After hours testing... Watch Dogs (E3 Bloom effect working) # Part 2

Discussion in 'Game Tweaks and Modifications' started by TheWorse, Jun 22, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Boxer152

Boxer152 Guest

GPU:
    r9 290 trix
    And in a folder sweetfx then preset Ther is a file battlefield 3...... its normal?

2. NachoPiggy

NachoPiggy Guest

GPU:
    GTX 480 1.5 GB 850Mhz OC
    Hi! Been lurking around here for a while now and decided to sign up now to personally say that so far TheWorse's 0.97 is the best looking mod so far right now. The fog brings out a lot of atmosphere, the rain really hits the cyberpunk feeling nicely and the bloom + color grading looks way better than the washed out default looks. The heavy performance issues are the only thing that's stopping me from playing the game fully right now, but I've seen your blog post that a quick hotfix is already about to be uploaded soon so I'm happy. Just a personal gripe is the camera when looking upwards is too weird, but I managed to tweak that myself out personally to bring back the default camera. Looking forward definitely on the hopefully most stable and finished 1.0 release. Keep up the good work!

SweetFX comes with some presets, and Battlefield 3 is among them, it does nothing unless you copy it over the same location where the game exe and dll hook for SweetFX. So yes it is normal.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2014
  3. cmh175

cmh175 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 770 Classified
    It was at the top of this page.

4. Boxer152

Boxer152 Guest

GPU:
    r9 290 trix
    So y must past the folder sweetfx also?

5. AsuraX

AsuraX Guest

GPU:
    12G
    So far I've noticed with V-Sync my FPS goes to 20. I have a GTX 670, so Idk why this is happening. Also when I go borderless my fps on average is about 35.

There is far to much fog, however during the rain this is perfect. After not so much.

6. Boxer152

Boxer152 Guest

GPU:
    r9 290 trix
    I feel that the colors are slightly blue no?

7. Kellan

Kellan Guest

GPU:
    SLi MSi GTX780 OC
    In the last version (v0.97) during the day looks too white, and I almost can't see anything.

The performance drops too much also.

8. flexinho

flexinho Guest

GPU:
    KFA2 RTX 3060 Ti 8G
    If I use TheWorse SweetFX preset my screen gets all black. If i disable it, it gets normal. What could I do?

9. Benson30

Benson30 Guest

GPU:
    AMD 7870 2gb
    Can you bring back the e3 gas station explosion? Btw the fps drops around 16fps from 35 sometimes for aprox. 5secs, and the cars headlights should have more bloom effect like they should be brighter just an advice :) and i noticed the tree leaves' shadows are flickering and they are huge otherwise really nice mod!

10. tey

tey Guest

GPU:
    7950 3gb
    very nice work, fps is seemingly capped at around 25-40fps on my rig but very playable

11. TheWorse

TheWorse Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX680@1300/6900
    If you are using my preset and your screen goes black try to disable some of the stuff I've enabled to use. I don't have other solution because it should work just fine.

12. TonyMBR

TonyMBR Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 770 SC ACX 2GB
    @The Worse

FANTASTIC!

Colors, physics, I just love the new speed animation to Aiden's coat, rain is more than incredible, so intense and "alive". I say it loses nothing to E3 2012 trailer, except of course, due to Gas station explosion, which is something you can't/haven't yet found how to insert into the game. However, fire sources are now reacting to wind, so many particles and lights. This is what I call "living environment".

Some pictures I've taken at Medium Textures (Temporal SMAA)/Ultra graphics settings + Maldo Textures merged without overwriting The Worse's patch, which is the setting I use to play. Completely smooth framerate and no stuttering.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. Mr. Happy

Mr. Happy Guest

GPU:
    Radeon HD5770 1Gb GDDR5
    Thank you for answering cmh175... I see what TheWorse has replyed but I still don't understand how to do it.

14. jmx777

jmx777 Guest

GPU:
    GTX 750 TI @ 1400/6200
    Question

@TheWorse

Will the version 0.97b whit Maldo's textures overwrites the new textures you've made???

Thx!

15. Cuban Legend

Cuban Legend Active Member

GPU:
    ASUS 770GTX DCU2-OC
    Excuse me but as far as I've known MalDo's textures are only applied under "High" Texture Settings. Playing with "Medium" textures basically doesn't use MalDo's textures.

If I'm wrong, may MalDo himself correct me please.

16. parthianshot19

parthianshot19 Guest

GPU:
    GTX 770 OC
    Please someone tell the software I need to open up patch.dat files so I can put textures into this mod. Thank you!

17. jmx777

jmx777 Guest

GPU:
    GTX 750 TI @ 1400/6200
    I'm not Maldo but i can assure you thah whit his textures medium result as high the same whit high as ultra.

:)

Sorry for my grammar

18. nanogenesis

nanogenesis Guest

GPU:
    MSI R9 390X 1178|6350
    Maldo's texture 'hack' replaces several low res textures with high res textures, even in Medium, but with low poly count. Medium and high have a difference in poly count as well.

19. TheWorse

TheWorse Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX680@1300/6900
    0.97b with MalDo textures work just fine.

I did my best with the performance and the rest so far. Performance should be the same as vanilla with really improved stuttering. I don't really know a more effective way to increase performance without reducing quality. So I'll leave this like it is now.

This is a comparisson between vanilla and 0.97b

Vanilla:
    [​IMG]

0.97b:
    [​IMG]

20. Cuban Legend

Cuban Legend Active Member

GPU:
    ASUS 770GTX DCU2-OC
    Interesting, I'm not sure how I feel about the foggy look, I know that Distant DOF can be turned off ingame but the fog has no possible ingame adjustment, correct?

I'm excited to try it out for the performance benefits!

interesting... has MalDo confirmed this himself before? I ask because the screenshots from that post look like lower resolution medium textures to me (especially the rainy road textures).

Last edited: Jul 9, 2014
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.