Lunayahs Watch Dogs Enhanced Mod

Discussion in 'Game Tweaks and Modifications' started by Lunayah, Jun 26, 2014.

?

What do you prefer. Quality or Performance?

Poll closed Jul 17, 2014.
  1. Quality

105 vote(s)
    69.1%
  2. Performance

54 vote(s)
    35.5%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Omerta

Omerta Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 760 OC 4GB
    People, did you know how long is a day (24h) in the game?
    I want to ask, how much is real minutes/hours a day in the game (24 hours)?

Today I tried it every 5 minutes to save a screenshot. And so 16 pictures in 1 hour and 15 minutes.

Click: http://makeagif.com/i/02hyXz

I had to go so I was not able to finish by the end of the day IN the game.

2. Yizan

Yizan Guest

GPU:
    GTX 770
  3. Cru_N_cher

Cru_N_cher Guest

GPU:
    MSI NX8800GT OC
    Some Generic TOD Result Render tests (last reference shoots of The Worse Enhanced reality Warm Render output)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. Cru_N_cher

Cru_N_cher Guest

GPU:
    MSI NX8800GT OC

5. raj7095

raj7095 Guest

GPU:
    Reference R9 290 4gb
    for those of you wanting a fix for the low volume, try this: http://www.ghacks.net/2014/04/02/enable-sound-loudness-equalization-windows/

I have actually had that problem regardless of which mod I use (or not). It happens for me if I click my mouse anywhere on my desktop while the game is starting up. Not really sure why it happens.

6. flexinho

flexinho Guest

GPU:
    KFA2 RTX 3060 Ti 8G
    @Lunayah

Could you add the E3 version with MalDo's textures and Yizen's perpective to your first post? I think many would like to test it out.

7. Cru_N_cher

Cru_N_cher Guest

GPU:
    MSI NX8800GT OC
  8. CrAzZyKiLLa

CrAzZyKiLLa Guest

GPU:
    3GB AMD 7950
    Dam good stuff, thanks for the fantastic mod lunayah, and thanks raj for the lower dof. I am currently actualy enjoying the game now! Great graphics, great performance!

9. raj7095

raj7095 Guest

GPU:
    Reference R9 290 4gb
    no problem. glad i could help :)

10. flexinho

flexinho Guest

GPU:
    KFA2 RTX 3060 Ti 8G
    @Yizan

I tested your camera view and it is like in the E3 2012 Gameplay Demo! Awesome! Much better than the Far Camera options that you can find here. The best camera oprion so far! Combined with the best Mod!!!

11. Yizan

Yizan Guest

GPU:
    GTX 770
    Thankss i hope you enjoy it. (Ty to all of you)

Last edited: Jul 7, 2014
  12. BigNog

BigNog Guest

GPU:
    ASUS R9 290X DirectCU II
    Also using raj7095 Light DOF! Excelent work!

I apologize for the off topic question but i'm curious: How is it for you regarding GPU overclocking while playing Watch_Dogs? It seems to me that this particular game is very sensitive to overclocking.

13. raj7095

raj7095 Guest

GPU:
    Reference R9 290 4gb
    For me, the game pretty much scaled linearly with gpu overclocking. I got around a 16% performance boost with a 16% overclock from 947mhz to 1100mhz. however the gain wasn't good enough for me to ignore that my r9 290 sounded like a jet engine :p. Surprisingly this game is also extremely cpu overclock sensitive. I overclocked my 2600k from 3.8ghz to 4.7ghz and it became much smoother.

14. Nexxus Img

Nexxus Img Guest

GPU:
    GTX 680 SC Signature+ SLI
    Mod is good but would be better with theworsts 0.7 bokeh/DoF its a bit intense in this im finding and it compromises gameplay.

15. CheekBoys

CheekBoys Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 780 SC ACX
    Can you apply your DOF to all cameras? It doesn't work when taking cover. Great DOF regardless!

16. BigNog

BigNog Guest

GPU:
    ASUS R9 290X DirectCU II
    Well, I usually run Watch_Dogs at 1110/5400 with my Asus R9 290x and it also sounds like a jet engine, so you're not alone :gape:

I have tested again over and over all the four atmospheres in different day/night scenarios and I still think E3 Original is the most realistic. Maybe it's my eyes, but I really can't see where the Warm is better than E3. It's probably a matter of taste...

17. Aravon

Aravon Guest

GPU:
    660Ti
    Sheesh...

The spamming of images in this thread is getting out of hand.

No need for the plethora of images. :puke2:

18. raj7095

raj7095 Guest

GPU:
    Reference R9 290 4gb
    It's actually not my DOF. I am using Boss's DOF version 1 from TheWorse 0.8. It is only supposed to work while taking cover when your crosshair is moved over your cover. This is done intentionally so that it doesn't interfere with the gameplay. I personally have no clue how to modify those DOF settings.

19. Cru_N_cher

Cru_N_cher Guest

GPU:
    MSI NX8800GT OC
    Could somebody test the Skin Rendering of Aiden through the TOD and different weather Light Conditions with Lunyahs mod and post results ?

See my above post with the Generic Render Results of the Different Light Responses over the TOD

Skin normally changes it's color dynamically over the TOD in Vanilla and even different weather states but it looks like it doesn't anymore with Lunyahas mod i might be wrong and the render states are practically savegame frozen due to TOD weather manipulations and require a new Game Start.

Btw i posted Vanilla Render results above all the time it was a test of subjective realization of Watch_Dogs Lighting no one seems to have realized that this wasn't Lunayahs Mod output @ all ;)

20. arias51

arias51 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 780 GTX Superclocked
    I've actually been experiencing this too from day 1. Didn't know if it was just my set-up or if other people were having the same issue. But the sound is very low in this game.

I actually just logged in to ask if this was just the same DOF from 'The Worse' V8 mod. Guess you just answered my question.

The DOF transitions for that mod were slower though. I didn't think they reacted as fast, this one seems to work better for me. Maybe it's has to do with this mods since it seems to perform better to begin with compared to TW 0.8 (less drama too). ;)

I personally don't think it does perform better than MSAA x2 at least from my testing.
    I also find this game can have a big performance difference depending on which AA you choose. So by making SMAA more taxing, some people might actually have to drop their settings to just SMAA to get good frame rates.
    If there was actually a benefit from a SMAA Temporal x2, I am pretty sure UBI or Nvidia would have included it (considering how many other AA techniques are already in the game settings). I really don't think messing with AA has much benefit and in my case (with this mod) MSAA x4 performs fine and looks better and MSAA x2 actually performs better then SMAA Temporal.

Don't take offense this is just what i'm experiencing. Other than that, it's a great mod. You've done well.