After hours testing... Watch Dogs (E3 Bloom effect working) # Part 2

Discussion in 'Game Tweaks and Modifications' started by TheWorse, Jun 22, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FriskyNoodle

FriskyNoodle Guest

GPU:
    1070 Seahawk X

LOL the games textures are so stupid, removing mips just makes them way more aliased, they are bad either way, but why remove mips when it ****s with the texture rendering. I guess its okay for grass, but maybe in the furthest LOD no mips, but thats just awful.

2. Bullern

Bullern Guest

GPU:
    Geforce GTX 680 2GB
    Hi, I'm Bullern. Don't remember if I have posted here before or not. But I'm big fan of the mod like many others.

TheWorse, There is one little detail that keeps bugging me. The camera angle on Pearce. I don't know or remember if you modified that camera but I have an issue that when pointing the camera upwards, it moves longer away from Pearce. And have the opposite effect when looking downwards, taking the camera closer to Pearce.

I think it would be more preferable if the camera angle could just stay the same. There is a less complex, more effective way to configure the angle. If you use a program called Flawless Widescreen, you can utilize a FOV fix for Aiden Pearce. And adjust how far or close you want the camera to be.
    And it doesn't create any weird effects of it either. And it is real simple to use. In the options you can just set the FOV keys on the numpad and just push one of them to move the camera to your liking.
    The program will save it, but you have to open it every time you want to use the modified camera.

3. TheWorse

TheWorse Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX680@1300/6900
    I can't make a detailed list of the changed textures, I said in the changelog that I've changed and made some textures, the rest I guess people will notice in-game

About the DOF, it wasn't a bug the slow focus, I wanted it like that, but after a while I've decided to reset it back to vaas settings. Distance has been changed tho. So it should be better.

FOG has been reduced again for 0.97c, and MalDo textures are going to be included in that version. I saw that there is no negative effects on using them as it was before with the aliasing.

MalDo textures are not included in the last versions I uploaded, I just said that they worked just fine, so maybe you misunderstood. Anyways download will be available tomorrow.

Camera movement angle will be reset to default, camera angle will stay the same.

4. TonyMBR

TonyMBR Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 770 SC ACX 2GB
    The Worse, are you aware that now the TOD only passes when Aiden walks or we rotate the camera? Pay attention to the projected building shadows on the ground and you'll see.

I mean, was that intended to work like that or not? I've only noticed it on 0.97b, did not pay attention to it on 0.97v.

If you're still not aware of it, could you confirm this issue?

Last edited: Jul 9, 2014

5. TheWorse

TheWorse Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX680@1300/6900
    It was intended, and mostly for testing. That was the shadow delay movement that i've increased in order to see if it affected the trees and coat movement speed. But no, so i'm going to remove the delay for 0.97c.

6. TonyMBR

TonyMBR Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 770 SC ACX 2GB
    Thank you for the reply. :)

7. jim2point0

jim2point0 Guest

GPU:
    Asus Strix 2080TI
    Looks like I should pass on .97b and give .98c a try. The fog (from screens I've seen) looks a bit too much. In broad daylight there's severely limited visibility. Seems kinda strange.

I've completed the game but I might start it back up again if this mod turns out to be worth it :)

8. Kersey

Kersey Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia
    Try extracting the file from the .rar again. It happened to me where the full file didn't extract the first time so I extracted again and it worked.

9. revlisoft

revlisoft Guest

GPU:
    780 GTX
    Thanks for the mod 0.97b mod. Looks great and works great!

10. MSGWright

MSGWright Guest

GPU:
    780ti
    great work once again, I'm also going to restart the game with .97c! thanks The"best"Worse

11. parthianshot19

parthianshot19 Guest

GPU:
    GTX 770 OC
    To the Worse. THANK YOU SO MUCH for all your hard work. I love everything about your mod except the fog. Its just a little to much. I know you said you will release your .97C tomorrow with Maldos textures, could you also PLEASE release a .97C version WITHOUT Maldo's textures as well???? I use Sunsets textures instead. If you can't release a .97C version without Maldo, could you PLEASE leave an instruction on how to remove Maldo or would I just be able to copy over Maldo with SUNSET?? I'm not sure that's possible, because if I did that I wouldn't know which are your textures files when it ask if you want to copy over files or skip them. Again The Worse you are the man and thank you for persevering over all the haters:):):)

12. Cru_N_cher

Cru_N_cher Guest

GPU:
    MSI NX8800GT OC
    I don't see it that way you change also a lot to your liking but not essentially a technical improvement that fogy look is sure not a good thing @ all and not like Ubisoft wanted the environment to be and it is totally unrealistic also.

A Clean Render output is much more preferable :)

13. TheWorse

TheWorse Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX680@1300/6900
    Why should I care about Ubisoft? They should care about what they do with their games, instead of working just for the money at least deliver a good product. I do what I want just because. And the fog will be reduced, I said it too many times.

14. russianlove

russianlove Guest

GPU:
    gainward gtx660
    The game now is looking INCREDIBLE and AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I am now the happiest man on the earth !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THEWORSE
    Thank YOU !!! Thank YOU !!! Thank YOU !!! Thank YOU !!! Thank YOU !!! Thank YOU !!! Thank YOU !!! Thank YOU !!! Thank YOU !!! Thank YOU !!! Thank YOU !!! Thank YOU !!! Thank YOU !!! Thank YOU !!! Thank YOU !!! Thank YOU !!! Thank YOU !!! Thank YOU !!! Thank YOU !!! Thank YOU !!! Thank YOU !!! Thank YOU !!! Thank YOU !!! Thank YOU !!! thank YOU !!! Thank YOU !!! Thank YOU !!! Thank YOU !!! Thank YOU !!! Thank YOU !!! Thank YOU !!! Thank YOU !!! Thank YOU !!! Thank YOU !!! Thank YOU !!! Thank YOU !!! Thank YOU !!! Thank YOU !!! Thank YOU !!! Thank YOU !!! Thank YOU !!! Thank YOU !!! Thank YOU !!! Thank YOU !!! Thank YOU !!! Thank YOU !!! Thank YOU !!! Thank YOU !!!

15. TonyMBR

TonyMBR Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 770 SC ACX 2GB
    I don't really see a problem with fog itself, I think it's a nice effect by the way.

The only issue I see is this game doesn't seem to deal alright with transitions, what causes it to show abruptely "inside to outside" differences/changes. Seems like we've travelled to another town which has a completely different weather in a matter of seconds.

Inside a garage...
    [​IMG]

and then, a few steps forward.
    [​IMG]

16. Sh1ny

Sh1ny Guest

GPU:
    gtx870m 3gb
    wow the worse u out did urself. looks amazing well done. its a little power hungry in the woody areas for my setup but I can adjust a bit. alls good tho thank you.

17. cmh175

cmh175 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 770 Classified

That may just be the crap programming of the game though. Ubisoft handled this game like a group of drunken six year olds.

18. TonyMBR

TonyMBR Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 770 SC ACX 2GB
    For sure.

It seems they've taken 5+ years to develop an engine that can't even recognize weather variants when you look from the inside of a building. :confused:

19. cmh175

cmh175 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 770 Classified
    The window reflections aren't even in real time lol, there the same prerendered image in every one.

20. TonyMBR

TonyMBR Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 770 SC ACX 2GB
    Yes, in the vanilla version it has actually nothing reflecting, only a distorted "something", because I don't know what is that LoL

About the fog, it may be a hint of why they've taken it completely out of their final release version. They simply couldn't fix it, at least not in time, just as the other effects as well, at some point they all may present a particular problem that would show up sooner or later.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.