CSGO Stuttering (High DPC latency with NVIDIA Drivers(?)

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by paskanmyivat, Jun 3, 2014.

1. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
    I love CSGO but the engine is **** and very few people at Valve seem to care. Every patch brings more bugs and issues, the second to last one is what brought the stuttering. Alt tabbing sometimes causes TAB score to go away. Closing the game mid match and reopening sometimes disallows you from buying with the mouse (I use keys but some people care about this).

There are like a billion issues with that game that could be fixed in a single patch but they'd rather put 10 skins into the game and make us rebuy the same maps multiple times.

2. adrock311

adrock311 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 SC 8gb
    that was funny :)

3. Öhr

Öhr Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD RX 5700XT @ H₂O
    that is unfortunately true. i dont care about the maps part, but seriously, there are so many bugs out there. here is a list that comes to mind:
    overlay menu only works after trying to open it twice (fixed in steam beta)
    alt-tabbing can cause stuck overlays (e.g. who killed you)
    sometimes, the whole hud including crosshair can disappear (restart required)
    sometimes, the main menu (not the escape options, the main menu!) is displayed over the game itself, making playing impossible (restart required)
    alt-tabbing causes shader issues
    alt-tabbing may cause the mouse to stop function in menus (options, buy menu, etc) (restart required)

overall, most of these bugs, one can encounter pretty easily, exist for at least over a year. and the list keeps growing!

4. crewxp

crewxp Guest

GPU:
    HD4870 (Two of them) 512M
    Just wanted to chime in. Latency has been an issue for me as well in non-csgo apps. Regular windows usage is affected as well. DPC is big for me as I use an RME card for ASIO Audio production. After installing .88, whql, (I was previously on 334.67), my audio software saw delayed audio, pops, and a much higher latency.

General windows usage, sometimes my computer freezes up (I can move the mouse and do everything else, but video freezes for a second or two then continues). This doesn't happen very often though. Usually when watching a show or opening a new graphic window in chrome, a game, or anything else visual.

5. CrazyGenio

CrazyGenio Master Guru

GPU:
    rtx 3090
    i have similar problem, my fps drop down alot from 200+ fps in tf2 and csgo to 20 on high populated maps, a courius issue because a friend who has the gtx 680 doesn't have the same drastic fps drop, i have the gtx770 (supposed to be the same chip as gtx 680) and i-m having that weird problem with source games, i tested a lot of drivers and nothing changes it, and i see the game barely uses the 20% of the gpu (30%max) and i need to use the performace gpu in nvidia control panel, because this games doesn't even use all of the gpu clocks. I tested BF3 and BF4 64 player maps, and my min fps are 65 and 50 respectively all maxed out, so i think is not a bad hardware.

A solution for this (at least for me) is using this program called virtu mvp 2.0, work well with source games and some dx9 - dx10 like sinper elite v2, it fixes my fps drops in source games and remains at 68-300 fps in tf2- hl2 - csgo -probably in lfd4. The only issue with this program is you will need to unistall everytime you update your drivers and you need to force enable the integrated gpu. http://lucidlogix.com/support/download/driverdownloads-mvp2/

if anybody have a better solution im listening because that software only works with outdated games and its very expensive.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2014
  6. paskanmyivat

paskanmyivat Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 970 SC ACX 2.0
    well, its a problem with my GPU i think

GTX 770, 720p 60fps stream & csgo running -> puu.sh/9rpae/917b049b39.png

HD 7970, 720p 60fps stream & csgo running ->
    puu.sh/9s64x/e63824e373.png

7. CrazyGenio

CrazyGenio Master Guru

GPU:
    rtx 3090
    well like somebody already said maybe its a problem related to gtx700 series and source engine.

thats mine with csgo or tf2 with high dense and very populated maps at 1080p max settings [​IMG]

8. paskanmyivat

paskanmyivat Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 970 SC ACX 2.0
    If you could see how it stutters on my screen you wouldnt believe, i tried to make a vod with 60fps but its clearly not stuttering as much as on my screen.

twitch.tv/snoooplion420/c/4460470
    puu.sh/9sWA1/0be4e1ac1d.png
    puu.sh/9sTJd/3512cffe6f.png
    puu.sh/9sTzl/7fedae8a4c.png

378.88 drivers now, no problems with my friends GTX 780 & same drivers OR with AMD HD 7970.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2014
  9. CrazyGenio

CrazyGenio Master Guru

GPU:
    rtx 3090
    well try to unistall everything, and do a clean install with icafe 337.90 drivers, people reports those are the smoothest drivers atm.

for shadowplay use stand alone istaller.

10. boOzy

boOzy Active Member

GPU:
    Radeon R290
    337.50 are much better than the latest ones for me in CSGO.

11. adrock311

adrock311 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 SC 8gb
    I believe the stuttering is caused by the game streaming textures, etc WHILE you are playing. It doesn't preload everything fully. Open up resource monitor and check your disk usage while playing.

12. Xipe

Xipe Member

GPU:
    SLI 980GTX
    I have this pc:
    Corsair AX1200W
    i7 3930K C2 @ 4,6 HT On 1,38v
    Corsair H100i
    Asus Rampage IV Extreme
    16Gbs GSKILL 17000 RipjawsZ (2133mhz) 9-11-10-28 1.65v
    SLI 780GTX (GIGABYTE) core: 1228mhz / mem: 3150mhz
    Asus Xonar STX
    SSD Samsung 840 PRO 256Gbs
    HDD Velociraptor 150gbs
    HDD 2x2Tb Western digital
    ASUS VG278H

I have some stutters and i have a problem. When i put fps_max, for example, 129, the fps go to 124. If i put 300 the fps go 270-280...

In other pc the fps_max work well... I dont understand...

13. IcE

IcE Don Snow

GPU:
    3070Ti FE
    Then why does putting the computer to sleep fix the issue for me? :pc1:

14. Reddoguk

Reddoguk Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX3090 GB GamingOC
    If i was gonna swap from AMD to Nvidia i think i would have to do a full reformat of my OS drive.

Seriously i would just do it, it's a pain in the arse but i couldn't care less, at least then i know for 100% that it isn't OS/Driver related.

15. Godbless

Godbless Guest

GPU:
    GTX 650 Ti
    I'm having audio lag issues in CS:GO which ends up dropping my fps down to 20 fps over time. Sometimes my game completely freezes up for a few seconds if there is a new sound being played for that game (like awp sound). I have a Sound Blaster ZX. I previously had a Sound blaster X-Fi Ti F4t4lity version, i'm not sure if i completely removed those drivers prior to installing the ZX or disabled my onboard mobo. Suggestions? Sorry I'm noob.

In Device Manager this is whats under Sound controllers:
    HD Webcam C525
    High Definition Audio Device
    NVIDIA High Definition Audio Device
    Sound Blaster Audio Controller
    Sound Blaster Z

16. Godbless

Godbless Guest

GPU:
    GTX 650 Ti
    So I used an app called Core Unparker and ran the same demo several times with just a change in the unparker app. These are my results... The first run was after a fresh reboot, its dramatically different than the rest and almost seems that way when I play CS:GO, starts out amazing then after 1 round fps drops. What could explain this?

7487 frames 31.066 seconds 241.00 fps ( 4.15 ms/f) 19.504 fps variability, 5% CPU
    7487 frames 44.881 seconds 166.82 fps ( 5.99 ms/f) 11.113 fps variability, Fully Unparked.
    7487 frames 41.871 seconds 178.81 fps ( 5.59 ms/f) 11.707 fps variability, 95% CPU.
    7487 frames 46.613 seconds 160.62 fps ( 6.23 ms/f) 10.506 fps variability, 95% run-2.

17. BenYeeHua

BenYeeHua Guest

GPU:
    Asus 650M D3
    Hope you are not using the coderbag one, he is just changing the "max settings" you can set, not the settings.
    So after using it, you will facing all PowerPlans settings that has some relation with Core-parking will stop working as it should.
    ---
    Anyways, As you don't say your windows, I guess you are Windows 8 then?

Because since Windows 8, the core-parking changed to park the whole core, not park the hyper-thread like Windows 7.
    So it will increase the Boost your CPU can reach, if you parked 3 core(if I am right, i5 is 4 core, right?).

18. Godbless

Godbless Guest

GPU:
    GTX 650 Ti
    I have windows 7, and yes it's coderbag one. I don't understand why I'm consistently getting 160s in the demo test when it seems like I should be getting 200s atleast

19. Prophet

Prophet Master Guru

GPU:
    Msi 680
    I would at least try ddu first, it should be enough.

20. adrock311

adrock311 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 SC 8gb
    the stuttering in this game is seriously annoying. I think i was able to reduce it by turning multicore rendering OFF in options, try it.