Lunayahs Watch Dogs Enhanced Mod

Discussion in 'Game Tweaks and Modifications' started by Lunayah, Jun 26, 2014.

?

What do you prefer. Quality or Performance?

Poll closed Jul 17, 2014.
  1. Quality

105 vote(s)
    69.1%
  2. Performance

54 vote(s)
    35.5%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Spoonie

Spoonie Guest

GPU:
    6gig Titan Sli
    I just want no stutter. I should be able to rape this game, but I'm stuck with high textures, and playing without my 2nd card on a single screen. #Firstworldproblems

2. Caikki

Caikki Guest

GPU:
    GTX660 DC2 OC 2GB 1085MHz
    Weird, you have cards slightly better than mine but the HQ version has been the best experience for me so far, I can see and shoot from a great distance all the hackers that invade me. Have you tried setting "REFLECTIONS" to something lower than Ultra? It definitely solves the insane lag for me, runs smooth and stutter-free :)

Last edited: Jul 15, 2014
  3. Lunayah

Lunayah Guest

GPU:
    GTX 670SLI
    SO what do you guys think., Rain, lighting, exposure, shading, reflections and my new textures for high. I think the rain reacts nicely to the wind now :) I need opinions

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. arias51

arias51 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 780 GTX Superclocked
    If you edit the graphics display off 'ultra' to custom (or any other setting) you aren't using Lunayah's tweaks anymore, which could be why you are seeing better performance.

I don't like motion blur, but to use this mod without it I have to unpack the files, open the renderconfig.xml, and search for 'Ultra' then change the motionblur value to 'off' in the text. If you want to lower settings, you would actually have to do the same under the ultra profile.

5. Zorbak

Zorbak Guest

GPU:
    gtx 670 4 GB SLI
    looks amazing Lunayah, can't wait to try it out. Your HQ mod is working great for me as long as I stick to high textures and smaa. The game is really coming together nicely thanks to you.

6. BigNog

BigNog Guest

GPU:
    ASUS R9 290X DirectCU II
    @Lunayah Looks awesome! When are you going to release it? I'm really looking forward to test that out!

7. arias51

arias51 Guest

GPU:
    Guess I can't leave my car's window down when it's raining anymore! :)
    Looks good. Is it a bit bleaker (color wise) compared to your warm version? Looks that way from the shots.

8. Lunayah

Lunayah Guest

GPU:
    GTX 670SLI
    I actually dont think its true, I might have been wrong before ::

Patience my friend. Ha I guess it was good that I have started to build a mod to my taste and to not leave everything neutral for the public:)

Yeah this look its just so it captures wamth, coolness and subtleness better. the colors should have more blend so it doesnt lean so much towards a specific filter but rather balance all the filters. I didnt want to colorful neither .

9. arias51

arias51 Guest

GPU:
    Really? I thought you had edited specific values in the various .xml files under the ultra profile only?

For instance... These values are in the render config under 'ultra' but not 'high'

ReflectionHdr="1"
    UseParallaxOcclusionMapping="1"
    DeferredFxQuality="pc"
    DeferredAmbientQuality="high"

Also, if you look at the custom profile setting...

<!-- Editor PC config -->
    <quality id="pc_editor"
    Bloom="0" <---------------------- Bloom and render rain is set to off.
    RenderRain="0"

I would think they would make a difference in the overall quality and performance. No?
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    I really appreciate the fact that you made the base mod with a balance of performance/quality in mind. It's what I like best about it. While I like what 'The Worse' has initially done, I believe he has gone overboard with the changes he's made recently and his mod is practically unplayable for me.

Your mod just works and looks great all around, while keeping the overall look/feel of the original game intact.

Excellent Job! Thanks again.

10. Lunayah

Lunayah Guest

GPU:
    GTX 670SLI
    yes I see I did not modify this setting under custom but Ill remember now :)

11. BigNog

BigNog Guest

GPU:
    ASUS R9 290X DirectCU II
    Take your time. You're doing an amazing job :)

12. Caikki

Caikki Guest

GPU:
    Not really, if it was like that, then all the several mods I tested until today wouldn't change anything! When I remove the "patch.xxx" files or restore original ones from first Ubisoft update, everyone could tell it's been extremely downgraded and began to stutters insanely (uglier and buggier lol). GTX660 and weaker can't handle WD's Ultra Reflections, it lags, runs slow. I have dozens of pedestrians in my game, strong wind and rain, awesome jacket movement etc even when I set everything to low! Just "Level of Detail" on Ultra increases those elements a little! Other settings just adds layers of reflections, polygons, less blurry shadows, DOF, blurry motion, wavier water etc! :) But anyway, I use that WD XML editor to set all other known strings to max too!

13. Caikki

Caikki Guest

GPU:
    Lunayah! Thanks a lot for the higher LOD version, I can use my Destroyer to disable hacker vehicles at great distance now!
    This rain crazy reacting to wind is sick! Can't wait for it!

14. arias51

arias51 Guest

GPU:
    yes, the base of the mod would work, but all of the settings I listed above would be turned off and some of them are heavy hitters.

Bloom is off
    Render rain is off
    Parallex is off
    hdr reflections are off

That all adds up... You may be able to run HQ, but you aren't really running HQ just a watered down version.

I think Lunayah is going to fix it though so that you can use any setting now.

15. cmh175

cmh175 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 770 Classified
    This looks incredible. I've been trying to add similar effects myself, but it certainly hasn't gone as well as this.

16. Cru_N_cher

Cru_N_cher Guest

GPU:
    MSI NX8800GT OC
    Thats the right way to go and this highers also the diversity of final results not like aaa i want to get the E3 style jesus this Game has so many styles that never have been shown in any E3 presentation before ;)

17. Cru_N_cher

Cru_N_cher Guest

GPU:
    MSI NX8800GT OC
    If this is a non Downsampled/Supersampled output result i would be even more fascinated (no supersample=1/ no external driver downsampling) :)

would be cool if you could post some visual compares side by side of your current output and the differences with supersampling and the FAST SMAA approach (not your TEMP SMAA + MSAA2x).

Also is this the SweetFX output or the non SweetFX ?

Btw the questions you ask are strange you can't answer everything without seein it in uncompressed Motion (not youtube)

18. Cmaki2008

Cmaki2008 Active Member

GPU:
    780ti evga sc
    wow again

@Lunayah
    I love the rain, I love the shading it seems darker than warm, i love how the rain moves with the wind that's really cool. Are you going to release this as the new HQ ver with various presets like the e3 or just one? This is just awesome I would say you know more than most already and follow your heart bro, you know what your doing obviously! I personally would like a heavy demanding version I can run HQ in 2xtaa which is perfect but if I could get a hq ver that squeezes more stuff in there like this and still run it near that aa, OMG!

19. Caikki

Caikki Guest

GPU:
    Yes, when I delete my gamesettings.xml, it generates a new one without HDR and Render Rain because of the patch.dat/.fat files, but I always set it back on using the XML utility as you can see here:
    [​IMG]

Now I'm not sure about the Bloom and the Parallex Occlusion Mapping. If you can tell by looking at a screen shot, here it is: [​IMG]
    :D

20. BigNog

BigNog Guest

GPU:
    ASUS R9 290X DirectCU II
    @Lunayah everybody is going crazy with those screens :eek:

And you said 3.1 was your final release. You're just too good to stop modding. Stop being so awesome! :eyebrows: