After hours testing... Watch Dogs (E3 Bloom effect working) # Part 2

Discussion in 'Game Tweaks and Modifications' started by TheWorse, Jun 22, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jynxx

Jynxx Guest

GPU:
    Radeon HD 7990 6GB
    I figured out why it isn't working, for me at least. The problem is, I can't seem to fix it. When I click the "apply" button on the tool, it opens a dialog box that says "are you sure you want to run this...?", which would normally be fine, only its BEHIND the tool, and I can't seem to get to it, either by using the taskbar peek window or alt+tabbing to it.

I'll let you guys know if I find a way to do it.

2. Jynxx

Jynxx Guest

GPU:
    Radeon HD 7990 6GB
    Ok, well that didn't take long. I had to go in to the gibbed exe file in the Mod_Selection folder and change the security settings to allow all users full control. After that, it loaded right up.

I just wish there was a way I could tell if the new textures loaded beyond just looking at them.

3. CRUBINO

CRUBINO Guest

GPU:
    Zotac Geforce GTX1080 FE
    Did you try this? :)
    http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=390465

4. Syg0n

Syg0n Guest

GPU:
    yes I haz graphicz
    Did anyone with SLI manage to make it work like it should? I know the multi GPU compatibility for this game sucks without any moderation.

5. CRUBINO

CRUBINO Guest

GPU:
    Zotac Geforce GTX1080 FE
    I don't know somehow TheWorse V0.2 (LOL Version) is still my favorite.
    Therefore, I'm starting to bundle it to my own (combined with Lunaya's rain effects, Kadz's wind effects, my own sweetFX preset, removed headlight shadows, etc).
    And I love it!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

the link to my own patch file: (Click here to download it)
    Yes, only 84kb. It's so small, isn't it? :D

settings in-game: Textures:High; Shadows:High; FXAA(better for foliage) , MotionBlur:Off, HBAO+ High; Other: Ultra (PC). Locked FPS to 30 with NVInspector. XBOX360 Gamepad. Smooth like butter! Driving so fast!! :)

Last edited: Jul 2, 2014
  6. Agonist

Agonist Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900xtx Black
    Well for me the game still stutters . Crossfire on or off, it still happens. Im pushing the limits of my 2GB vram. Im running eyefinity at 4484x1018 res with FXAA. Only running textures at high.

Cant get sweetfx to work with the mod. Tried SweetFX 1.5, EFX x86, EFX 64bit. Used to work till I redid my windows install.

But v.08 does make the game look good though.
    [​IMG][​IMG]

7. Mikanoshi

Mikanoshi Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 670 SLI
    You are wrong, I already wrote here, it's a single setting in render config that kills SLI scaling, but it's not the case with every mod version, sometimes it works just fine...
    Who experiences fps drops and low gpu usage with mod, but without all is ok - find my post or PM me, I'll tell what to change, and if you have high gpu load and low fps - it's not this particular problem :)

Last edited: Jul 1, 2014
  8. cmh175

cmh175 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 770 Classified
    I'm not sure this is correct. There are hundreds of posts on Steam complaining about SLI and Crossfire, and this was long before anyone released mods for the game, and some are still running vanilla. The game just doesn't seem to be optimized for multiple gpu's.

9. Agonist

Agonist Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900xtx Black
    With the mod my gpu usuage is actually lower then vanilla.
    Im using Crossfire with HD 7850 2gbs. Avg is about 75% on both cards and I get about 30-35fps with v.08 and only using high textures.

10. Chokobo

Chokobo Guest

GPU:
    GTX 660ti 2gb
    cuando fue el lanzamiento de gta iv muchas personas tuvieron problemas con el rendimiento y esto siguio asi por un tiempo hasta que salieron los parches y mejoraron mucho ese rendimiento.....quizas debamos exigir menos a theworse y esperar que ubisoft haga de una vez por todas su trabajo... :)
    ---
    when was the launch of gtaiv many people had problems with performance and this went on for a while until they left patches and much improved performance that ..... maybe we should require less theworse and hope ubisoft made ***8203;***8203;once and for all your work .... :)

11. Mikanoshi

Mikanoshi Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 670 SLI
    It's not about overall SLI performance. If SLI scaling become worse with the mod then it's definitely something in it. I know for sure, I had drops from 65 fps to 35 because of this bug, just need to set all VegetationDisplacementTextureSize in render config to 512 or lower and gpu usage comes back to pre-mod level.

12. Syg0n

Syg0n Guest

GPU:
    yes I haz graphicz
    So you're telling me changing this op' will help my SLI scaling?

13. cmh175

cmh175 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 770 Classified
    What effect does this have on graphics though? Degrading the graphics in exchange for SLI and Crossfire doesn't seem worth it to me. This is also an unnecessary setting for single gpu users. If it comes at a cost of lowering the graphics than it'll need to be optional. A single GTX 670 can still play the game pretty well on high settings or so.

14. Mikanoshi

Mikanoshi Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 670 SLI
    Only if it became a lot worse after enabling mod.
    Not a single idea how it changes graphics, but with it fps is halved, game became unplayable, so nothing to think about here for me.
    Also 512 is a default value for ultra/pc profiles, shouldn't be that bad :)

15. 1080

1080 Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia Geforce 760
    Is it possible to manually change weather conditions to rainy day? I want check and compare my quality settings in rain.

16. EightShadows

EightShadows Guest

GPU:
    AsusGTX680DirectCUIITOP
    No LOD Enhanced

https: // www . youtube . com / watch?v = txrwlk3q4_4& feature = youtu . be

No 'Enhanced LOD' + MALDO Textures Hack!

Use the 'Enhanced LOD' make the game little less beautiful and for me using the Ultra LOD I dont got Performance issues and make the game LOOKING AWESOME! :)

17. 65Wat

65Wat Guest

GPU:
    GTX 760
    That Maldo config tool is so poorly programmed it must've been coded by Ubi themselves. It takes up half my screen and I can't see the "APPLY" button or w/e it is, and I can't move the window or adjust the window size, and if I maximize it via Task Manager this happens:
    i.*mgur.com/1CQyOyC.jpg (resized pic, take the * and turn it into an i)

Last edited: Jul 1, 2014
  18. TonyMBR

TonyMBR Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 770 SC ACX 2GB
    Here's an interesting comparison I'd like to show...

PC - High Textures / Graphic Quality Ultra/HBAO+ High (Vanilla / 1920x1080)
    *similar to PS4's quality. Except for the resolution difference and the addition of HBAO+ which doesn't exist on consoles.

[​IMG]

PC - Medium Textures / Graphic Quality Ultra/HBAO+ High (Maldo pack / 1920x1080)

[​IMG]

Perfect performance, no stuttering and superior image quality to what has been shown on consoles or even the Vanilla version on PC itself.

19. Syg0n

Syg0n Guest

GPU:
    yes I haz graphicz
    Too much jaggies for my taste

20. TonyMBR

TonyMBR Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 770 SC ACX 2GB
    Sure, I understand your taste and opinion, but these screenshots clearly are not supposed to show smoother corners, but improved textures and effects over the vanilla version.

As to the Anti-Aliasing, I actually leave it at "SMAA Temporal" and I don't really care about this so much. I consider it an expendable filter once I'm not used to pay attention to edges and corners while playing games, it only serves to make screenshots smoother.

Well, as I said, it's my individual opinion as everyone has different preferences. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.