TheWorse Mod for Watch Dogs #3 part

Discussion in 'Game Tweaks and Modifications' started by TheWorse, Jul 9, 2014.

1. Bigleg

Bigleg Guest

GPU:
    Galax GTX 1070 EXOC
    Regarding Sweet FX and 8.1, you could try this one. Download in the description.

www_youtube_com/watch?v=cayeLohgmo8

2. Warpy

Warpy Guest

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    If I were you TW I would seriously consider reducing the DOF, with all the effort you have put into the MOD the DOF rights the whole MOD off.

If you look at PURE MOD, the level of DOF is much more realistic and would benefit your efforts. :)

3. BoomSlang001

BoomSlang001 Member

GPU:
    4090 FE
    Thanks Tony. A big improvement. Much appreciated.

4. rohithkumarsp

rohithkumarsp Guest

GPU:
    NMsi GTX560Ti Twin Forzr2
    i can't open mega.co.nz link, even if i use a vpn , the page just doesn't load, can you please provide an direct link ? i really need that low DOF and FOG settings, 0.97c is too foggy and DOF

5. Warp

Warp Guest

GPU:
    Geforce GTX 770
    I knew about the graphical downgrade of this game (compared to its E3 preview) and this patch before I bought the game, so I was looking forward to using this patch. Just for comparison I played the game for a little while before applying the patch, just to see the difference.

Frankly, I'm rather unimpressed by this mod. In fact, I'm rather disappointed. Instead of getting the top-of-the-line next-gen hyper-realistic graphics that the screenshots promise, all I'm getting is ridiculous amounts of blur and bloom, with no visible increase in graphical quality. Especially the indoors levels at the start of the game are actually difficult to play because the excessive amount of bloom makes it hard to see anything (when there's a direct light in view.)

I started suspecting that the graphical tweaks made by the mod could have been done only for the outdoor scenes in mind, disregarding indoors scenes. When I got outside, however, I was still quite unimpressed.

In fact, I took two screenshots, one with the unmodified game, and another with the 0.97c patch (with the hi-res textures) applied. Just open the two image links below in two browser tabs so you can switch between the two for comparison.

At first I thought that I would indicate in the file names which one is from the original game and which one from the modded version. But in fact I decided to not do so. Just guess which one of the images is from which version. Just try and guess.

koti.kapsi.fi/warp/media/Watch_Dogs2014-7-11-0-22-18.jpg
    koti.kapsi.fi/warp/media/Watch_Dogs2014-7-11-0-24-53.jpg

(Btw, why do people keep using that mega.co.nz crap site? I can't download anything from there, and neither can many other people, deducing from their posts here.)

6. AMV

AMV Guest

GPU:
    GTX 780m SLI
    Thanks TonyMBR This is for my taste. Now i don`t need to try and do it myself. Still respect to theWorse.
    To help and share download link:
    http://files.fm/u/dlpphbi * TonyMBR`s version with less fog + orig dof

7. Omerta

Omerta Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 760 OC 4GB
    Ok. The grass looks really great but a little overwhelming at times..

But can you put something between high and low resolution grass?

8. MikeG

MikeG Master Guru

GPU:
    Titan RTX
    I think I understand the issue brought up by the two photos. The second one is from .97c I believe. I'll take a pic from the same spot in version .8 and post it here later because I really like the looks of .8 and I want to see if it can equal or beat that first screenshot.

Ok here's the pic of same area at night in .8 -

http://i.imgur.com/XRDAonR.jpg

Last edited: Jul 11, 2014
  9. Warpy

Warpy Guest

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Yep, this is my exact opinion too. Try this one: http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=390665

10. Citizen47

Citizen47 Guest

GPU:
    Asus 680 GTX 2 GB OC
    Theworse: "I've reduced the LOD as much as I could without reducing visual quality for 0.97c"

Sweet, thanks!

Gonna check out the textures. :)

11. Warp

Warp Guest

GPU:
    Geforce GTX 770
    I tried the "Lower Fog + Original Depth of Field" version given a few posts back, and at least it looks better. (Haven't tried yet how it looks at nighttime, though. At daytime I have hard time telling the difference to the original, other than for the fog... Taking screenshots of the same location both with and without the mod is so laborious...)

12. MikeG

MikeG Master Guru

GPU:
    Titan RTX
    I wonder if people are trying to take pics in a TW mod of this hotel that look as good as this vanilla version pic from Warp in post #247:

http://koti.kapsi.fi/warp/media/Watch_Dogs2014-7-11-0-22-18.jpg

I tried to with that screenshot of mine a few posts earlier from the same place looking at the hotel at night in version 0.8. Hard to admit his looks better. But like I said others can try (from versions other than vanilla.)

13. firekil

firekil Guest

GPU:
    7950 3GB @ 1150/1550
    Just want to say thank you for all your hard work. 0.97c not only has impressive visuals, but improved performance as well! Using an i5 4670k and a 7950, I am able to game on High Textures/2xMSAA/Ultra Settings at a reliable 30fps. Once again thanks TheWorse!

14. milamber

milamber Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4080 Suprim X
    TheWorse, great job. The lighting looks spectacular. My only problem is at night it's too dark and during the day it's too bright, so I have to keep adjusting the brightness. Is this a mod problem or an engine problem?

15. BradleyW

BradleyW Guest

GPU:
    R9 290X CFX
    @TheWorse.

Excellent work with 0.97v. It looks almost like E3! Keep up the good work. Lighting and colour is perfect. Would like to see the E3 car headlight flares and the E3 slo-mo!

16. Blashix

Blashix Guest

GPU:
    R9 270 2GB
    Nice new update mod, i cant wait for final release mod. !

17. BradleyW

BradleyW Guest

GPU:
    R9 290X CFX
    Does 0.97 contain Ubi official patch?

18. TonyMBR

TonyMBR Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 770 SC ACX 2GB
    Yes, all mods have incorporated this patch after its official release.

19. TheWorse

TheWorse Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX680@1300/6900
    What do you guys expect to see changes at night? Night lighting was always flat.

And do you actually expect top of the line graphics of the game? LOL, you don't know anything it seems. I'm gonna post screenshots comparissons for the ignorance.

Yes, it does.

And everything is going to be adjusted for 0.99.

20. Warp

Warp Guest

GPU:
    Geforce GTX 770
    I honestly do not understand what people are seeing that I'm not. People are saying over and over how the image quality is amazing, yet I see no improvement over the original unmodded game, but the exact opposite. The only thing I'm seeing is basically the exact same details but with a white haze all over it, lowering the contrast. The original game, however, looks a lot more vivid.

Just compare these two screenshots:

koti.kapsi.fi/warp/media/Watch_Dogs_original.jpg
    koti.kapsi.fi/warp/media/Watch_Dogs_modded.jpg

(The mod is the 0.97c version with the lowered fog and blur.)

The original looks bright and vivid, while the modded version looks otherwise identical, except that there's a white haze all over the screen that lowers the contrast, making it look duller.

I don't understand.