœï{.~Êÿ4¥®sU#ë©¥ŽsÕàªê’”ï{§ƒ©4¥Ï{·&&_óœ„c_[}ÓœÏ{	ñ!u*cjêêê–µï{^ÿ>²”®s/„	Óœ0„øŸÐJ¥®sºèèýÏ{²”¢*b¢²”Ï{ZëÀê²”„¢	€«’”Ï{Ø|²”„^JJW4¥ï{û²ëÕ²”®s>:[/COLOR][/B]

After :
    Code:
    [COLOR="Green"][B]DDS |    @   @                                                  NVTT         DXT1                                       Óœï{ëÝ®Ï{Z7°ßóœÏ{U‚‚õóœÏ{ý«ÿ¥®sŸº)úóœ0„®PàÜ4¥Žs‰¿9»óœï{ßüòróœ0„ã¶~Óœ„÷žð¥0„uzMU*ï{õðë¯U*®s¶×Ûð²”Ï{jêêÓœï{ÿ-±é’”„~º*¥„}é¡íÓœ®s®Róœï{øú}óœÏ{‹©±©²”-k@ÀÂÀU*ï{^ÿ>}²”Ï{‰	IJ”ï{¨ ²ÓœŽsª¨¨ýqŒÏ{¶&öqŒÏ{h¢àn²”„¢)¢¢’”ï{ZØQŒ®sÀ@€ˆÓœ®sª*‚Õ’”Ï{:’”„û©™Ã’”0„6—ÓœqŒJ«ËUóœQŒã»£ý²”Ï{˜²¸Þ’”0„šˆºä4¥„-É*¯u*QŒkmO]²”ï{©¡¿!¥ï{Æ…ç4¥QŒÊïkk¥®sý
    ÿ4¥Žs·´ö¯qŒ„@jxÓœ„

*ë4¥,c¿hë2óœ®s
    e Óœ„×&ÎÖ4¥ï{˜=Zu*Ï{*zêþ–µï{Íõ=ý¥ï{VúârÓœ0„=€7jÓœï{æ8èu*QŒU[WMu*¯{õð˯¶µÏ{÷ÕÙrÓœï{.~Êÿ4¥®sU#ë©¥ŽsÕàªê’”ï{§ƒ©4¥Ï{·&&_óœ„c_[}ÓœÏ{	ñ!u*cjêêê–µï{^ÿ>²”®s/„	Óœ0„øŸÐJ¥®sºèèýÏ{²”¢*b¢²”Ï{ZëÀê²”„¢	€«’”Ï{Ø|²”„^JJW4¥ï{û²ëÕ²”®s>:[[/B][/COLOR]

After that the file content shoud start with DDS | instead of TBX now just save the file with .dds extension and you are ready to go , to reconvert the file basicly paste the cut out content infront of the DDS | so that it starts with TBX again

16. cmh175

cmh175 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 770 Classified
    I use the Farcry 3 tool. Just google Farcry 3 XBT dds, works great and quickly, just have to hit one button. I need some help though. I cant get the windy_city.dat file to fully unzip. The unpack tool keeps crashing at about 1.15gb and there's an error on the command prompt about a file being too many characters or something. I'm not really sure what the issue is as I can open and pack just about every other file. Any ideas what's wrong? Otherwise, I mainly just need the character texture files. I'd like to make changes to Aidans outfits and add some more style to the game. Here's a test I did with the Blume Agent and Dedsec Outfits I posted to another thread (http://forums.guru3d.com/showpost.php?p=4874147&postcount=1057). They work pretty well so I'd like to do more of them (and add more to the ones I've done, they were just tests). If anyone either has the Ultra textures or has an idea how to fix the unzipping issue that would be great.

17. Cru_N_cher

Cru_N_cher Guest

GPU:
    MSI NX8800GT OC
    @Haxe
    Some Japanese ? guy implemented your findings into the interface now :)

You can chose/change character models like clothes now from the Shop ;)

http://youtu.be/XNaDJnI5X0U

Last edited: Jul 16, 2014
  18. Haxe

Haxe Guest

GPU:
    sorry its been a while i can't find auto-6 either. im guessing its the cyberpunk gun [Weapon.Pistols.M8M.ULC_Cyberpunk.xml]

unpack common.dat file and "convert Binary" on the item.lib to get the *.xml files.

Defalt's car is obtained after you complete certain act in the game. And it is possible to put custom models in the game, but I never went into that.

Nice, that's awesome he found new models like Aiden's clothes in the past and Lena Pearce models lol.
    It would be helpful if he provides the binhexes to them.

edit: nvm ill dig thru zeroinhere's files to get the binhex numbers.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2014
  19. SoloCreep

SoloCreep Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080 TI
    Here is a good resource for Watch Dogs modding tools and other popular games. Sorry if this has already been posted here.

20. HotSpot

HotSpot Guest

GPU:
    Radeon 9500
    the gibbed.distupt.unpack keeps crashing?

Try to use a short path and names to the folder "disrupt" and the folder with patches

Last edited: Jul 17, 2014