Lunayahs Watch Dogs Enhanced Mod

Discussion in 'Game Tweaks and Modifications' started by Lunayah, Jun 26, 2014.

?

What do you prefer. Quality or Performance?

Poll closed Jul 17, 2014.
  1. Quality

105 vote(s)
    69.1%
  2. Performance

54 vote(s)
    35.5%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. KuroTenshi

KuroTenshi Guest

GPU:
    GTX 970 4gb @ 1177/1402
    I tested your work. Very interesting indeed. The look is quite realistic, the DOF is cool, the raindrops and water on roads is fantastic, no bugs anymore with trees,...
    But indeed, I don't like the "High" textures, when I have been used to Ultra.
    I unpacked and analyzed all the textures. For example, Ultra Textures for the roads are 1024*4096.
    On big objects (like a road), the difference is quite noticeable, including the fact that Ultra Textures are different from "High" and have parallax, where High doesn't.

Your config is great for most players ! It's smooth, realistic and very beautiful. A lot better than Vanilla ! I am a little hardcore that's all ^^'.

The only drawback : I lost my control settings.

So keep going on the good work !

P.S : It would be nice to regroup every user's creation in an unique Watch Dogs Topic, with links to every dedicated topics at first page. (or be able to make subtopics.)

I chose too a quite realistic point of view. But How to put that in "spoiler" ?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. ToyTen

ToyTen Maha Guru

GPU:
    7900xtx Taichi OC
    @tiwana350

i was responding to cruncher, i don't know how to help you there sorry

3. tiwana350

tiwana350 Guest

GPU:
    660 ti amp ed.
    oh ok no problem.

so anyone can tell me how to change the motion blur and dof off in the xml file ? coz when i do it does not work.
    thanks

4. BradleyW

BradleyW Guest

GPU:
    R9 290X CFX
    No, the OP and I discovered an issue with the patch data from 0.8v, so I was wondering if he re-added a fresh patch. This is a personal matter.

@OP
    I've noticed a lot of headlight flickering and random shadow flickering.

5. Omerta

Omerta Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 760 OC 4GB
    @ Lunayah - I tried your mod, and so far my best as far, as looks and performance.

I turned DOF, and put HBAO LOW.. 3-4 fps is better than HBAO HIGH..

6. Cru_N_cher

Cru_N_cher Guest

GPU:
    MSI NX8800GT OC
    i can't explain this to someone who has visibly no idea of physical shading, i can only explain it in that way that you are lying to yourself :)

But don't think you are the only one many here have no real idea how much harm they do to the realtime output of the Engine :)

Last edited: Jun 28, 2014
  7. ToyTen

ToyTen Maha Guru

GPU:
    7900xtx Taichi OC
    ^this shoudn't allow you misrender my name ;)

And thanks beeing kind again declining the help.

I didn't applied his xml file. maybe that's why dunno.

Thanks mister

Edit: i've read your modification to your post, and yes im far away from you guys playing flawlessly with all those techy matters but,

I just like what i have, all i was saying mate

8. Shinigami_Kiba

Shinigami_Kiba Member

GPU:
    GeForce MSI NX7800GTX 256MB
    Even though I'm happy with 0.8 I want to give this a try and see how it runs
    how do I remove the textures that come with 0.8 or any changes from 0.8 for that matter and use this instead?

9. megakoresh

megakoresh Guest

GPU:
    ASUS ENGTX770
    Lunayah, great work. Your adaptation of The Worse's mod runs very smoothly, without any noticeable graphical sacrifice (perhaps with exception of the Bokeh DOF not being so umm... cyberpunkish).

10. william456

william456 Guest

GPU:
    MSI Titan X
    increase rain density and replace to kadzait24's wind_city.xml and bossdof far camera

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. Mykai.RO

Mykai.RO Guest

GPU:
    780gtx
    One question for OP. I run the game in 3440x1440. It worked fine with TheWorse mod v0.8. After installing your update, the game is fixed on 1920x1080 and I have black bars on the sides. This happens even after I select my native resolution and 21:9 aspect in game options.
    Are you aware of any forced resolution in your files and if so, is there a way to manually change it?
    Thanks.
    LE: I found it. There was a setting in gamerprofile.xml Force16_9="1". Changed the value to 0 and now it works fine.

12. pondcy

pondcy Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 580 Classified
    Same, exactly the same as kadzwhatshisface's version for me.

I reverted back to Lunayah's second release, the one where he introduced v0.8's colorgrading. It seems the most stable visually out of everything I've tried. I'll probably stick with it indefinitely. The more switches people throw the more broken the game becomes.

13. Edikrus

Edikrus Guest

GPU:
    GTX 560ti OC
    Hi guys, i like mods for Skyrim, Fallout and other games.
    But this game is just freakin me with all these crazy effects, that people like Worse and co. discovered.

Raw game not perfect, but modding it, experimenting with settings maybe more intresting than the game itself :banana:

If im right its kind of compilation of tweaks, settings etc.
    I want to thank author and guys who did all that stuff, because its best from what I used.

Dont know how exactly it works, but with your last version i have best smooth performance with all settings "ultra" and textures "high". Before all mods/patches were unplayable with ultra shadows and/or motion blur on.
    I have 560ti OC with 1Gb, yes sometimes Windows let me know about "memory" but anyway its working with good fps!

Also i have monitor with max 1680x1050 res, but now screenshots are 1920(but performance is good! Oo), i think its Custom quality string in gamerprofile.xml. Default letter mode and nondefault controls not good, but its really not a problem to change manually.
    Some minor bugs with headlights/shadows are here, but they are in other mods too. Not gamebreaking for me.

Question for mates who use this mod: Is volume headlight active only when it rains?

14. Lunayah

Lunayah Guest

GPU:
    GTX 670SLI
    Guys I'm really glad that you all seem to like my mod.
    I wont be making any more changes to it including dofs, cameras, colorgrading etc.
    Everything has been optimized and tested thoroughly for best performance, visuals, and realism. It the FPS are not good than crank down the settings.
    I cant make it run faster without taking out eye candy and levels of detail. This DOF is best since it allows far view distances and better focus while still implementing strong dof.
    The camera is default since it makes gameplay easier and more natural. The colors are subtle so it wont look cartoonish. Any flickering may be due to crossfire or SLI if not its just not fixable right now.
    Textures wont be touch, the difference is not great, The textures now are decent and wont bother your eyes.

I think it is time to play the game and be satisfy.
    I cant do much more. Just remember there's a balance between quality and performance. You cant always have too much of both.
    I hope it works well. As for those who one other cameras and setting you may unpack and replace cameras and dofs and replace them.
    But DO NOT replace engine settings, Windcity.XLM or colorgrading, lighting etc since these would greatly affect the visuals

15. gerardfraser

gerardfraser Guest

GPU:
    R9 290 Crossfire
    To turn of these settings in Watch Dogs

defaultrenderconfig

Change all to 0 from 1

VelocityMotionBlur="0"
    DepthOfField="0"
    useVelocityMotionBlur="0"
    useDepthOfField="0"

16. Lunayah

Lunayah Guest

GPU:
    GTX 670SLI
    By replacing my Windcity.xml you will replace my realistic colors just you know. Now it doesnt look like the mod. But whatever suits your taste:)

17. william456

william456 Guest

GPU:
    MSI Titan X
  18. Lunayah

Lunayah Guest

GPU:
    GTX 670SLI
    I might increase wind power a little who knows I just like it to be different according to the weather. And theres some limits you know. The more difference I leave between wind power settings to different times and weathers the more noticeable the changes in weather are.:) Get it

19. Krakenous

Krakenous Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 760 2GB
    and

Woah...that loosk amazing! Can you upload your config please? I really really like those colours, did you downsample too? Looks great! Plz PM me it if you can, would be much appreciated :).

20. Quest

Quest Member Guru

GPU:
    SLI GTX 770 JETSTREAM 4GB
    how i can reduce orange tint ? couse it way to hight