Centralized Thread for all Watch Dogs Mods: Let's work together!

Discussion in 'Game Tweaks and Modifications' started by CongressBeta, Jul 4, 2014.

1. CongressBeta

CongressBeta Guest

GPU:
    NVIDIA GTX TITAN 6GB
    I wonder if some effects or files can be compatible with the disrupt with a little tweaking.

2. CongressBeta

CongressBeta Guest

GPU:
    NVIDIA GTX TITAN 6GB
    Additional clothes such as ones you made or ones from the deluxe edition?

3. DestinyExplorer

DestinyExplorer Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 760 2GB
    Yeah, I've spent a while looking for my favourite looking graphical mod and I've finally picked some heavily tweaked settings.

4. Sockenschock

Sockenschock Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia Gtx 680 2 Gb
    Hey CongressBeta,
    This is my first Post on this forum and I just registered because of this amazing thread you did here :)

I´m not as experienced as the most other people with modding but maybe I can give some little clues.

First of all: Are you gonna try to get the exact E3 Graphics back, because this is what I would do if I could, or are you gonna make a Mix Mod/ Evolution of TheWorse and kadzaits Mod?

Another thing, which is important for me: Did you realise that the Camera Perspective, Aiden´s walking animation and esspecially Aiden´s Coat / Jacket Physics have been changed / downgraded alot?
    That would be one of the first things that somebody could try to get back to the game, because if you have a look on the E3 2012 Gameplay again you will notice this 3 Things as Aiden walks through the Ambrose Theatre location.
    And the walking and the coat are things which are in this game all the time so it would make a major difference to change them.

Sorry guys for this huge first Post from me, good luck and have a nice weekend. :)

5. CongressBeta

CongressBeta Guest

GPU:
    NVIDIA GTX TITAN 6GB
    Thanks Sockenschock! I'm flattered :). The goal is to get the major modders on this thread so they can communicate with each other and post updates to there mods. In effect each mod will be improved by cooperation and using assets from other mods. If this goes smoothly we should have E3 2012 graphics in no time. Yes I did notice the downgrade in the coat and animation. Hopefully we can bring it back along with smarter AI in car wrecks such has people helping other people out of cars. Have a nice holiday!( or weekend for non American citizens)

6. CongressBeta

CongressBeta Guest

GPU:
    NVIDIA GTX TITAN 6GB
    I'm sure Maldo and Solocreep can help you out when they come on this thread. Hang on tight! Lol.

7. DestinyExplorer

DestinyExplorer Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 760 2GB
    Haha thanks. I'm not a modder myself - I know very little about the technical level, but I'd be more than willing to help out in any way I can.

8. MikeG

MikeG Master Guru

GPU:
    Titan RTX
    Sorry for going off topic a bit but is there a mod to get clouds to move across the sky in Far Cry 3? Not crazy about static clouds in games.

9. cmh175

cmh175 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 770 Classified
    I'm figuring things out now, but personally anything I do or contribute to will be new. There's already plenty of tweaked mods from TW and Kadzait. As for the end goal, I personally liked what TW was talking about for v0.9. However this will be dependent on how well I can understand the games files, so we'll see what happens.

First hiccup: Gibbed.Disrupt.unpack keeps crashing while decrypting Windy_city.fat. Any ideas? Tried twice. The file ends up at 1.19 GB, is it possible it's done anyway? Otherwise I honestly couldn't care less, if something's wrong and we aren't sure what can someone hook me up with the completely decrypted file (vanilla obviously please)?

10. kato-secret

kato-secret Guest

GPU:
    geforce gtx 760 2gb
    I guess we'll never make the graphics of E3 back if ubisoft dont do nothing

11. Sockenschock

Sockenschock Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia Gtx 680 2 Gb
    @ Congress
    Oh you are from the USA?
    Have a nice Independence Day
    I´m from Germany and at the moment very happy because we kicked French out of Brasil :D
    But I guess thats nothing you wanna see in this thread :)

@Everybody

I also liked the rain "dropping" from lanterns awnings and other things you know.
    I think the dynamic fogs coming out of the gully covers aren´t noteworthy :)
    As I said I just can give you little details I recognized in the tech demos.

Last edited: Jul 4, 2014
  12. Cru_N_cher

Cru_N_cher Guest

GPU:
    MSI NX8800GT OC
    It would be wrong to have the waving coat all the time this is what currently Kadz is doing but its wrong the waving stuff should be the interaction between Havok Physics and the Wind Simulation and this is party already working fine it's just a effect that's not enabled all the time and this is like it is in Reallity :)

13. Haxe

Haxe Guest

GPU:
    Nah not the ones i made.
    But duplicate of the same ones with different looking model.

I could only duplicate the ULC clothing, however im having problem having these extra duplicates to show up in store. They do show up in my hideout tho.

14. ivanosky

ivanosky Active Member

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 3060
    I got the same thing when trying to unpack that file or the ubi 1.03 patch.
    In the cmd window there was a FileNotFoundException that pointed to a XNA related files. Maybe you have to install XNA Studio redistributables. I could not test this cause I could not download XNA files due to Internet provider proxy restrictions. Hope this helps.

Also, I think I read in the other WD modding threads that you need XNA Studio installed to unpack those files.

15. cmh175

cmh175 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 770 Classified
    Thanks, I think I have that though. Oh well I'll work with what I have for now. By the way, is there a link for the UBI patch? I have TW v0.8 installed and forgot to make a backup of the official patch. If someone can float that my way I'll get it added to the files I'm tinkering with. I have the basics figured out now. Now figuring out the more difficult stuff. Than once I have this figured out I'll start piecing the mod together with TW v0.9 (and older) change log as a guide.

16. Chronos.Nihil

Chronos.Nihil Guest

GPU:
    nVidua GTX 670 2GB 2xSLI
    First post, let's see how this will go...

While I must says my thanks to kadzait24 and TheWorse, seen both them were focused on beating more than anything else.
    This is one of the reason I abandoned PSP scene years ago, I sure hope we can work together, at least help each other, since my skills as game modder are almost nil.

Also thanks do Maldo'for his work.

Good luck everyone, let's try make this game what Ubisoft couldn't

Excuse my english

17. CongressBeta

CongressBeta Guest

GPU:
    NVIDIA GTX TITAN 6GB

Yes. I'm getting ready to post the link of this thread on other threads so we can get some modders on board.

18. Sockenschock

Sockenschock Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia Gtx 680 2 Gb
    It should just behave as the Coat in the E3 2012 Gameplay. Then me and many other people I guess would be more than just happy :)
    It looks so real there... :eek3:

19. KuroTenshi

KuroTenshi Guest

GPU:
    GTX 970 4gb @ 1177/1402
    Thank you for the thread !

I regret the "childish" decision of TheWorse. Everybody credited him... He lets in his thread a post to disgust people that respected him and waiting every day for his work. People that were not concerned by trolls and others...

Now, time to work together. I don't have the time for the moment, but I know how to extract and work with the game's assets, and then repack them. I think Maldo knows too.
    I did that to analyze Watch Dogs's textures and saw that they were already very optimized.

But I don't know for instance how to use Hexidecimal Editors, like hackers. I am indeed interested in this method because it's this which allow us to reproduce E3 2012's version and reduce stuttering.

20. Sockenschock

Sockenschock Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia Gtx 680 2 Gb
    Uhm isn´t everybody talking about a Downgrade just for Pc?
    Look at the first PS4!!!! Gameplay
    Same Bloom, DoF, Fogs, Coat and Walking animation as in the E3 2012 Gameplay on a PS4
    Now i´m confused :D

Am I the only one who thinks even the way how Aiden just walks threw this trailer looks way cooler than in the Release Version? :D