After hours testing... Watch Dogs (E3 Bloom effect working) # Part 2

Discussion in 'Game Tweaks and Modifications' started by TheWorse, Jun 22, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. alessandrobutti

alessandrobutti Guest

GPU:
    Gtx670 2GB
    quote.
    good step forward from the 0.8, but in 0.97b there is still too much white fog in the daytime.

Performances are comparable to the 0.8 without maldo's textures.

In this sense i hope you'll release a 0.97c (with maldo textures merged in and lighter fog) in order to give a performance boost.

Haven't seen rain yet but maybe it's because i'm unlucky!

Keep up the good work, theWorse!

2. schidddy

schidddy Member

GPU:
    Sapphire 290x Crossfire
    first, thanks for the work TW, looks great so far, overall, fps have increased eventhough im not using maldos texures anymore like they were in 0.8.

Now i'd like to point out two things thats buging me alot:

since my crossfirerig can produce more then a hundred fps, aidens coat is moving like a lighting, way too fast so that it looks completly unnatural lol

also the trees are moving much to fast looking like electrified frogs or something like that. Since everyone has different rigs and performances, i'd like to ask u to point me out to the values i have to change to adapt these things to my preference, so that i can change it out myself.

i know how to unpack and repack so that should be no problem for me to change it myself.

i almost forgot: fog is too much present, maybe u can also point me out exactly which value it is to change the amount of fog, so i can change it my self.

tjx again for everything!!

3. TheWorse

TheWorse Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX680@1300/6900
    In 0.97b trees and aidens coat should move correctly.

Physics unfortunately in this game work depending on your fps. It was optimized for 30 fps, so if you want to get it working properly you'll have to cap the fps.

About the fog, I'll decrease it for 0.97c with MalDo textures, which I will upload before going to sleep. So tomorrow you'll be able to download it.

4. cmh175

cmh175 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 770 Classified
    I didn't get a chance to test it too much, but the fog seemed fine to me. Are you guys also using a sweetfx setting? I think TW's sweetfx has film grain on or something, that could be what some of you are seeing. I haven't compared to vanilla or .08 yet but the daytime fog looked fine (is it really too much, or just different guys?). As for performance it's pretty good (had it maxed out at 1080p) was able to drive around pretty well at full speed. I'll probably drop the textures down to high to actually play the game, but that's mostly bc I don't want this horribly optimized game to melt my pc lol.

Guys v0.97b already has Maldo's textures included. If at medium -> ultra you're still getting poor performance you can always try adding Sunsets textures. A fix for Crossfire and SLI has already been found. I don't remember what it was exactly but if you search this thread you'll find it. It wont be hard to add.

I'd say as is, or at least with Sunsets textures, the game is probably as good as we can hope for before degrading quality for performance. Beyond that it probably has to fall to UBI.

This looks great to me and performs quite well. I suppose a few things could use some tweaking for the final v1.0 along with anything else you're working on, but there's nothing I think really needs fixing.

5. Ebefren

Ebefren Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire tri-x R9 290X
    Awesome work.... too foggy, (its like a smog-day in Shangai, lol) but i think this can be correct someway. Underthat the mod works greatly !!! :banana::)

6. Benson30

Benson30 Guest

GPU:
    AMD 7870 2gb
    Yes too foggy, the fps and the trees are now good for me and you should make the headlights with more bloom, brighter like in the e3 version

7. cmh175

cmh175 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 770 Classified
    Well the consensus is too much fog. I suppose lowering it, what, 10-15% would do? I think the headlights look great though.

8. nanogenesis

nanogenesis Guest

GPU:
    MSI R9 390X 1178|6350
    Are you talking about the CPU core unparking fix?

9. Warpy

Warpy Guest

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Excellent job TW, only suggestion is to increase the distance when the DOF kicks in. I find its too blury for objects that require focus creating an unrealistic setting. Other than that, its awesome!

10. Smiley_ie

Smiley_ie Guest

GPU:
    3090 Alphacool
    Great Job TW. DOF take about 10% of walking and gun.
    Cheers

11. OverlordDoorpy

OverlordDoorpy Guest

GPU:
    GTX 770 2GB
    Decrease the fog and the glow in the distance like when the sun goes down and everything should be fine.

Also, still no fix for the lack of phone zoom out animation after reloading?

12. nanogenesis

nanogenesis Guest

GPU:
    MSI R9 390X 1178|6350
    Wow. Maldo and TheWorse, thank you.

Those who want v0.8b Maldo Textures:
    Find the Disrupt tools, its on another thread. Extract it to a file. Now drag the patch.fat file onto Disrupt.Unpack.exe . Then unpack 0.97b file as well. Copy contents of 0.97b onto the 0.8b contents. Rename the file to "patch" (idk if the packer does it auto, just to be safe). Drag the patch folder on Disrupt.Pack.exe . If it works right, you should see bokeh dynamic dof in the game.

13. cmh175

cmh175 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 770 Classified
    No this here seems to be the SLI/Crossfire fix.

You guys keep asking for an awful lot. He already mentioned if it's been included or fixed it's in the changelog. You don't need to ask him. Otherwise anything new he already has plans for. If there are features missing you'd like you can always learn to do it yourself.

14. cmh175

cmh175 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 770 Classified
    They're already in the current version.

15. Campacci2k

Campacci2k Guest

GPU:
    R9 280X 3 GB
    The trees have a life? Even in the fix they are unreal.

Also: The sun is greenish color.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2014

16. kriskus24

kriskus24 Guest

GPU:
    Asustek GTX 560M - 2GB
    THEWORSE!!!!!
    you have never disappointed me! your 0.97b mod is so gooooooooood, performance also appearance both are epic!! tons of thanks to you, maldo, and vaas now i can experience watchdogs to the fullest!!!!

17. Cuban Legend

Cuban Legend Active Member

GPU:
    ASUS 770GTX DCU2-OC
    I noticed you "upgraded" other textures you didn't make note of in the full changelog, the water texture, the vegetation (grass texture), and the trees texture. I can tell because I always play with medium textures and the high/ultra versions are a very, very clear difference.

I love your texture changes so far, it makes playing on "Medium" textures much prettier! Please would you mind sharing a true detailed list of what other textures you changed/upgraded?

Also, one suggestion for [highlight]a bug I noticed:[/highlight] The DOF unfocus time in the standing/walking camera is very slow (like 4-5 seconds). It's fast in every other camera though (fast in running/swimming/driving cameras)... would you be able to fix that in version 0.97c? Thanks again for taking this bug into consideration.

18. nanogenesis

nanogenesis Guest

GPU:
    MSI R9 390X 1178|6350
    No it is not. He has even said 0.97c will have Maldo textures. Get your facts straight.

19. cmh175

cmh175 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 770 Classified
    Dude...

He may not have explicitly said so, but the textures in game match v0.8 too. Either way it's not important, .97c will have us covered.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2014
  20. xShafted

xShafted Guest

GPU:
    GTX 760 2g VRam
    My game is no longer launching..... Everytime I press Play from uplay, nothing comes up and the "Thank you for playing Watch Dogs" box comes up... I've tried running as admin, I even re-downloaded the game and still nothing is working...

Please help

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.