Exclusive: Upcoming games to support Mantle

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Rich_Guy, Jul 9, 2014.

1. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    Source : Videocardz / http://www.guru3d.com/news-story/more-trippe-a-titles-to-support-mantle.html

BIB, I can't see GTA5 getting Mantle, as its a Nvidia Gameworks, also in the list on there, its got Mantle support pending for COD: Advanced Warfare, but that'll be Gamesworks as well won't it ?

2. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Supported on launch or a patch that comes 6 months after?

3. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    BF HL has mantle support in the BETA that just happened. As mantle is now fully integrated into Frostbite engine. So any upcoming frostbite games will have the mantle option at launch. This means the next Need For Speed, FIFA, Dragon Age, Battlefield Hardline, Battlfield 5, etc will have mantle support out of the gate.

That is a bigger deal than people think, seen as Frostbite is arguably one of the best engines out there, and EA are one of if not the biggest game publisher in the industry.

4. Kezen

Kezen Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 4080 X TRIO
    Where have you read GTA 5 and COD are Nvidia sponsored games ?

It's possible they are working closely with AMD instead.

Holy ****ing **** if GTA 5 and COD support Mantle, I hope they do but I don't think that will happen.

5. cala86

cala86 Guest

GPU:
    gtx 580@915
    I am a Nvidia user now, but i really want a strong line of AMD product and a good software ecosystem, money is hard to gain and we need a world where those nice pieces of hardware costs as less as possible. Mantle, if developed seriously, could be a strong boost for AMD in the competition with Nvidia. One of the results of a strong competition is a good price, so go amd! And fix those f***ing blue-black screen, and other problem with r9 series, or i'll keep my gtx 580 for another two years :D

6. Equinoxe

Equinoxe Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980 TI GAMING SLI
    Just wait for DX12 and mantle is dead.....

7. DarkKnightDude

DarkKnightDude Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX770 4 GB OC
    Its not like COD really needs Mantle. GTA5 on the other hand...

Dying Light is confirmed. Weird because Techland is an Nvidia title isn't it?

8. schmidtbag

schmidtbag Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asrock 7700XT
    Some of these games (such as Sims 4) will REALLY be able to take advantage of Mantle, due to high overall CPU usage and high amounts of individual objects being rendered. Sims has always been appealing to casual gamers too (not ONLY casual gamers) who tend to have crappier systems. Games like COD... probably won't do anything for anyone.

9. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio

Im sure i saw GTA 5 to use Gameworks somewhere, as when it was announced, i thought be great if it used Mantle, but then i saw it was a Nvidia, so :(, and wasn't it Nvidia who let slip that it was indeed coming for PC, so its bound to be one of theirs.

Its also on their GeForce site, and its also on the Max Payne 3 engine, which was a Nvidia game, and the CODs, have always been Nvidias havn't they.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2014
  10. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    Sleeping Dogs: Triad Wars... wait whaaaat??! First time I hear about this, and I'm a huge Sleeping Dogs fan, nice! Also, I'm not surprised that Square Enix games get Mantle, same as with EA titles, they always work close with AMD.

However if GTA5 gets Mantle then AMD will hit the spot big time, funny though, I had the impression that nvidia would "buy off" GTA5 in this regard, seems not. :)

11. kosh_neranek

kosh_neranek Guest

GPU:
    Palit GTX 1070@2101 Boost
    All am hoping is that Win 9 is gonna come sooner rather than later (start of 2015) and that DX12 is gonna be as quick as mantle. Am surely not gonna jump the team just because of mantle which is still only supported by very few games.And I simply can't see a reason for mantle once DX 12 will be out

12. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    Id love to see AMD taking GTA and COD off Nvidia, i just can't see it. :p

13. lorikano

lorikano Master Guru

GPU:
    2x Sapphire 7950@1150
    If AMD grabs gta 5 and COD ,I'm gonna get a Mantle tattoo. :banana:

14. lorikano

lorikano Master Guru

GPU:
    2x Sapphire 7950@1150
    You should know that Mantle=DX12 and so far we are going to make due with what we have ,so don't feel so sad if AMD users get dx12 before Nvidia.

15. Kezen

Kezen Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 4080 X TRIO
    I can't find GTA 5 on the Geforce site and no mention whatsoever of Gameworks in the GTA 5 PC announcement. It's definitely possible it will be a Gameworks title but nothing official thus far.
    And neither is this Mantle games list by the way. I really can't imagine Rockstar supporting AMD and Mantle.

COD Ghosts was a Gameworks game indeed but I don't see how that means AW will be too. Again, they are not PC focused at all so I have trouble believing they would bother with Mantle.

It's nice to dream though.

16. zer0_c0ol

zer0_c0ol Ancient Guru

GPU:
    FuryX cf
    pls go to ign comment section and post crap

17. zer0_c0ol

zer0_c0ol Ancient Guru

GPU:
    FuryX cf
    i will marry if gta5 gets mantle...

18. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Not sure about Advanced Warfare and GTA 5 because of their Nv association but more choices is never a bad thing.

19. DesGaizu

DesGaizu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AORUS 3060TI
    GTA5 with mantle would be yummy but I'm not gonna hold my breath most of the other games on that list I would expect them to ship with mantle anyways. (minus cod)

20. Agonist

Agonist Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900xtx Black
    Remember how long it took for Nvidia to have DX11 card to the market.

GTA5 and mantle will be awesome. I could flat out not give a DAMN about COD unless its remake or reboot of the original game.