After hours testing... Watch Dogs (E3 Bloom effect working) # Part 2

Discussion in 'Game Tweaks and Modifications' started by TheWorse, Jun 22, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Suprim X
    Is it normal that Watch Dogs maxed out doesn't take more than 2Gb of RAM ?

I'm not talking video memory but RAM. Watch dogs never cross 2Gb ? do i need to change something to allow him to take more?

Thanks

2. skmanga

skmanga New Member

its amazing how much of this and the last thread are just fluff.

People asking the same thing over and over not realizing if everyone just READ...every possible question could get asked, and answered one single time... in turn helping cut down on the threads size, in turn making it easier for everyone to quickly find the answer they need....

But that would be way too easy wouldn't it....

3. flexinho

flexinho Guest

GPU:
    KFA2 RTX 3060 Ti 8G
    How is the state of play on version 0.9 TheWorse? Would be nice to hear, if you have problems to fix some stuff, so maybe someone could help you, or if everything is fine.

4. Ack36

Ack36 Guest

GPU:
    32gb
    I am sorry for asking the same thing over and over again, but could somebody provide me with information how to get MaLDo's texture pack without any mods. Can somebody do that?

Last edited: Jun 27, 2014

5. Vash

Vash Guest

GPU:
    G.Skill 3x6GB DDR3
    When I try to install the mod this is what I get:(Due to stupid system I can not link the screenshots!)

The window that is hiding behind it:(Due to stupid system I can not link the screenshots!)

Now the only way I could take a Screenshot was via the Alt+Tab, it wouldn't let me to go to that part and allow it, the tool overrides it and covers it up, so I can't move the tool to the side nor to allow it.

Any way to install it MANUALLY?

6. TheWorse

TheWorse Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX680@1300/6900
    Probably the latest and last version of the mod will be 0.9 or 1.0 depending of how many bugs or problems people actually get with this one.

Actual changes:

-Bloom has been changed slighly.
    -LOD has been optimized more for stuttering and performance.
    -Lighting has been changed a bit.
    -DOF will be normal dof by VAAS on the majority of the cameras.
    -Normal camera by default.
    -Wind, particles etc has been slighly changed
    -Trees and wind problems have been fixed.
    -Headlight shadows is not something that can be fully fixed because of the feature was never intended to be implemented or optimized by ubisoft.
    -Time of day has been reset to default with shadow delay removed.
    -Slighly changes to Hbao+
    -ColorGrading based on 0.6v

And other changes. After this version I will dedicate my time to mod the game for myself exclusively, and maybe later upload the results if I really want to. The reason of this is just something already known.

7. Firebl0od

Firebl0od Guest

GPU:
    GTX 670 OC windforce x4
    vash go to control pannel - network and internet - internet option - custom levels - go down to miscellaneous then down a little bit more and enable "launching application and unsafe files" then it will work ;)

8. Sinji

Sinji Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 980ti Hybrid
    Basically, 90% just shoot for questions without reading the thread, not even 1(!) previous page. It's ridiculous.

People, use the search function for this thread. If you can't find it in the thread, then ask.

9. flexinho

flexinho Guest

GPU:
    KFA2 RTX 3060 Ti 8G
    @TheWorse

I don't know the reason. Do you mean because of kadzait24? You should be above such kiddy things. You do great work and kadzait24 too. Your version has a much better perfomance, so it would be sad, if you stop. The only thing, which i find better in kadzait's mod is the illuminated and deep rain, but the perfomance isn't as good as with your mod. Please go on!! :banana:

10. wunkley

wunkley Guest

GPU:
    780Ti SLI
    Don't want to be a negative nancy, but I can sense a real air of defeat in theWorses post there?

I really think in a few weeks someone will post a retrospective summary of all this bizarre WD 'modding' madness (including that kadzait idiot) and come to the conclusion that whilst they were valiant efforts, they were largely pointless and full of bugs.

I know it's 'cool' to slag of ubisoft, but do you really think a multi million dollar developer would have done things the way they have, if they didn't need to be that way? Put yer tin foil hats away and play the vanilla game. It's good!

11. jim2point0

jim2point0 Guest

GPU:
    Asus Strix 2080TI
    I think TheWorse 0.6-0.7 were good improvements over vanilla. Not mind-blowing, but good. It was nice to have that for my primary playthrough.

I keep checking back to see if theres been any real progress, but I don't think there's a lot of room left for substantial differences tweaking the game this way. We'd need something to overhaul the lighting (like ENB) for that.

12. TheWorse

TheWorse Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX680@1300/6900
    Defeat? I'm just tired of this. And people like you that only write because it's the internet. Bugs always happen and were fixed. I'm not ubisoft so don't expect me to make the new iCEnhancer for this game.

You and other people actually believe that it's possible to change the graphics of the game to be like e3 2012 while that's not even close to be true. Physx, high geometry quality, deferred lighting etc it's something that a simple person can't implement into a game.

This overwhelming situation its out of control. And I don't want to continue sharing what i've done because of just one person. So you'll have to continue without me and start making your own modifications.

13. wunkley

wunkley Guest

GPU:
    780Ti SLI
    Yeah. My conclusions from testing them all are...

The DOF is a nice touch, but it's very subjective, and arguably detrimental to actual gameplay. Ubisoft could easily have implemented it at all times, but chose not to. After experimenting I ended up turning it off.

The headlights and dynamic shadows. This is/was truly great, but unfortunately does seem to be buggy. I think we can blame that one on ubisoft. Gta4 managed it!

The bloom. Overdone, and a big of a sad trick. Best to leave how it is.

All the other stuff - pointless, buggy, detrimental to the game, or a combination of all.

14. wunkley

wunkley Guest

GPU:
    780Ti SLI
    Dude. Maybe defeat is the wrong word. But You've completely missed what I was trying to say. You've kind of answered the whole question there though.

15. MikeG

MikeG Master Guru

GPU:
    Titan RTX
    In TW's post above version 0.9 or 1.0 is to have the LoD optimized. Not sure if that was ever done in any of the previous versions as a permanent thing. Maybe as an option, not sure. If it's permanent will the game look a little less detailed or will the average user not be able to tell any difference in the visuals?

16. Sinji

Sinji Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 980ti Hybrid
    I completely agree. But the most profound thing is that the mod removed the stutter for me. For that I'm already very grateful, the rest is just icing on the cake

17. flexinho

flexinho Guest

GPU:
    KFA2 RTX 3060 Ti 8G
    Will version 0.9 include MalDo's textures?

18. TheWorse

TheWorse Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX680@1300/6900
    DOF it's subjective to the like of each person. That's a personal opinion anyways.

Headlight shadows buggy? What can you expect if the engine has to render like 50 shadowmaps at the same time in real time lol, you don't even seem to know how a engine do the calculations.

If you are so selfish about how bad the mod is just play it vanilla. Quit complaining and play your wonderful game as it is right now.

19. wunkley

wunkley Guest

GPU:
    780Ti SLI
    Why so touchy? I'm actually complimenting you there!

Just forget it.

20. Schnedi

Schnedi Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia 410M/ 287 GB
    Ok guys, I have tested some fix that stopped my game stuttering:
    +Force Triple Buffering and enable Dynamic Framerate Control in RadeonPro
    +Also Force Triple Buffering using D3Doverrider
    +And Defrag the whole Watch_Dogs folder.
    I don't know if this really a fix, but it work for me and hopefully it might do the same to you.

PS: I also have TheWorse V 0.8 installed as well.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.