After hours testing... Watch Dogs (E3 Bloom effect working) # Part 2

Discussion in 'Game Tweaks and Modifications' started by TheWorse, Jun 22, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Supersourav99

Supersourav99 Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 270X 4G GDDR5
    It would pretty much work on Ubi's v1.3 patch!
    It has Vaas's DoF(Normal Slight bokeh) and its not static its dynamic DoF

2. BradleyW

BradleyW Guest

GPU:
    R9 290X CFX
    Does anyone have Ubisoft unmodified patch files? And no I can't verify my game cache on Uplay since I don't have Watch Dogs installed.

Thank you.

3. finite

finite Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia/3gb
    So you don't have it installed why you need the unmodified patch then

4. Ack36

Ack36 Guest

GPU:
    32gb
    Does MaLDo texture patch exist without other mods? Please! :D Don't ignore me.

5. Malevolenced

Malevolenced Guest

GPU:
    780ti 3GB
    Hi, I am new in Guru3D.com , I want to post my findings with the mod and how I manage to get the game 99% free of stuttering!

First of all, before the Ubisoft patch I was playing the game very good to be honest, there were some stuttering while driving but nothing major. After the Ubisoft patch, my game was full of stuttering, even when walking. So I read about this mod, and I downloaded and installed TheWorse Mod 0.8.

Also this is my pc:

i5 3570k (no OC)
    16 gb ram
    780ti 3GB playing at 1080p with refresh rate of 60.

Alright, now with this mod I can play smooth and having a nice graphics setting :) , good job for the people that worked hard for this mod :thumbup:

Now I will tell how I did manage to have the game 99% free of stuttering.

Make sure you are using nvidia driver 337.88. The latest nvidia driver (340.43 Beta) it is know to have issues with Watch dogs.

Make sure you have a "clean" driver installation, there are several tools/software to do so, I recommend the tool "Display Driver Uninstaller", is easy, fast and it works.
    Note: This is from Uplay, not from steam, so I don't if this will work with steam users.

In the MOD:
    -You need to install the mod, set all the options to max value. I turned the DoF off because it is really difficult to aim when in action parts of the game, like when covering and trying to aim for a headshot everything is blurry and I can't see the enemies.

In the nvidia control panel, create a profile for watch_dogs.exe and change the following:
    -Set Vsync to Adaptive
    -Set Anisotropic filtering to 16x
    -Texture filtering - Anisotropic sample optimization to Off
    -Texture filtering - Negative LOD bias to Clamp

In game:
    -Disable Vsync in game of course.
    -Set all in game setting to high, textures, shadows, etc. but Ambient occlusion set it to MHBAO
    -Use Temporal SMAA for AA
    -GPU Max Buffered Frame set it to 3

Note: The texture Hack provided in this mod, put the textures in Ultra, so you can lower your texture to high in game and the textures will look awesome.

In Uplay:
    -Go to settings and disable all options, but not the cloud save sync, at least I like to keep that one, it is optional.
    -Launch the game from Uplay, a warning message will pop up, ignore that and click launch the game, f*** ubisoft.

This setting let me play 99% without stuttering, very smooth compared to vanilla. Hope this help to some people out there.

Important: If this still didn't help, then lower the option in game "Level of details" from high to medium or to low, depending of which one is better for your performance.

Cheers.

EDIT: Forgot to say , there are some bugs I found with the mod:

-The trees are dancing like crazy in this mod.
    -Sometimes, cars light start flickering.
    -Whats up with the wind ? vegetation is moving like crazy, but there is no wind ? this is a strange one.
    -Some textures outside chicago looks really low quality.

Well, I am sure the modders are all aware of the issues, just wanted to post what I found.

Screenshots: h t t p ://min.us/mlsywdh9N1BVu

Last edited: Jun 27, 2014
  6. Sinji

Sinji Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 980ti Hybrid
    http://minus.com/

7. parabolee

parabolee Guest

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 770 4GB
    As great as this mod is I simply can not get the game to run without stuttering unless I set the textures to medium (the lowest option available).

I was really really hoping Maldo's texture patch was going to do the job since Ubisoft's patch did nothing, but alas no :(

Considering the fact I have a 4GB GTX 770 in a $2000+ PC, this is simply unacceptable to me and is really preventing me from enjoying the game.

Will try Malevolenced settings above but I am not hopeful. Have wasted probably 20 hours trying to get this game to run correctly. Love the gameplay but the stuttering kills it. I should just play with the crap textures and try and live with it, but I spent over $2000 on this PC so I could run games at the max settings with 60fps. Just not good enough Ubisoft. Will be very hesitant to buy any more Ubisoft games that is for sure!

8. Sinji

Sinji Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 980ti Hybrid
    Yes, it's really sad for such a big developer to have all these issues

but why put a GTX770 in a 2000+ dollar PC!? I'm crying here

9. Kersey

Kersey Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia
    It doesn't have the update v1.3 already in it. Ok. I would've try it out, but your GamerProfile.xml is needed and there's no update.

10. gerardfraser

gerardfraser Guest

GPU:
    R9 290 Crossfire
    The game runs stuttter free for me on Vannilla Ultra 4xMSAA single card.I would like to try out your download,so can you shareyour password you put on your download at speedyshare.

11. Malevolenced

Malevolenced Guest

GPU:
    780ti 3GB
    Thanks you ! :)

12. Lardo

Lardo Guest

GPU:
    R9 280x Toxic 3GB
    Do you have a sweetfx preset along with that? If you do can you share it ;)?

13. Malevolenced

Malevolenced Guest

GPU:
    780ti 3GB
    I hear ya, took me more than that to make my game stable. F*** ubisoft, never buying a game from them again. Anyway, you will want to refresh my post as I added more stuff :)

14. crown85

crown85 Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte Nvidia GTX 780
    Everything works fine!
    I used the mod 0.8, the sweetfx Preset by theworse and the modified XML file.
    I can't link the image because I don't have 10 posts yet

Can sweetfx save screenshots as JPEG?
    BMP is too big

15. Lardo

Lardo Guest

GPU:
    R9 280x Toxic 3GB
    How do you apply the sweetfx? It doesnt work on radeonpro when i try. nor does dragging and dropping the files to the bin folder.

16. dapper_dot

dapper_dot Guest

GPU:
    R9 270X
    I dig the mod, so major kudos to TheWorse. Small suggestion that I haven't seen on here yet, hopefully I didn't miss it somewhere, police density. In the normal game, when you're not being pursued, there are like no cops in Chicago. I think more frequent police spawns could spice up the free roaming aspect of the game. Hopefully it's possible.

17. FriskyNoodle

FriskyNoodle Guest

GPU:
    1070 Seahawk X

"This file can only be downloaded with speedyshare premium."

Sunset, first thing you need to do is
    • Right Click the folder with your tweaks.
    • Click "Add to Archive"
    • Winrar window will pop up
    • Go to compression, choose "normal"
    • Go to "split size, volume" and choose 200mb

Then upload to zippyshare

OR

If you have a torrent client installed you can go to

• "File"
    • "New Torrent"
    • "Add Files"
    • Choose your zipped package, or the 200mb split archive (All Parts)
    • Done

Then upload the xxxxxxxxxx.torrent to zippyshare,mediafire,mega.co.nz and share it here.

Will this work?

18. cmh175

cmh175 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 770 Classified

This is spam, requires a speedy share premium account to access it.

19. Casmithy

Casmithy Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 780 SC ACX
    It's sad nobody can read.. This is only a few pages back.

20. BRAKKUS1

BRAKKUS1 Guest

GPU:
    780ti
    Hey man, gave your settings a go, and still no luck for me, it runs hideous still! Even putting most of the settings to low and still bloody stuttering!! And I have a 780ti like you, mental! This is the worst **** Ubi have put out yet!!!
    Sick of it, last game I'm buying from them on PC.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.