Exclusive: Upcoming games to support Mantle

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Rich_Guy, Jul 9, 2014.

1. lorikano

lorikano Master Guru

GPU:
    2x Sapphire 7950@1150
    Your so right I mean the level of butthurt fan boys is way too high in this thread ,but personally I'll say that the best thing to ever happen to pc gaming the last couple of years is mantle and its completely free something the green team(Nvidia monkeys) will not let you go without your green money of course ,lol.

2. ---TK---

---TK--- Guest

GPU:
    2x 980Ti Gaming 1430/7296
    my lord the fanboism is strong on this page 5.

3. GhostXL

GhostXL Guest

GPU:
    PNY EPIC-X RTX 4090
    Hey, I don't see anything wrong with this.

DX or Mantle the games will run fine.

Just Mantle will boost the mid/low range cards for AMD, giving them a slight edge in that segment possibly.

But it's the comments like this that ruin a persons image.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2014
  4. mitzi76

mitzi76 Guest

GPU:
    MSI 970 (Gaming)
    I dont think anyone on here paticularly gives a flying xxxx

Come back to this thread within 3 months and prove me wrong. Somehow I dont think that will happen..

Nor 6 months....

Maybe 12 months...

5. Loophole35

Loophole35 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    One of the users that told you to chill has CF 7970's. ROFLMAO. EPIC FAIL!!!

Go away troll we don't need your kind here.

6. undeadpolice

undeadpolice Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX980 K|NGP|N (SLI)
    Did I say it was you? Looks like you are mad.
    And if I'm troll then you are fool to take my bait.

7. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    Lets face it, mantle did introduce low level API to PC (yes we had glide years ago but really not worth mentioning). It has forced Nvidia and MS to rethink things, it is what devs have wanted on the PC for years!

I also don't think AMD is stupid enough to pump so much R&D into Mantle to just let it die when DX12 comes out. I bet they are working right now on making mantle coexist with DX12, they are probably looking into making it easier to port over to mantle or include a mantle option alongside DX12. It would make sense.

I have owned both Nvidia and AMD cards, they both have their strong points and weaknesses.

But even the most ignorant minded trolls can admit deep down that AMD is doing things the right way by open sourcing everything when Nvidia is not.

Nvidia
    CUDA is not open, PhysX is not open, Gameworks is not open, GSYNC is not open, Hairworks is not open....

AMD
    OpenCL is open, Mantle is open, TressFX is open, FREESYNC is open

Makes more sense that both teams share technologies, sure they will develop for their architectures so it should run better on them but they should NOT lock the other out and refuse to work with them in some way.

Heck even Intel has asked for the Mantle source code to take a look at it! If Intel can ask AMD for something, I am sure Nvidia can.

8. The Postman

The Postman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 980 TI Gaming
    @CPC_RedDawn That makes sense but I would grab a shield if I was you.

9. Clawedge

Clawedge Guest

GPU:
    Radeon 570
    [​IMG]

Dont worry, i got his back!

10. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Of which AMD then went and denied access to because Mantle is still in beta testing. Which is of course fair enough on AMDs part. But its also fair enough of Nvidia to not make their own features open-source if the competition has nothing of real value to bring to the table and share. So perhaps its best if all the whinging stops untill Mantle actually becomes open source, as currently it is not and we see actual results by Intel and Nvidia if they choose to use AMDs mantle.

As for everyone else,

At the end of the day, a company is only as good as the exclusive features it has to offer. Make your company secrets or software open source and free to use and you'll end up like a Linux distro developer - broke and/or just doing it for a hobby. Theres no money to be made by giving things away for free and sure the customer might benefit, but it'll only be for short while as the freebie giving company wont be able to fund itself on donations or 'thank yous' alone.

Last, why use a competitions apis/features when you have your own that is designed to make the most of your own products, thats whole lot of work to make it compatible and at the end of the day, your just retreading old ground just to say 'Hey, we're using some other companies variant of open-source stuff of the stuff we've already created ourselves and have spent millions if not billions of dollars on already. Now PC users, feed us with your brownie points as we're kinda outta pocket due to scrapping or own R&D just to shut you up'.

All this open-scource stuff is just plain hypercritical as long as games feature exclusive support from either Nvidia, Amd.. 'the way its meant to be played'.. please, spend 500 on an amd card and 40 for game and your telling me its not going to play as it should if i dont have an nvidia card? Guess i know what games to avoid then. Obviously its just a marketing gimmick, right?

Dont talk to me about open-source when both nvidia and amd pay to have exclusive access to games.

11. shymi

shymi Guest

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3070
    I doubt, that Mantle will ever become open-source - maybe it will reach a status of open to use, but open-source - nah.

About the Intel part - on the plus side - if a huge company has interest in Mantle, maybe they can see, that it could be useful in the future. On the other hand - there was not any info about what would Intel give/do in return(correct me if I'm wrong about this).

The DX 12 hype in the thread reminded me how were people reacting to Mantle a while ago - don't get me wrong, I would love to see a great/huge performance upgrade, but until there are games on the shelves or benchmarks with DX 12 and the video cards that can use it fully I will have my doubts(MS, please bust my suspicions).

A noob question follows:
    So somewhere in the thread I read, that basically Mantle does similar job like DX? If this is true and(if my memory serves me right) Mantle is not OS dependent, will developers use Mantle or DX? That asked - I disregard the ease of use/implementing and performance, because if one has the edge in both of these the choice is more obvious(maybe even only the performance part is better, there will be a lot of developers to go with that api).

In the end I personally don't care if it is DX 12 or Mantle - if any of them do what they are promising, I will be a happy little gamer :D

12. Clawedge

Clawedge Guest

GPU:
    Radeon 570
    alright, what about this, now i know this might be beyond comprehension for some, but bare with me, and dont read the following too quickly, it may cause mind explosion, and happiness, and the end to arguments and stuff along that line.

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED

Use it if you guys want to, dont use it if you dont want to.

13. mohiuddin

mohiuddin Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX670 4gb ll RX480 8gb
    For these long 5 pages what are you guys discussing about? mantle is better than DX-or-not OR GTA 5 will support mantle-or-not?
    Mantle vs dx ? there are many threads and discussions . Please don't fill up this thread with the same monotony here.

14. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    In the end it will boil down to the ancient nvidia vs amd (ati) flame war... classic. :D

15. mR Yellow

mR Yellow Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 Fury
    And we all know who is better :wanker:

16. kd7

kd7 Guest

GPU:
    7970m
    Mantle is not supposed to be open source, more like "open access".

17. kd7

kd7 Guest

GPU:
    7970m
    They pay for advertising (supposedly), not exclusive access. Which is the game that AMD has exclusive access to?

18. Loophole35

Loophole35 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    Tomb Raider ring a bell.

Listen they both do it and it's never good for the whole of the community.

19. kd7

kd7 Guest

GPU:
    7970m
    I agree, but with Tomb Raider the problem was pre-release, afterwards they had access and I do disagree with that too and wish it never happened.

Do you disagree with GW?

20. Loophole35

Loophole35 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    I don't disagree with the technology that is being introduced. And Nvidia has said that it does not have any verbiage in its GW contract that forbids AMD or Intel from early access to a title. Nor does GW cripple AMD performance as a part of its implementation. Basically GW is an evolution of TWIMTBP. But I do disagree with purposely crippling the competitors hardware. AMD did it with some of the DC stuff like TressFX in TR or Global Illumination in the code master games, Nvidia did it to AMD with overuse of tessellation in titles like Metro 2033 and Crysis 2 when the 6xxx cards were out.

This glorified pissing match is getting old.