Lunayahs Watch Dogs Enhanced Mod

Discussion in 'Game Tweaks and Modifications' started by Lunayah, Jun 26, 2014.

?

What do you prefer. Quality or Performance?

Poll closed Jul 17, 2014.
  1. Quality

105 vote(s)
    69.1%
  2. Performance

54 vote(s)
    35.5%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Omerta

Omerta Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 760 OC 4GB
    Fair of you :) :thumbup::thumbup:

2. tudort

tudort Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia Msi Gtx 580 1.5 Gb
    Hello there. I am liking your warm 3.1 beta. One question though. My graphics card is an older high-end , memory and bus are super fast , but i only have 1.5gb of vram. Game stutters a little with high textures , letalone ultra. Can i use medium textures and ultra graphics and maintain quality ?

3. Warpy

Warpy Guest

GPU:
    RTX 4090
  4. Lonepunk

Lonepunk Guest

GPU:
    1 gb
    @lunayah >> bro im working on headlight shadows only file .. and i have created it,but there seems to be shadows flickering from headlights.......... how can i reduce or completely eliminate those flickerings !!! please help me!!!>>>

5. Cru_N_cher

Cru_N_cher Guest

GPU:
    MSI NX8800GT OC
    Omerta their is more then just FPS for a clean stutter free (perceptible latency acceptable) Render experience ;)

And i show a good point of Lunayahs Mod and a bad Point of it with my Screenshots the Light Model changed for the Environment it's much better this way but for the Character Dynamics it's bad ;)

And it's just crazy if you compare the Raining randomness with Vanilla in the Mod you realize very fast that it is unrealistic because it rains so crazy often currently also the Wind Simulation i don't think to force it the way currently done in virtually all these Mods is a good Way it feels unrealistic as well, to see the same Environment behavior trough the Tod and weather Cycle (Open World Games need to be uncontrolled Dynamic, 1 Scene dont should look like the Scene 12 hours after ;) at least doesn't feel that way in Vanilla the Wind is setup that way that you get @ least the idea it's change is happening dynamically. ).

And Timescale is way to fast maybe also this is braking the Games TOD weather Behavior.

The tonemapp setup is great now :) i didn't saw that crazy Sepia result that Lunayah showed yet but very believable nice Realtime Render outputs in those terms also very homogenous :)

It's sad i can't vote i would vote for (Balanced) but it's not an option ;)

Anyway the Improvement from Version to Version of Lunayahs mod and his Vision is very visible and he tries to make everything coherent in those changes thus i really like his output results even with the Skin Dynamics lose :)

Last edited: Jul 11, 2014
  6. Sockenschock

Sockenschock Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia Gtx 680 2 Gb
    Hey Guys,
    Is it possible to make the Day/ night Cycle in Realtime? 24 Hours? :D
    I like the Idea of playing in Realtime because you can change the time in your Hideouts anyways. :)

Thanks for any reply.

7. Cmaki2008

Cmaki2008 Active Member

GPU:
    780ti evga sc
    I'm sorry so do I turn on temporal smaa or not?

8. wunkley

wunkley Guest

GPU:
    780Ti SLI
    The latest 3.1 is close to being my favourite WD mod by a long way. Looks great and runs well and stutter fee, if textures are set to HIGH as advised.

I just wish it was possible to have the texture quality increased whilst still maintaining the same performance. Is there any way this could be done?

9. al0258

al0258 Guest

GPU:
    GTX 980 SOC G1
    does someone have Lunayah's mod with maldo textures that can upload it?

10. brutlern

brutlern Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 X Gaming
    I think it is possible. All you have to do is add timescale = "30" to your gamerprofile.xml right after <GameProfile and before Sensitivity="0.9" (sensitivity could be something else other then 0.9) so it would look like this:

<GameProfile timescale = "30" Sensitivity="0.9"

It you want it permanent you have to set the gamerprofile.xml file to be read only otherwise it will only last 'till the next restart.

timescale= "30" is default, lower than 30 will make days longer, higher than 30 will make them shorter. So if you want 24 hours, i think timescale="1" is what you want.

11. cmh175

cmh175 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 770 Classified
    Uploading someone else's work is a big modders no no. Adding the texture's yourself though is very easy. Use the patch tools (on the How to Mod WD thread), drag patch.dat onto Unpacked.exe, and just copy in the textures (they're in TW0.8. Repackaging the patch file is as easy as opening it, just drag patch folder onto Pack.exe.

12. cmh175

cmh175 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 770 Classified
    It's certainly possible but changing the time of day otherwise will be tedious. I think the only way is sleeping at the hide out yes? And since time probably leaves off at your last check point (instead of realtime) it'll always remain within the same time frame unless you go to your hide out. I also think the weather is based on the game's time. If that's right the weather wont change much during actual gameplay.

13. Khan213

Khan213 Guest

GPU:
    HD 7990
    Sweetfx problem with win 8.1

Hi @Lunayah,

I need your help, I have win 8.1 and using Radeonpro. I tried a lot of SweetFX injectors like CeeJay.dk 15.1 version and boulotaur2024 but no results. its showing in game "SweetFX on and off" but with nothing changing of any color or any effect. Please advise it will be very kind of u.

14. wunkley

wunkley Guest

GPU:
    780Ti SLI
    I too would like a version with Maldos texture fix in it.

I don't see it as any big deal or treading on anyone's toes to do a test version of this.

Cuuld someone please make one and upload for testing?

15. cmh175

cmh175 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 770 Classified
    There really isn't a need for a "test version". The textures work fine with any mod. Well either way I sent Lunayah a pm about it. If it's cool I'll post a link for v3.1 with Maldo's textures.

16. Lunayah

Lunayah Guest

GPU:
    GTX 670SLI

You dont really need sweet fx since my version only adds a border, it doesnt tweak colors but heres a link to a working one:)

http://www.mediafire.com/download/qndpsoy6p5fxdve/WatchDogs_Kop4Ever_SweetFX_v1_31.ra

17. Lunayah

Lunayah Guest

GPU:
    GTX 670SLI
    Omg guys I try my max quality version after i set every lod to the max and my game runs at 3 fps max, its not possible and the difference is not even noticible unless you are running Ultra HD I guess with three monitors:3eyes:

18. jimdove

jimdove Guest

GPU:
    Windforce 1080ti
    thanks great stuff. I cannot play with DOF, will wait for the next version with dof options. Also I still dont see sweetfx working,

19. cmh175

cmh175 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 770 Classified
    Ok so here's v3.1 with Maldo's textures.

WD Enhanced warmV3.1+Maldo's Textures

Oops, I left the unzipped patch file in the folder. Just copy in the files like normal and just delete the patch folder, or hell take a look at how the mod works if you like. Just don't copy the folder into your game directory. It isn't necessary, and I'm not positive if it'll impact the game loading or not.

20. cmh175

cmh175 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 770 Classified
    lol wow. Yeah that'll probably only work for those with 3way SLI Titans, and only be useful at 4k. I think sticking with the original concept of enhancing visuals while increasing performance works just fine. I'm using v3.1 (with a few tweaks and effects like explosions from TW0.97c) maxed out and it plays beautifully. A comparison with the vanilla game found it very bland with way too much stuttering after playing with v3.1.