After hours testing... Watch Dogs (E3 Bloom effect working) # Part 2

Discussion in 'Game Tweaks and Modifications' started by TheWorse, Jun 22, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CrAzZyKiLLa

CrAzZyKiLLa Guest

GPU:
    3GB AMD 7950
    Yea looks like your right about it being a normal game bug instead of being anything to do with the mods, been watching a few streams all have same problem.

Tried replacing the dll file with an old one had from a system restore point near launch of the game, but still same problem only thing that corrects it is to restore a save game, must be some kind of scrippting issue.

2. classick

classick Guest

GPU:
    r9 280x
    You guys spend more time trying to make the game realistic then playing the game...stop all this and go play the game already...all you can do its make little or more bloom..more wind or less..and thats it..u wont make the game as real life..its just a game..go play it!

3. Tim96

Tim96 Member

GPU:
    Asus Geforce GTX 770 2GB
  4. MikeG

MikeG Master Guru

GPU:
    Titan RTX
    I'm trying, I want to sit back and enjoy the game for more than a few minutes at a time. But I'm looking for the right mix of graphical enhancements and I can't help it.

5. gerardfraser

gerardfraser Guest

GPU:
    R9 290 Crossfire
    DXT5 is the answer

6. cemnahit

cemnahit Guest

GPU:
    GTX TITAN BLACK
    Does anyone know which lib and xml file does cars headlight shadow binhex value in?

Thanks in advance

7. Blackwolfe

Blackwolfe Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 670 2Gb
    Some people enjoy helping others, while some seem to enjoy whining on a forum. Kind of like in real life.

8. Soloman212

Soloman212 Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia GT 650M
    Well you don't really know how much time we spend doing it. Personally I just stop by on the thread once a day or so, just to see the progress made. And modding to some is a hobby of its own. You can't tell us what to and what not to do for our enjoyment. And who am I to say no to someone willing to put this work in to make my game look and run better. :)

Although I'm all too aware of mod-more-than-you-play syndrome... *Thinks of Skyrim and shudders.*

9. brkbeatjunkie

brkbeatjunkie Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 FTW2
    Im sorry, I don't agree one bit. Did you see whats been done with skyrim, gta iv? modders, wether or not you think for the better, took what was given them, and changed it to their liking. isn't that human nature? to adapt?

Modding is not a new thing: we mod houses, cars, trucks, anything with an engine. computers, computer games. etc.

I am happy for you that you are complacent, but some yearn for more.

To remain on topic, I would like to provide some feedback about the 0.8 mod. I noticed right away two issues. The trees all sway as one object, in unison now. Its quite silly because they look like they are all moving to the same rhythm.

The other issue is graphical artifacts on the sidewalk and asphalt. Little [polygons come and go, fill and unfill. I switched back to developer released patch, and also confirmed with complete vanilla version that it wasn't my hardware, but sadly the 0.8 mod.

I think the low DOF setting is great! thank you for giving us the settings to play with..

10. cmh175

cmh175 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 770 Classified
    If you're fine with the vanilla game than just go play it, it rather begs the question of what you're even doing here. For many of us the game hasn't even been playable due to stuttering and frame rate issues. The idea here is to not only make the game looks as it's supposed to compared to the E3 demo, but also fix the inexcusable bugs and defects left in the game. Without this mod I couldn't even manage to keep a mini van on the road while match the speed of traffic. The frame rate would just tank and I kept hitting other cars and people till the cops would chase me. Which is ridiculous as my rig should be able to max out any game at 1920x1080.

11. flexinho

flexinho Guest

GPU:
    KFA2 RTX 3060 Ti 8G
    Could someone tell me how to reset the time of day to default? In the first mission (and others) it is way to bright, so the blackout doesn't look impressive at all.

12. Soloman212

Soloman212 Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia GT 650M
    Meant this to be a PM, but don't have enough posts. I guess this is the best I can do. -.-' I hope he still reads these.

"I'd just like to apologize.
    I wanted to send this earlier, but since you said you were going to stop working on the mod, I didn't want it to seem like I was begging you to continue. But since you're continuing now anyways, just wanna say sorry there are so many trolls and dicks on this forum. I'm completely new to it, never heard of it before, so I don't know if the community is always like this, but I just can't understand why they'd act this way to a modder. I hope you end up satisfied with your work, and don't feel like you wasted your time in the end. Just know me and a friend are extremely happy with everything you've changed, I hope that's enough, along with the thousands of other downloads, to make you feel this ordeal was worth it! Just remember there's a HUGE silent majority that didn't want to get involved in this stuff, and just came to use and appreciate your work. I was one of those until now, just thought you could use the comments."

13. Sub

Sub Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 650Ti Boost 2GB
    Go into your GamerProfile.xml after <GamerProfile> put "TimeScale= "30" this should reset you're game back to the normal day and night system.

14. firekil

firekil Guest

GPU:
    7950 3GB @ 1150/1550
    Can't wait for 0.9

Great work TheWorse!

Right now fog is flickering on/off and black/white.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2014
  15. Khan213

Khan213 Guest

GPU:
    HD 7990
    May be he stopped working or he doesn't want to share.

16. flexinho

flexinho Guest

GPU:
    KFA2 RTX 3060 Ti 8G
    I think so, too. I changed to Lunayah's Mod. He fixed all big bugs and the rain looks like in kadzait24' Mod. The biggest plus for him is, that he is active in his thread.

PS: I know he just took TheWorse Mod 0.8 and changed a little bit in it, but he did a very great job!

17. SoloCreep

SoloCreep Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080 TI
    I finally got rid of those giant glowing walls of rain around those light poles!

[​IMG]

18. Warpy

Warpy Guest

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Same, it loosk great and the DOF he used is at the right distance to blur as well

19. Frag Maniac

Frag Maniac Guest

GPU:
    HD 7970
    I DLed .08 and followed these instructions to the letter...

1-Download the file, decompress the rar in any folder you want.
    2-Open the config file located in "WDT_Data/config/WDTConfig.cfg
    3-Place your Game_Path For example Game_Path=C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Watch_Dogs\
    4-Save the file and open the tool exe "WDTooL.exe"
    5-Select your settings and press the tick button to apply changes
    6-If something is stuck press the middle button to reset the settings
    7-If everything is ok a path.dat file will be created in your data_win64 folder

...I entered the game's path in the cfg, and the WTD tool doesn't give the path cannot be found error when it's entered correctly. However the WDT is fixed in one spot onscreen and can't be minimized, and after applying settings I get one of those security warning messages about unknown publisher, but I can't click for it to run because it instantly disappears behind the WDT GUI.

I tried spotting just where the Run button on the message appears and quickly hitting that spot right after applying settings while it's briefly there, but I cannot get it to allow WDT to generate the file in the game.

This is a serious oversight, esp since the WDT GUI is fixed and cannot be moved or minimized. I don't see a workaround for this unless someone can enlighten me. I mean jeez, are you leaving it up to us to hack/edit Windows settings to allow this tool to run by some means other than clicking Run on the Unknown Publisher warning message?

(EDITED)
    Well I did some searching and re-familiarized myself on how to reset Group Policy, which I'm not sure I'm all that comfortable doing. Now I don't get the Unknown Publisher interrupt, and instead the Command Prompt window opens momentarily as if changing the game settings, but I still see no "path.dat" file. Did you mean "Patch.dat"? I had the big texture performance mod already installed, which used it's own Patch.dat file though, and it's file size seems to have changed.

Only reason I left the previous mod in there is your readme said you had problems uploading the texture files, despite .08's release notes indicating the performance fix is there, and the WDT tool having a ultra texture fix.

God only knows if this will all work, just wanted to give a heads up before I do the Guinea Pig bit. If it runs but I get worse performance than the previous mod, despite me not liking the excessive bloom it had, I won't really consider it to be "working" though. LOL

20. apple890

apple890 Guest

GPU:
    GTX 760
    How do you decode BinHex? I looked up online decoders but they decode to weird symbols and things. Help!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.