After hours testing... Watch Dogs (E3 Bloom effect working) # Part 2

Discussion in 'Game Tweaks and Modifications' started by TheWorse, Jun 22, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cuban Legend

Cuban Legend Active Member

GPU:
    ASUS 770GTX DCU2-OC
    I'm noticing this all the time. I wish it would stay like the top image... nothing against the fog but I kinda wish we had the option to have a default TOD like in the top screen without any adjustments (this would be for multiplayer visibility purposes)

2. SuddenFool

SuddenFool Guest

GPU:
    660 GTX 2GB ram
    so far im having a blast with this mod altho the fog which is a nice touch just seems out of place and not really realistic doing day hours and kinda throws me out of the immersion im trying to get.

still the work on the mod have massively improved my preformance and makes the game look better in general.

Cheers mate

3. TheSaiyanVegeta

TheSaiyanVegeta Guest

GPU:
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760ti
    .97b increased my FPS by about 15 over 0.8! Bring on .97c!! :)

4. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    Can someone tell me in 10 words or less how/where to install 0.8? The original instructions seem a bit out dated because I don't have any of the folders mentioned:

I see WDT_Data others, do they need to be copypasted or can I run this from separate directory..or?

Thx

Last edited: Jul 9, 2014

5. william456

william456 Guest

GPU:
    MSI Titan X
  6. TonyMBR

TonyMBR Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 770 SC ACX 2GB
    I would like that this game had such changes automatically, like, one entire day of cold weather, foggy, and then a rainy one, followed by a sunny day, of course at a random pace and all...

But I know it's not possible due to engine limitations, so I would also feel content with a more colorful and vivid lighting like in the first screen as well. :)

Obs.: GTA IV has weather changes like the ones I mentioned above. :rolleyes:

7. Omerta

Omerta Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 760 OC 4GB
    Exactly this.. This is precisely the point..

TheWorse - Do not change too much fog, is acting more realistic..

Thank you .. When I get back from work I try 0.97b.. :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

8. lewis.c

lewis.c Guest

GPU:
    HD7870OC
    Thats AMAZING :cheers:

9. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    bump....

10. andressergio

andressergio Master Guru

GPU:
    GALAX GTX 1080Ti HOF SLI
    I still can't get rid of the horrible stutter...:( runing tri sli here of 780, even on medium will do horrible drops to 15fps :(

11. Aliti_308

Aliti_308 Guest

GPU:
    780 sli
    Hi,

Simple installation question.

I have yet to install this mod and can see .97 only has a couple of files so I assume I need to install the .8 mod then update those two files from the .97 mod?

Is this correct?

12. antonyfrn

antonyfrn Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 FTW
    Does this still need the change to the xml as I see no changes from vanilla.

13. al0258

al0258 Guest

GPU:
    GTX 980 SOC G1
    thank you theworse i will try 0.97b as soon as i leave the shelter
    missels are falling out of the sky

14. Corbus

Corbus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Moist 6900 XT
    Have you tried with one card only? Maybe because the game is so ****ty coded it causes a conflict with your sli and making the stutters even worse than with single card.

with this 0.97b lowest dip i saw was in the 40s but usually its 55+ avg with ultra 1080p and 2x txaa ...15fps dips is weird,even for WD. Or are you playing on a monster res?

15. alessandrobutti

alessandrobutti Guest

GPU:
    Gtx670 2GB
    Sorry man, but you are asking to not change something when you have not tryed the 0.97b yourself?

We are asking to reduce a little the fog in the next release just because it is too much! WE HAVE TRYED the 0.97, the 0.97b and we are suggesting improvements over a really good mod.

It's ok if you like fog because "it's realistic", but it's realistic in foggy days, not all time with good weather! With good weather i'd like a way less fog (still noticeable) and that wold be true realistic because of air pollution!!!

16. Painkilller

Painkilller Guest

GPU:
    nVidia680m 2gb in sli
    Disabling the sli is the ONLY thing that got rid of the stut stut stutters from this pi55 poorly optimized game.

Stinks to have to run it with 1 darn card. But, for anyone still having the stutters, try single gpu. Fixed it immediately for me. Tried several mods, and many different option configs.

It doesn't matter if I play with the graphics cranked to the max, or down low. Stutters....

Single gpu: no stutters.

Gotta admit: I don't think there are any mods that will help with my growing boredom with this game. Not even half way finished. Just can't compete with GTA5, imho. *shrugs*

17. Andreas17498

Andreas17498 Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte Gtx 760 (2gb)
    The mod is amazing, but at daytime the game is washed out and dull. The bloom is almost gone. Especially when you are at the outskirts of the city, it looks way worse than 0.8. I will download the 0.97b and see how it goes

18. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    bump

19. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    bump

20. zatoichi23

zatoichi23 Member