Battlefield 4 (part 4)

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by hallryu, Mar 1, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AndreasGuido

AndreasGuido Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    Yea ive had that few times, its not a big one!

Cant wait for new maps!

2. sounar

sounar Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080
    just thought i would help anyone who has been recently suffering from microstuttering and fps drops since somewhat since the latest update hit. Create a "user.cfg" read only in BF4 folder where the exe. is, and post these settings and save. My FPS went up by an average of 20fps and smooth as silk gameplay.

RenderDevice.RenderAheadLimit 0
    RenderDevice.TripleBufferingEnable 0
    perfoverlay.drawfps 1

Last edited: Jul 10, 2014
  3. Crowbar

Crowbar Guest

GPU:
    MSi R9 290 GAMING
    Anyone getting constant crashes after the latest patch??

Today I decided to play some rounds in bf4 and it downloaded a patch(1.something gb) and after playing for a while it started crashing. It was okay'ish at first. I could play like a few rounds, but now it just crashes and I can't finish one :( Before the patch I almost didn't have any problems, but now... Is it a sign from up above, that I should stop playing and do something useful like go back to learning programming? :D

Last edited: Jul 10, 2014
  4. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    Also~!

If you are using vsync you can lock your FPS to your refresh rate.

I have a small little screen so mine is 60Hz and using vsync so I force it to a maximum framerate of 60

GameTime.MaxVariableFps 60

BF4 is smooth as butter for me!! and I use 4xAA !!!!

5. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    Through Origin try a repair install on Battlefield 4 and see if it picks anything up.

: T

I can't think of anything else that could be a problem..

6. Crowbar

Crowbar Guest

GPU:
    MSi R9 290 GAMING
    This is weird, but I restarted Origin and launched 32 bit version and I could play for a few hours no prob, where as before it crashed after 15 min...

I guess Battlefield is PMS'ing or something.

7. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Suprim X
    I've some weird graphic issue with shadow mapping switching on/off.

GTX670 337.88, might be my overclock, dunno, pretty annoying tho, and appears randomly.

8. heymian

heymian Guest

GPU:
    ASUS Strix GTX 1080 Ti
    Anyone having problems since last patch? Lots of reports of FPS drops. Also some crashing and apparently hit reg is off again.

9. moab600

moab600 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY 4090 XLR8 24GB
    game works worse than it used to be, so ye i guess there is something about that

10. TaskMaster

TaskMaster Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC Trinity 4080
    works fine for me.

11. Mr_Alexander

Mr_Alexander Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GYGABYTE 3080ti
    Played for couple of hours but did not notice any drops.

12. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Suprim X
    I'm still amazed how long i've been playing games from Battlefield Series, and i always have lot's of fun and spend an insane amount of hours.

This is really the only games series that entertain me so long. Only skipped 2142(played beta, didn't impress me) and Bad Company 1.

The best were Battlefield Desert Combat mod, Bad Company 2, Remember having good time on BF2 withh all add-ons too.

BF2: good old time on LAN at home with couples of friends playing vs bots with dedicated servers lol, damn, that was good.

NB: and i'm not some über heavy player, but 235h on BF3, 347h BF4 (didn't realized i played more than on BF3 damn). WTF all those 12h entertaining game :nerd:

:banana:​

Battlefields' single game are so different, always entertain me.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2014
  13. DesGaizu

DesGaizu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AORUS 3060TI
    I went back to playing some bc2 still a really fun game but bf4 is better imo. Bc2 was the fun arcade version of battlefield, awesome to still see many full servers too even Vietnam dlc :3

14. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    The .50 cal sniper in bc2 is so Sooooo Awesome...

I really hope that in a future bf game they will have a .50 cal sniper like that again.. and I don't mean something you pick up in the game.

They really should try implementing something like a weight system for weapons so you can have a big heavy sniper like that, but you couldn't run around with it and twitch shoot with it, it would be a large weapon that would be difficult to use when walking around with it, but set down on the ground with a bipod and then it would do what it is intended.

The same could be done with Light Machine Guns, they shouldn't be used the way they are currently, they are big heavy weapons, they should be used as such and there should be weight associated to them... Running with them should make you slower.

That way you could class weapons on weight, Light weight weapons like Pistols & PDW's, Medium weight weapons like Carbines & Assault Rifles & DMR's & small caliber Bolt Action Sniper Rifles, then Heavy weight weapons like large caliber Sniper Rifles & LMG.

Other things affected by weight could be all your equipment & gadgets equipped and type of clothes worn..

You could have lots of gear but not be so nimble on your feet, or you could have less gear and be very nimble on your feet.

Also you could choose every item on your player, this includes choosing to carry no primary weapon, or no secondary weapon.

Imagine that.. just choosing a pistol and nothing else.. hahahaha...

It could make for an interesting game mechanic.

: >

Last edited: Jul 12, 2014
  15. ElementalDragon

ElementalDragon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVidia RTX 4090 FE
    so... in other words, you're saying it would be nice for them to in a way do what they did in CoD: Ghosts. Granted, they didn't have it as a "equip less to move faster" kinda thing... but equipping less does allow you to potentially use more perks, including ones to help you get places quicker. You just want them to take it a bit further, and instead of using a "point" system for equipping stuff, have a maximum carry weight.

16. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    I don't know much about CoD Ghosts... I've only played it for one day when it was released and never again......

Never Again.

If what I described is similar.. *shrugs*

xD

17. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Suprim X
    :banana: They should only Slow down Snipers hehe...

18. Xarabas

Xarabas Guest

GPU:
    GTX560Ti
    Good fps game :)

19. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    So I tried to get back into the game after a 2 month brake, but seems like as soon as I try to launch it, no matter what server/test range/campaign the loading screen has like 1 fps and it takes ages to load, and when it does... it crashes ... mmkay.

I was a bit excited fro the new DLC, Battlefest and patches but now that bubble is burst lol.

20. moab600

moab600 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY 4090 XLR8 24GB
    Close afterburner and try relaunch the game, it can cause some issues from time to time, make sure PB is updated.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.