MOUSE Guide

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by Corrupt^, Dec 29, 2010.

1. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    35$ !!

2. rflair

rflair Don Coleus Staff Member

GPU:
    5700XT
    Dell sent out $50 gift codes to random people on their mailing list in Canada, luckily I got one, brought the price of the mouse down from $80.

3. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    damn nice.

So question for people here seeing i cant answer on logitech forums and there site says one thing and microceter/newegg and all those sites say something else.

G400s does it or does it not have Tilt wheel (AKA left/right click on the scroll) that I can customize like my MX1100? if not that leaves me with G500s

4. rflair

rflair Don Coleus Staff Member

GPU:
    5700XT
    No it does not.

Excellent mouse none the less if you can live without tilt.

Last edited: Jul 7, 2014

5. DerSchniffles

DerSchniffles Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3080Ti

I just got this mouse a couple of months ago. I love it, fits my hand so nice and has a nice feel to it (did that on purpose haha).

But for realzies, I <3 this mouse. Still working on getting good settings personally, will update when I actually work on getting a good setting lol.

My only con so far is that batteries only last about 8 hours on a charge. While that is not bad, I have to remember to plug it in every night or be screwed later as I game on my tv and sit a good 6 feet away, plugging in my mouse to charge it while using the computer is not an option. But its pretty rare that I sit on my computer for 8 solid hours and need to recharge it. But it has happened lol.

Its also got that roughness to it, my hands sweat like crazy like alot of peoples do, this cuts down on how slimy the mouse gets. Seems like most mice are following this trend which is nice.

6. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    Nope its a must have for me at this point. meh 79$ for mouse that thing better be worth it not have any of infuriating issues the mx1100 has clicks act like dbl clicks, and hold left/right click the mouse forgets i holding those buttons to remember and forget yet again within seconds.

If I remove setpoint mouse work perfetly fine, But setpoint back on and issues, and i tried every version of setpoint, and i keep going back to 6.32 cause only set point that dont break smooth scroll in FF (scroll jumps all over the plave with out me actual scrolling IF i disable smooth scroll in 6.32 no issue, anything past it disabling smooth scroll no longer helps.

And no verison of setpoint ever fixed the holding issue .

7. Corrupt^

Corrupt^ Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 3090 FE
    Got 1 new mouse and 1 ordered:

New: Razer Abyssus 2014, pletora of problems now fixed after Firmware update (troubled release, but now OK, max tracking well above 4 m/s)
    Ordered: Zowie FK1

8. DeDeMouse

DeDeMouse Guest

GPU:
    AMD 6950 2GB
    Thanks for the info!

9. Corrupt^

Corrupt^ Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 3090 FE
    Abyssus is complete utter poop until you get the firmware update. Suddenly goes from 1.25 m/s max tracking to 4+ m/s max tracking. So if anyone gets that mouse and it's behaving badly, pm me for the firmware update (Razer still wants it controlled and considers it "beta", no idea why, the mouse is absolutely useless without it and quite good with it).

10. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    anyone know if the Corsair M45/M54 have Tilt wheel/4 way scrolling? and if so the wheels have free scrolling/Click scrolling lock?

If they do I might just switch my desktop wave pro and my beloved mx1100( which broke less i can solider in new switchs for left/right click)

For a M45/M65 and K30 Combo as this will cost me less then Logtech seeing the cheapest gaming KB they have with dedicated Media keys is like 100$.

11. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    Ok so this question of for people that have

Performance MX and G502, The middle click on them does it have an actual audioalbe click sound and feedback to the middle click or does have no where on some mouse you cant even tell you click it?

12. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    G502 has an audible click and feedback.

13. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    the tilt clicks too?

14. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    yes, not as clearly as clicking the wheel though.

15. keasy

keasy Banned

GPU:
    d1cK
    Anyone using a Sensei ?

Took me an age to get used to it. Variable settings being a bit daunting and overwhelming to begin with.

No matter how configurable I still felt sensitive to accel, to the point I bought a Death Adder (the newest one 2014 ?) and disliked it.

I started thinking I was an old stick in the mud and wanted to get back to the days of ball mice.

Anyhoo, I gave the DA to my kids who loved it and decided I would stick with the Sensei.
    Glad I did, I've now got it to as good a standard/general profile as I can get.
    Contrary to popular convention I use it on a cloth mat.

16. thatguy91

thatguy91 Guest

I've got a Rival (it's a newish model), some say it is better than Sensei and it runs the series 3 engine whereas Sensei is stuck on 2. The buttons only have a stated 30 million click durability though ;).

17. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    i thinking of this but how is the battery life? my MX1100 went week or more with about 7+ hours of use a day?

So few mouse options that have same shape of the MX1100 and actual tilt wheel

18. ErfanDL

ErfanDL Guest

GPU:
    ASUS 5850 Direct CU TOP
    nice guide

19. Corrupt^

Corrupt^ Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 3090 FE
    Maybe give the Zowie FK1 a try? It's not exactly like a Sensei, but it's probably the closest you'll get atm without the accel issues.

20. tratincica

tratincica Guest

GPU:
    Gainward GTX 1070 Phoenix
    Hi guys !

need to move this sry

Last edited: Sep 22, 2014