Lunayahs Watch Dogs Enhanced Mod

Discussion in 'Game Tweaks and Modifications' started by Lunayah, Jun 26, 2014.

?

What do you prefer. Quality or Performance?

Poll closed Jul 17, 2014.
  1. Quality

105 vote(s)
    69.1%
  2. Performance

54 vote(s)
    35.5%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. cmh175

cmh175 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 770 Classified
    It's interesting though, because v-sync will greatly lower the fps while removing tearing. Depending on settings I get anywhere from 70+, but with v-synch at 1 or 2 frames it stays consistently at 30. I guess the blinking maybe caused by minor stuttering.

2. raj7095

raj7095 Guest

GPU:
    Reference R9 290 4gb
    Hey I actually found this weird fix for the vsync locking to 30fps bug. go to your display settings, change to borderless and then back to fullscreen and it should be fixed. you need to do this each time you start the game or change resolution in-game.

3. cmh175

cmh175 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 770 Classified
    lol seriously? That is so frickin weird, yeah I'll have to try that thanks! What the hell is up with this game.

4. raj7095

raj7095 Guest

GPU:
    Reference R9 290 4gb
    yeah i have no idea why it does that. but i've had this problem with far cry 3 as well. ubisoft cant ever get vsync right for some reason

5. BigNog

BigNog Guest

GPU:
    ASUS R9 290X DirectCU II
    Are you guys using the in-game v sync or forcing it through driver (nvidia/AMD)?

@ Lunayah, awesome! I will test it when I get home. Thank you so much for all your effort :)

6. Khan213

Khan213 Guest

GPU:
    HD 7990
    @ Lunayah, u r awesome and very thanks for your hard efforts for your supporters. U R BEST.

7. Lunayah

Lunayah Guest

GPU:
    GTX 670SLI
    Thank you all of you and I hope you can enjoy the game:)

8. raj7095

raj7095 Guest

GPU:
    Reference R9 290 4gb
    I'm using in-game (AMD) cmh is also using in-game (Nvidia). I never use driver level vsync, but I should probably try that and see if the problem still persists.

Edit: Also agree with bignog, ur mod is awesome Lunayah. Appreciate your effort :)

Last edited: Jul 12, 2014
  9. tiwana350

tiwana350 Guest

GPU:
    660 ti amp ed.
    wanna know if anyone can add Maldo Textures with the Lunayah s Final version with probably low DoF ?
    thanks

10. R!CK

R!CK Guest

GPU:
    2x R9 290x (MSI)
    Lunayah, Thank you sooo much man for your efforts I can finally enjoy this game! :)
    It looks so damn good @ 3840 x 2160! It is a shame that crossfire isn't optimised well but your mod has made a world of difference running one GPU. You have my true gratitude and thanks. :banana:

Last edited: Jul 12, 2014

11. raj7095

raj7095 Guest

GPU:
    Reference R9 290 4gb
    anyways just wanted to report that 3.1 with maldo's textures results in no stuttering for me, which is weird because aside from this mod no matter which mod i combine maldo's textures with, i always get a ridiculous amount of stuttering.

12. cmh175

cmh175 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 770 Classified
    Probably not, following from my own example with the last request I helped fill it just followed with several more with criticism. Here's how you can do it yourself though.

Download the patch tools: svn.gib.me/builds/disrupt/?C=M;O=D

Unzip the patch.dat file by dragging it onto the Gibbed.Disrupt.unpack.exe. This will make a new folder called Patch_unpacked.

Download and open the folder for TheWorsev0.8. Go to: TheWorse Mod 0.8 + MalDo Config Tool v1\WDT_Data\Mod_Base\z_DOF_CAMERAS. Select the camera and level of DOF you want. Copy it into the: patch_unpacked\generated\databases folder.

Next go to the: TheWorse Mod 0.8 + MalDo Config Tool v1\WDT_Data\Mod_Selection\Textures_Version and copy the graphics folder into the patch_unpacked folder (don't overwrite anything though.

Rename the patch_unpacked folder to just patch, and drag it onto the Gibbed.Disrupt.pack.exe to rezip the new patch file. That's it, you edited the mod yourself and are good to go. Wasn't so painful yeah?

13. tiwana350

tiwana350 Guest

GPU:
    660 ti amp ed.
    ok might give it a try, not sure if i can do it, the strong Dof gives me headache. and btw im using your 3.1 beta with maldo now. its awesome and i get good performance.:)

14. arias51

arias51 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 780 GTX Superclocked
    Don't see the point of using it. Are you getting more than 60FPS?
    I have mine turned off and I don't get any tearing. My recommendation would be to keep it 'off' unless you notice screen tearing. You will get better performance and a few FPS more with it turned off.

15. cmh175

cmh175 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 770 Classified
    This didn't seem to work. With v-synch on in borderless I get roughly 40-50 fps, but every time I switch back to fullscreen it's 30.

I guess I'm going to try that. As long as I don't get any screen tearing that'll probably fix the occasional stuttering issue.

Jesus this is silly. Supposedly all PS4 games (and presumably Xbone) play consistently at 60 fps, yet this game is struggling to get past 30 with v-synch on pc.

16. DeDeMouse

DeDeMouse Guest

GPU:
    AMD 6950 2GB
    Does it will remove the visual effect in this mod?

17. raj7095

raj7095 Guest

GPU:
    Reference R9 290 4gb
    huh that's strange idk why it worked for me. maybe it's just a fix for amd cards? btw, ps4 and xbox1 version actually run at 30fps, not 60.

18. cmh175

cmh175 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 770 Classified
    lol well that at least makes me feel a little better. I found that setting v-synch to 2 frames is what sets it to 30 fps. Setting it to 1 has it go from 42-50 or so, with some wiggle room (at full screen). It's roughly the same performance without v-synch but with no tearing so it seems to work best.

I probably will try without the dynamiclightprefab.lib than. This just effects the head lights making shadows when you walk past them right? Or is it all lights? Depending on the effect it maybe a small price to pay for the head lights blinking, which is probably a lot more noticeable.

19. raj7095

raj7095 Guest

GPU:
    Reference R9 290 4gb
    Oh no wonder then lol. 2 frames Vsync always halves your framerate, and from what I recall nVidia cards aren't even supposed to have the 30fps lock issue.

20. BigNog

BigNog Guest

GPU:
    ASUS R9 290X DirectCU II
    I'll try that. It's the old habit of always use vsync. But don't you get any screen tearing at all?