Lunayahs Watch Dogs Enhanced Mod

Discussion in 'Game Tweaks and Modifications' started by Lunayah, Jun 26, 2014.

?

What do you prefer. Quality or Performance?

Poll closed Jul 17, 2014.
  1. Quality

105 vote(s)
    69.1%
  2. Performance

54 vote(s)
    35.5%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. CongressBeta

CongressBeta Guest

GPU:
    NVIDIA GTX TITAN 6GB
  2. Sockenschock

Sockenschock Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia Gtx 680 2 Gb
    That´s Great :)
    Strange but i´m looking forward the most to the E3 Cloth Physics and Walking Animation. I know you said its already improved in your mod and it is kind of, but it´s not as realistic as in the first E3 Gameplay if you know what I mean.
    Maybe someone finds a solution on the New Thread :)

3. Lunayah

Lunayah Guest

GPU:
    GTX 670SLI
    We shall see :)

4. arias51

arias51 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 780 GTX Superclocked
    Lunyah, 1st off I just wanted to mention you have done a great job with V3. Performance is indeed much improved since your last v2 update.

A few things i'd like to ask/mention.

1. You state that SMAA Temporal is doubled, but i'm not seeing much of an improvement there. If the mod is supposed to have no aliasing, then something is wrong because it is noticeable. In fact, I get better performance/AA using MSAA x 4 than SMAA T with this mod. I'm not using Sweet FX, so maybe that is masking some of the jaggedness.

2. Is there a way to adjust DOF distance or can you provide a file with alternate DOF? It's just a tad too close for my tastes. It does adapt quickly though, which is nice.

3. Is it possible to adjust brightness for Day/Night individually? Your setting of '10' makes it hard to see at night, but adjusting it higher makes it overly bright during the day. Just wondering if there is a happy medium.

Keep up the good work.

Last edited: Jul 5, 2014

5. CongressBeta

CongressBeta Guest

GPU:
    NVIDIA GTX TITAN 6GB
    Yeah we hope that you can work with some other guys on there and get that working. I'm still working on the layout.

6. arias51

arias51 Guest

GPU:
    yes, he modified the SMAA Temporal settings, but for me it actually performs worse than MSAA 4x now. Dunno, has anyone else done a comparison to see if MSAA or Temporal SMAA works better with this mod?

Sorry, I should modify my statement. I haven't tried regular SMAA as it doesn't look quite as nice. So this is just an issue with SMAA Temporal.

7. raj7095

raj7095 Guest

GPU:
    Reference R9 290 4gb
    his temporal smaa is just temporal smaa + 2x msaa, so it shouldn't perform worse than 4x msaa, at least from my testing. it should have the same performance hit as 2xmsaa minus another 1 or 2 frames. As for which one looks better, I would say his temporal smaa.

8. Bradders684

Bradders684 Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980 Ti GAMING
    msaa4x

9. arias51

arias51 Guest

GPU:
    Well I won't argue with you as to what you personally think looks better, but if MSAA 4x is performing close/better to the same level as Temporal SMAA (which it basically is for me with the mod), I would choose MSAA 4x. Not a big deal, just wanted to let him know what i'm seeing is all.

Mod looks and performs great, regardless.

10. Cmaki2008

Cmaki2008 Active Member

GPU:
    780ti evga sc
    Tips for getting this working

Follow the directions if you still get lag set the settings to high!

I have been trying everything to get this game to run good on a rig with i7 4700k 12gb of ram and a 780ti this is the only mod that has worked for me, I personally like the warm preset.

I wish there was one that wasn't so dark though just a little input.

The #1 thing I did that I never thought would make any difference was I used defraggler to defrag my hard drive apparently this game installs everywhere.
    I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling as many of you prolly have and that might be why. Please defrag with defraggler it wont take long but it will help trust me. Do not defrag ssds! Just regular hd's not sure if thats a myth but Im pretty sure its true.

Read the instructions and set it to SMAA not the one right above it! This will make the mod work great if you turn on txaax2 or 4 it will make it look funny when you move around with the camera so i recommend smaa not sure if im saying that right but what the man said on his first post follow it!

I repeat defrag hds and it should work great and thanks to the man who made this mod it helped SOOO MUCH

REQUESTS

#1 please have a more regular colored but with the effects mod like this It seems a little to dark sometimes!
    #2 Please mod it so you can do 4x txaa if you have a really "nice" 3d card like mine

Thank you for reading and I hope this helped your watch_dogs experience trust me defrag your hd.

11. brutlern

brutlern Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 X Gaming
    Why does your signature say you got 5770 X2 and Phenom?? LoL! Update that thing :p

12. Lunayah

Lunayah Guest

GPU:
    GTX 670SLI
    You may change dof by choosing a different one and packing it into the patch files.

temporal SMAA shouldnt be slower then msaa. I tweaked it so it was between Temporal SMAA and MSAA 2 and 4

you may change display settings in game with no problem. graphics settings its what you shouldnt change in order to use my tweaks

13. James Ohio

James Ohio Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 770M 3GBVRAM
    Could I run it on high settings?

Hey Lunayah. First of all, love the work only question is could I run this on high settings on my PC? I get a really smooth experience running the game on high settings rather than ultra. I don't have a maxed out rig, hope you understand. Thanks.

14. Lunayah

Lunayah Guest

GPU:
    GTX 670SLI
    SURE you can :)

15. James Ohio

James Ohio Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 770M 3GBVRAM
    Alright, but I shouldn't change the settings from the in game menu right?

16. Lunayah

Lunayah Guest

GPU:
    GTX 670SLI
    sure you can it is just that my ultra settings will get deactivated but if you dont want them, and cant run them it doesnt matter.:)

17. James Ohio

James Ohio Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 770M 3GBVRAM
    Okay.. I need an upgrade. The warm visuals are definitely worth it...:thumbup:

18. BossMafioso

BossMafioso Guest

GPU:
    7970ghz
    Sunny city test v2

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

http://www77.zippyshare.com/v/49232828/file.html
    Set in game brightness to 0:)3eyes:), contrast ist tweaked in colorgrading

It's still sometimes too bright sun, but much better visibility in dark areas.
    [​IMG]

I think you should check my file, the day looks nice contrast and dark areas have good visibility.

But in some cases the game could use other colorgrading and then the brightness 0 can be to dark.

19. Lunayah

Lunayah Guest

GPU:
    GTX 670SLI
    attention

Guys Im gonna be busy this next 2 or 3 days so dont expect version 3.1 yet. Ill get back to it as soon as I can :)

20. Sockenschock

Sockenschock Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia Gtx 680 2 Gb
    Hey Guys,
    I can´t decide between Warm and E3 Atmosphere.
    I know most people use the Warm Edition but I like the kind of cold E3 Ambience in the E3 Version of this amazing mod.

Could you help me to make a decision because actually im switching all the time to figure my favorite out. :D

I´m also too stupid to implement the Light DoF from Boss to this mod.
    The "Full Modding Tutorial" was too complicated for me.
    Im just a Casual Gamer, you know.

Thanks! :)