World Cup Brasil 2014

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by WhiteLightning, Dec 4, 2013.

1. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    lol its so funny reading all the sour comments around the internet that holland won.
    Calling the team cheaters and stuff, saying krull should have not been let on. like WTF ?

2. k3vst3r

k3vst3r Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KP3090
    sour grapes :)

3. Andrés

Andrés Guest

Yeah the truth is that Van Gaal did a genius move that last minute.

4. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    Out of the 4 teams left Brazil is my least favourite, but they will have the crowd and that will matter a lot I think. I still hope for a Germany-Holland finale, but I wouldn't mind Argentina either. :D

5. evasiondutch

evasiondutch Guest

GPU:
    2x-MSI gaming 290x 4gb OC
    Hope Holland reach final, and match will between Holland - Germany and we finally win after 40 years(1974 final Holland - Germany) a revenge is NEEDED.

We only lost agains Argentina in 8 WC matches 1 time(World Cup final 1978) so our track record agains Argentina is very good.

Last edited: Jul 7, 2014
  6. brunopita

brunopita Guest

GPU:
    MSI Gaming R9 270X 2GB
    Bebeto played very well with Romário, that was a great advantage to both. Fred is having a really bad time, he's good when he gets the ball close to the goal, however this is not happening. In the last game he finally moved closer to the defense to touch the ball and try something.

7. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    In my opinion Bebeto was crap without Romario and Romario was great with or without Bebeto.
    Fred needs to go take up Ice hockey or something....:)

8. Ade 1

Ade 1 Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 690
    Other than the Costa Rica match, the other 3 games were just boring. I can see this happening again with the semi-finals and also the final.

Bring back the group stages when the matches were so much more exciting and fun to watch.

9. proFits

proFits Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080
    I'm calling it here and now: Germany VS Holland Finals

Müller scores the winning goal on a penalty kick from a dive!

GOOOOO MANNSCHAFT

10. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    A European team has never won the cup when its been hosted in south American country although there is always time for a first.

11. AndreasGuido

AndreasGuido Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    Perfect pairs! 3rd place: Brazil vs Argentina, Final: Germany vs Holland!

12. brunopita

brunopita Guest

GPU:
    MSI Gaming R9 270X 2GB
    Before the World Cup my 4 top teams were (in this order): Germany, Holland, Brazil, Belgium.

Got it pretty close.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2014
  13. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    Mine were Brazil, Argentina and Germany. However it changes with each tournament. I said Brazil or Argentina for the win way back in April 2013 post no2 of this thread which was well over a year ago:)

14. WhiteLightning

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    Did you just blindly guess Holland would be in , or analyse it ?

Many people (including me) had written them off and thought they would loose every match in the first round. Spain,Chile and Australia are hard to beat.

Everyone in my country is hoping for a Germany - Holland final, so we could end (if we would win) all the trauma's of the last 40 years.

15. Black_ice_Spain

Black_ice_Spain Guest

GPU:
    5700XT
    for real it was like that

krull's attitude in the penalty kicks was just stupid, talking with the players and such, not sure if that's allowed, if I were CR player i would have smashed his face.

anyways get used to it, if you win, people always trashtalks about your team, its funny how 4 years ago spain was "oh so nice a pseudo-small team wins, how good football they do" and last month it was the other way around like if people was waiting for this during years xD.

16. WhiteLightning

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    Wish you would have played then as you would have been sent off with a red card. would have been great during penalties :banana:
    His attitude was great, he wanted to break concentration of the players which he did :banana:

Well no offense, but people were waiting for it. Most countries hate spain because their dominance over the last years. (also because many barcelona players were so good). They were outstanding with tiki taka, but it got tiresome after all those years.

17. Black_ice_Spain

Black_ice_Spain Guest

GPU:
    5700XT
    not really, a red card means just switching shooters.

Well, if you call that great...I already saw everything after last WC finals were according to dutchies, holland played fair and correctly :3eyes:, so I will accept ship as sea animal.

for real he didnt, they were just a non-experienced/not so used to be in vimportant competitions, team playing a penalty round in WC quarterfinals, what do you expect?

Betting on ger vs holland in the finals and ger wins the WC.

18. WhiteLightning

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    Brian ruiz is experienced though he missed. I expected him to make the goal

19. Black_ice_Spain

Black_ice_Spain Guest

GPU:
    5700XT
    I mean, other kind of experience, playing in Fullham is okay, but is not manchester, Rmadrid, barcelona... you only get this in champions league and maybe at UEFA, sometimes in national cup, but they have far less impact.

At clubs level i think that's the only possible comparison with WC.

And of course, players sometimes miss :p. IMO it was not the GK what got you the semifinals, but your shooters, it was 4/4 already...

20. WhiteLightning

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    Isnt that the same for krul then ? He missed loads of penalties before the wc , and now he stopped 2.
    IMHO its luck of the draw. How many times have we seen experienced players miss, or hit the ball out of the stadium ? Experience means nothing.
    Holland has a penalty trauma, happened lots of times before. all because experienced players missed.

Krul stopped 2 penalties. (out of 5) , id say he did contribute to the win.