TheWorse Mod for Watch Dogs #3 part

Discussion in 'Game Tweaks and Modifications' started by TheWorse, Jul 9, 2014.

1. MikeG

MikeG Master Guru

GPU:
    Titan RTX
    For anyone who wants a 0.8 version with tree fix, fog way back, rain within an hour, Maldo's textures, Boss DoF, max ultra settings, and normal camera here's a Mega link for it. It's for while we wait for the features tool in the next TW mod and if you like the 0.8v features I just listed (in the previous sentence.)

https://mega.co.nz/#!6ctRmYRK!4eOhxzYGyAqW9d_wN3bxQqD9AQlwu7UESkfSQfeaPWc

It's by MadFighter27 and consists of a patch.dat, patch.fat and a readme.

A few of my own comments about it: Some animations work well in it like debris blowing in the wind. You can turn off the DoF in the game menus and it looks good to me without it, I don't prefer any DoF. The wind may not be blowing much at first so the trees may not move much at first. But no problem because the wind will pick up eventually and the trees, plants and grass will sway normally and sway more as the wind increases.

The fog is light and pretty far away which has always been in version 0.8 of course. If you want fog almost gone with fairly sharp images way in the distance then you may have to get a Kadz mod (the 5.3 one) for the next day or two.

It's a free Mega account so that means limited bandwidth. If enough ppl are interested in this mod then the link won't last long and atm I'm too cheap to pay for one of their 100TB or whatever number XXXXXTB bandwidth plans.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2014
  2. thokkiano

thokkiano Guest

GPU:
    EVGA Hybrid Titan XP 2016
    Never rains!!

Is that a bug?

3. tiwana350

tiwana350 Guest

GPU:
    660 ti amp ed.
    i second this. please do without a foggy version.

4. TonyMBR

TonyMBR Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 770 SC ACX 2GB
    WATCH_DOGS - The Worse MOD 0.97c + MalDo's Textures Fix (Lower Fog + Original Depth of Field)

What has been modified:
    - Reduced fog
    - Default DoF

Observations:
    - The fog has been adjusted/reduced, but it HAS NOT been completely removed. You should still notice it during climatic changes and variances while playing (rain, wind, clear and/or foggy days), even though it won't be as close to Aiden as it is on the official 0.97c version.
    So, if you still notice fog at a distance, it is essentially due to the weather or climatic changes (as explained above).

Additionally, I'd like to say that I have not tried to modify The Worse's mod completely, as I also do not seek to say this is "my work" or anything related to my name (nickname, whatever).
    I only intend to help those who did not like the fog ambiance and/or lack the required time to do it by themselves, while I also wanted to help The Worse in order to somehow attend all of you guys while keeping him from doing dozens of different versions of the same mod, when he'd rather be focused on next releases, insertion of new effects and optimizations in general.
    After all, I did what anybody could have done after spending a few hours checking some tutorials and reading/testing commands/values and using the libraries present in the game's directories, which are by no means strange to most PC gamers.

Screenshots:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

WATCH_DOGS - Patch 1.03 + MalDo's Textures Fix

What has been modified
    - MalDo's Textures incorporated to Ubisoft's official patch 1.03.471
    - *Standard TimeScale is now present

Observations:
    - After Ubisoft's official patch 1.03.471, the original TimeScale (in-game time passage) has suffered alterations, where time (day\afternoon\night transitions) would only pass when the main character or the camera itself were moved by the player. I have inserted the standard TimeScale that was present at Watch_Dogs release and still is on consoles.

Installation:

- Extract the patch.fat and patch.dat files;
    - Drag them to the data_win64 folder, (Example: D:\Steam\SteamApps\common\Watch_Dogs\data_win64);
    - Overwrite any file if necessary;
    - Play.

P.s.: NOT necessary to delete GamerProfile.xml.

*For the Patch 1.03 + MalDo's Textures Fix, in case you wish to leave TimeScale just like it was after 1.03 patch (time passage based on main character and camera movements), download the latest version of Disrupt: [U]http://svn.gib.me/builds/disrupt/?C=M;O=D[/U] (or any other gib tool you prefer to use):

1- Unpack the archives, disrupt-rxx_bxx folder will be created;
    2- Drag patch.fat and patch.dat files to the bin directory;
    3- Drag the patch.fat file over Gibbed.Disrupt.Unpack.exe, wait for its unpacking time. The patch_unpack will be created;
    4- Inside patch_unpack, access "engine\settings";
    5- **Delete the "defaultgameconfig.xml" file;
    6- Go back to bin directory, drag the patch_unpack folder over Gibbed.Disrupt.Pack.exe;
    7- The "patch_unpack.fat" and "patch_unpack.dat" will be created;
    8- Drag them to the data_win64 folder (Example: D:\Steam\SteamApps\common\Watch_Dogs\data_win64) and rename them to "patch.fat" and "patch.dat" respectively.

**For The Worse MOD 0.97c + MalDo's Textures Fix (Lower Fog + Original Depth of Field), or in case you wish to reduce or increase in-game time passage, inside the "defaultgameconfig.xml" find the "TimeScale=28" line and change it to the desired time-passage speed. Then, proceed from step 6 (mentioned above).

Good game!

Tony

5. tiwana350

tiwana350 Guest

GPU:
    660 ti amp ed.
    some screenshots please. i am very interested in downloading it. but my download speed is not good at the moment.

6. TonyMBR

TonyMBR Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 770 SC ACX 2GB
    Added to the main post above.

7. Snougar

Snougar Guest

GPU:
    GTX 760 2GB (stock)
    Loving where the mod is going. Few issues here and there, but I think that's a personal preference thing.

Performance wise, I get about the same FPS as I did (40-50fps on Ultra /w SMAA Temporal at 1080p), but I have to lower the reflection quality to High. I lose about 6-8fps if it is on Ultra. Which isn't so bad, but It would be awesome if someone could put the reflections resolution back to the ultra's 'default'. I much rather have a lower resolution reflection with objects and keep the fps, than have to lose objects in the reflections themselves when it's set to 'high'.

Also does anyone else feel these higher quality textures just seem "gritty"? Specially on grasses?

8. tiwana350

tiwana350 Guest

GPU:
    660 ti amp ed.
    thanks man, looks great. downloading :)

9. Bigleg

Bigleg Guest

GPU:
    Galax GTX 1070 EXOC
    Thanks for this, maximum respect to TheWorse for his work but I truly hated the DOF and Fog. Maybe good for screenshots but that's about it, for me anyway. I appreciate everyone is different

10. txgt

txgt Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1060 6G
    Is it possible to make E3 2012 Focus effect? Without that greenish blurriness that we have now?

11. TheSaiyanVegeta

TheSaiyanVegeta Guest

GPU:
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760ti
    Hopefully this will fix the framerate issues I had with the original .97c, if it doesn't I think I'm gonna go back to 0.8 until the next version comes out.

12. TheSaiyanVegeta

TheSaiyanVegeta Guest

GPU:
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760ti
    I have a GTX 760ti and my game runs at a sub 25FPS pretty much consistently set at ultra texture settings, would my processor have anything to do with that?

13. txgt

txgt Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1060 6G
    I've noticed that Bike and Train headlights don't cast shadows. Can you fix this?

14. kernolsz28

kernolsz28 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 690
    Your processor is plenty enough to run the game on ultra, the 760ti though on ultra is the prob, you'll have to set it on high and use maldo's textures to reatain the look.

15. ImmortalicT

ImmortalicT Guest

GPU:
    GTX 780 OC Gigabyte Wind
    TheWorse, this new update is amazing, I can't believe I can finally play this game w/ little to no lag! And damn maldo's textures look beautiful, thank you soooo much!!!!

Tony, thanks for the file, just preference wise I liked the original DOF and lower fog, thank you for doing that, it's greatly appreciated. Everyones happy lol!!

Quick question, in regards to sweetfx, can someone point in in the direction of a tutorial on how to get it running on windows 8.1? I have never used sweetfx and I think it looks insane layered on top of this mod! Again, thank you guys so much and I appreciate everyones time and effort. And thanks in advance about the sweetfx! You guys rock! :banana:

16. Chokobo

Chokobo Guest

GPU:
    GTX 660ti 2gb
    TheWorse MOD 0.97c + MalDo Textures + Sweet Fx

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xE8UcGyMLBI&feature=youtu.be

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oaPrF6zsMe8&feature=youtu.be

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9BoKpfaXHRA&feature=youtu.be

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bV4S46JajVk&feature=youtu.be

gracias por el mod.......una consulta....hay alguna forma de que las personas y los autos se reflejen en el suelo mientras llueve?
    --
    thanks for the mod ....... a query .... is there any way that people and cars are reflected on the floor while it rains?

17. raul_219

raul_219 Guest

GPU:
    Asus GTX 780 3GB
    Thank you for all the effort!! The game looks incredible and much better than the original. My only problem is that I seem to have less performance with it and the stuttering seems to get worse, even with Maldo textures at High. I can almost fix the stuttering by lowering all graphics settings to High/Med, which I really hate since I have a GTX 780.

PS: Suerte el domingo!! :p

18. KW71

KW71 Guest

GPU:
    gtx 780 3gb
    THEWORSE No te desgastes con los que no gustan de tu Mod; es un desperdicio inútil de energía. Ponte mantequilla, y deja que se te resbale... He hecho mods de texturas para skyrim y oblivion, y siempre va a haber personas que los disfrutan y quienes no. Hacemos trabajo para muchos, pero jamás lograremos que les guste a todos.

Yo por mi parte, estoy disfrutando MUCHO de tu Mod. Muchas gracias.

19. TheSaiyanVegeta

TheSaiyanVegeta Guest

GPU:
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760ti
    That's why I was curious, the guy I quoted shows in the info under his profile info that he's running the same video card I am with everything but reflections set to ultra and getting 45-50 FPS. Only difference between his sytem and mine is the processor which his is clocked at 4.7GHz while mine is only 3.4GHz, he has 12GB's of RAM while I have 16GB's both of which are comparable in performance, and his power supply is bigger which is understandable since I cap out at 330w with my Alienware X51 R2.

20. Tarv

Tarv Guest

GPU:
    EVGA Geforce GTX 780 Clas
    Thank you very much for this.