After hours testing... Watch Dogs (E3 Bloom effect working) # Part 2

Discussion in 'Game Tweaks and Modifications' started by TheWorse, Jun 22, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mrhertz

mrhertz New Member

GPU:
    nvidia gtx 660 2gb non TI
    Hi guys... 1st time posting here.

i just played some missions but I decided to wait for the 1.0 version when it comes out to get back to the game.

I read some pages of the old thread, and some of this one, but im kinda lost since the info isnt centered, and lots of people are testing values, as I can understand...

So, what I ask now is for a WIP log, if it exists, for me to understand what´s being worked and improved.

I read on the 1st page that Worse is working on trees and rain. So, after that, are there other things to work, or basically when these issues will be fixed, it will be all ok?

Thanks to you guys we will have better experience with this game. As for the next game releases, I´m sure UBISOFT will make sure that nothing will be left behind.

Ps.: I got another question... For my understanding, the sun is shining too much, and during the day the visual looks a lot brighter than what it should be (again, to my understanding), but during the night it gets better.

So would it be possible to decrease ONLY the highest incidence of the sun, without changing the night time?

Thanks a lot.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2014
  2. KilleRoee21

KilleRoee21 Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 660 2GB
    Thanks man it works and looks awesome!

3. william456

william456 Guest

GPU:
    MSI Titan X
  4. otis

otis Guest

GPU:
    PNY GTX 770 4GB OC
    so you don't close that blank black box that pops up? ok. i think it works for me know. i was always closing that lol. i thought it wasn't supposed to be there. i'm not much of a guru.

5. FriskyNoodle

FriskyNoodle Guest

GPU:
    1070 Seahawk X
    Stupid Question

I have no idea why it isn't working or what Im missing about I tried to drag an entitylibrary.fcb (under folder data_win64\windy_city_unpack\worlds\windy_city\generated) to Gibbed.Disrupt.ConvertBinaryObject.exe but it just crashed.

I've literally done just about everything else without issues except coming to this small insignificant roadblock.

Am I supposed to rename the file to entitylibrary.lib and then do it? That didn't work either, undid the rename, back to normal. Maybe I'm missing something?

:bang:

Also where do I find renderstates.xml/rml whichever it is I forgot.

6. DaPuppet007

DaPuppet007 Guest

GPU:
    Asus 660 TOP 2gb
    William

Nice video. Good choice of song. Wish I got to hear the whole thing. :)

Since I'm not a modder but understand file directories and have read over 90% of the posts, I was able to create myself a TWMod 0.8 + BossDOFv2 + Tree/Animation fix + UbiPatch with no Texture pack. Reason I didn't go with the integrated Texture pack is because anything over 1.6gb of ram usage on my gtx660 is where the stutterfest starts. Probably because I read that the last 500mb of vram on it runs off a slower 64bit chip. So anyway I just play on high everything except water and details are set to ultra. 1680x1050 TempSMAA or TXAAx2. FPS averages 42 - 45 with minimal stutters.

Thanks to all the hard work everyone has put in. Starting a new game now.

7. FriskyNoodle

FriskyNoodle Guest

GPU:
    1070 Seahawk X

Oh nice, do you think you can upload your patch.dat and patch.fat?

It would be greatly appreciated, this is exactly what ive wanted.

8. DaPuppet007

DaPuppet007 Guest

GPU:
    Asus 660 TOP 2gb
    I can't post links yet because I'm a noob here but I can email them to you if you'd like? Files are normal sized so It should work pretty easy.

9. Soloman212

Soloman212 Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia GT 650M
    :funny:

10. Kersey

Kersey Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia
    Well I don't think you're a noob at all

11. DaPuppet007

DaPuppet007 Guest

GPU:
    Asus 660 TOP 2gb
    Sent.

12. Kersey

Kersey Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia
    What did you send DaPuppet007?

13. DaPuppet007

DaPuppet007 Guest

GPU:
    Asus 660 TOP 2gb
    Nothing crazy, I just mixed and matched some of the different variations and came up with something that works well for my own tastes. He just wanted to give it a try. It was really just unpack and pack a bunch of times moving some .libs around and I ended up with --->

TheWorse 0.8 + BossDofv2 +Tree/animation fix + Ubipatch
    NoTextures Default timescale.

14. TonyMBR

TonyMBR Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 770 SC ACX 2GB
    Hello, DaPuppet007.

Would you mind to send me a link to download your modification as well? I'd like to give it a try. Every and any help is welcome. :)

If you can't, I'll understand, no problems.

Tks in advance.

15. Kersey

Kersey Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia
    Ahh! That was exactly what I was going to attempt! I need to check that out.

16. MikeG

MikeG Master Guru

GPU:
    Titan RTX
    Tried it and the tree fix works well, the trees sway normally. The max settings you have work fine for me, I prefer it. It looks just like the original 0.8v wonderful gfx. Animations like paper and debris blowing in the wind are not fixed in case anyone is wondering but that wasn't one the objectives of this mod.

Edit: I noticed paper cups and debris in motion in the wind so those animations work Madfighter. Sorry about that. When the wind kicks up the debris starts moving. God I feel dumb for not taking the time to have seen that before in your mod fix.

And I just noticed the new tags for this thread that someone posted about earlier )!

17. Demuny101

Demuny101 Guest

GPU:
    R9 270X / 2GB
    Woah. Did kadzait24 just get perma banned? Things are heating up :O

18. DaPuppet007

DaPuppet007 Guest

GPU:
    Asus 660 TOP 2gb
    You may be in luck. This should be the last post I need to be permitted to share links.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bwx67AptzsgMQ3UtdFJNdktlY28/edit?usp=sharing

19. Kersey

Kersey Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia
    Yeah. He banned himself pretty much. I'm sure he knew he would get banned, but I don't know why he pushed it like that.

20. FriskyNoodle

FriskyNoodle Guest

GPU:
    1070 Seahawk X

I was wondering why my stuttering was there, it was vague but worse than my other patch. Which files represent ubipatch, just list em and ill look for em and delete em

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.