Beginning to regret having built a pc

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by Chaos_Evolved, Jul 9, 2014.

1. Chaos_Evolved

Chaos_Evolved Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 780 3gb
    So the manual reset did nothing

And the setting all to default did nothing

And no I have not tried another gpu in my rig, I will go to the store tomorrow and ask them to run a diag I guess. It looks like I got nothing to go on except RMA the mobo. My thread on overclockers is 10 pages long with no solution

:(

2. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    Last month I went down to the South Island (u know NZ = Islands..:p) anyway short version is I met this chick from Holland and we travelled together for a few days.

We stayed at Wellington Backpackers,this one morning we ordered pancakes for breakfast but you had to go pick them up from kitchen instead of getting served by waitress (backpackers remember). I get mine first and they had maple syrup ofc which I put on as u do.

Got back to the lounge and then her order came. When she came back therer was alll this brown stuff on top of hjer pankakes, I had no idea what it was (at first I thiought vegemite/marmite).
    I was like wtf is that, she told me it was Nutella and said in Netherlands it's customary to put Nutella on pancakes not syrup.

Now ofc that sounds like BS, so anyway a few days later I was chatting with Hilbert I asked him about it, and he said it's normal in the NL...."awesome" actually.

So Is he winding me up or do u guys seriously use Nutella instead of maple syrup?

If anyone thinks I'm joking, here is the evidence. I took a photo.

[​IMG]

3. Chaos_Evolved

Chaos_Evolved Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 780 3gb
  4. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    Sorry, wasn't trying to hijack....back OT. :)

5. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    yes either nutela type or just marmalade

Some with marmalade can be very delicious - wild fruits blackberry, raspberry, etc :D

[​IMG]
    wrapped in a roll

OT
    I think psu should be enough, but you never know. Mine is 650W 52A and it can sustain 4.7ghz OC and gpu @ 1215mhz np in something like latest 3dmarks, etc

Last edited: Jul 9, 2014
  6. BuildeR2

BuildeR2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 4090 TUF OG OC
    Howdy. Read the whole thread and watched your YouTube videos. I have an idea that is a shot in the dark.

My brother (we live together) recently had me build him a new desktop. Mostly the same parts as you, but with an ASUS Z87 mobo and a nVidia 770. He had horrible stuttering and pausing even at the windows desktop and I did everything I could think of to fix it with no success.

I ended up having to disable the onboard GPU from the i5 in the BIOS. That solved all of his issues and it is running fine now. The reason I thought of this is because you mentioned the computer that your 780 worked fine in was using an AMD FX-8350 processor, so no iGPU to mess things up.

I hope this helps, but if not we will keep trying to help you. :)

Edit: Seeing as you have been to tons of forums and have been working on this for weeks, you may have already done this. A few years ago I had an audio recording desktop that was dropping audio and cutting off recordings pretty badly. I would sit on the desktop (in both safe mode then normal boot) with the DPC latency checker open and disable every device I could one by one.

I eventually ended up disabling the wireless internet card and the latency dropped to perfectly normal numbers. I did end up having to get a different wireless card, but it worked out in the end by disabling all possible devices one by one.

7. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    Hey I checked out your video and tbh I don't see or hear anything unusual. If the problem only happens with Chrome maybe try a different browser.

You can't really test latency using a browser anyway it has to be something local like an mp3 from your drive iirc.

Fwiw years ago when ASIO and KXProject were the next big thing, audio dropouts were often traced to multi-core cpu's with speedstep or CnQ enabled.
    There was another one that always popped up but I can't remember what it was. since you have onboard sound it's possibly related to your CPU power states?

Try disable speedstep or C1E and see if that helps.

8. LNCPapa

LNCPapa Master Guru

GPU:
    2xEVGA 1080 Ti FTW3
    Have you tried something other than Youtube? All of your videos are of you having sound issues in Youtube... that could be a flash issue or a browser issue or whatever. What happens if you play a file locally via VLC or some other media player?

9. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF RTX 4070
    You can post here the text report from Latencymon (there is menu item to copy it to clipboard). Be sure that Latencymon "records" the bad behavior you are trying to solve.

10. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    Honestly, I don't have time to go searching for all the forums you're posted on to see what all you've tried and I'm really not interested in watching YT videos. Instead, I'll leave this....

There are only a few real possibilities here.
    1.) Your PSU is defunct, which is supported by the fact that your issue only occurs when your GTX780 is installed.
    2.) There is a compatibility issue between your GTX780 and your Asus Z97-A
    3.) There is a driver/resource conflict

The first thing I'd do, based on what's been posted in this thread thus far, is test with a new, higher power (750watt or higher) PSU.

Quite honestly, I'd have never built that system with less than a 750watt unit. The PSU is one of the most important components in your system and should never, under any circumstances, be skimped on.

It should be..... I'm running a 620watt PSU with a 2600K@4.5ghz w/ HT enabled@1.35v and an HD7950@1200/1400 with no issue. I should be pulling more power than the OP.

If I enable the iGPU on my 2600K with my 7950 installed and running Win8.1, I have the same issue. You just made me feel better.

11. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    I was crazy about that for few years then said screw it if it anit broke leave it be, long as i dont get massive dpc spikes and audio poping i dont mess with it anymore.

they can try the many variations od HPET in the help topic to see if it helps.

Can try puting nvidia card to max performance instead of adaptive, cause i know that can cause dpc spikes,

500-600 us usual the highest for nvidia drivers these days any thing higher and i would suspect some driver issue beyond the norm.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2014
  12. Reddoguk

Reddoguk Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX3090 GB GamingOC
    I had a problem like this before.

It was something to do with Windows installing Generic Device Drivers, like LAN, Audio and others before i even had a chance to install the latest ones from the mobo maker.

It caused conflicts in IRQ and for some reason both the drivers would try running together. I just installed all the latest drivers on to a pen drive, did a fresh install but this time i just pull the internet wire out so it couldn't do windows updates.

I then installed all the correct drivers from the right places then put the ethernet cable back in to update windows. Never got the problem after that.

13. Corrupt^

Corrupt^ Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 3090 FE
    Usually is related to this:

• Driver issue
    • An actual broken part
    • Rarely (I never had issues but back when I went nuts for DPC latency I did reduce latency alot this way) IRQ Resources being shared

So check which devices are sharing IRQ with your NVIDIA card (I'm assuming you've tried drivers and the parts are working).

Though NVIDIA drivers and anything Network related is pretty much the biggest reason for a DPC spike on my PC.

(I also do this for my NVIDIA card http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=378044)

Last edited: Jul 10, 2014
  14. clawhamer

clawhamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 780 Classified

haha... just realized there was pancakes in the photo...

(.)(.)

:evilgrin:

15. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    Yeah on the day I picked her up we crossed on the 10pm ferry then decided to get a twin share in Wellington.

So we're in the room unpacking our stuff and suddenly she strips down to her underwear (apricot lace panties), grabs a towel and heads off for the shower.
    She was 18 with the body of a goddess.

I was standing literally 2ft away, trying to act casual while keeping my jaw off ground and my eyes off her tits. :D

My sister traveled in the Netherlands and said people are really laid back there.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2014

16. Leodie

Leodie Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti