Kadzait24 Watch Dogs MOD ( Game Files + XML ) WIP and download

Discussion in 'Game Tweaks and Modifications' started by kadzait24, Jun 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Essenthy

Essenthy Guest

GPU:
    GTX 980Ti 6GB
    delete

Last edited: Jun 27, 2014
  2. Essenthy

Essenthy Guest

GPU:
    GTX 980Ti 6GB
    dont use the engine defaults config files that are in :

patch_unpack\engine\settings

my machine couldnt handle them, so i had to unpack and remove them, they also caused trees shadow to not be casted anymore ( very dark at night ), unpack the patch and remove the two xml settings config, then remove your gameprofile.xml , restart and let the game create a new profile

and if you are adventurous, you make your own version of the config file located in engine/settings

3. Plissken

Plissken Guest

GPU:
    Asus GTX 980 Strix
    I kind of owe Kad an apology as he first introduced his mod I thought he was full of sh*t. His public beta comes with great enhancements and I would like to congratulate him one more time for the great work he's done. I especially love the new rain system and wind's being always active as it gives you dynamic cloth physics all the time and the environment looks more vivid overall with windy trees/vegetation.

Here's a stutter test video I've recorded using fraps: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xTBgFN93KRs

You can take a look at the description to see what mods I'm using with the game.

Keep the following things in mind though:

- I was able to achieve a smooth gameplay after I upgraded my CPU to 4790 and I don't claim that the mods made my game run like that. The game is so CPU dependent that mods can't do much about performance. In other words, don't expect magic from these guys.

- Maldo's latest texture hack's aim is only to use the ultra textures without getting your game plagued with horrible stutter. It's not a patch that can improve your poor performance, it's a trick that enables you to use once buggy ultra textures in the vanilla game.

4. william456

william456 Guest

GPU:
    MSI Titan X
    Is Maldo texture from theworse0.8?
    And in game settings set the texture on ultra?
    I do that ,but seems still stutter when driver,maybe my cpu is weak and VRAM is not enough

5. Johnthatsme

Johnthatsme Guest

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 780 Ti
    ive compered the game to the e3 2012 video at the same day time, and ive noticed that the wind also in a different direction and not only the sun, it goes from left to right on the video and in the game it goes from right to left...

6. Plissken

Plissken Guest

GPU:
    Asus GTX 980 Strix
    William,

Yes, I've extracted Maldo's tweaked textures from TW 0.8. That should be (unofficially) v3 as the aliasing problem that v2 had is dramatically reduced now.

My in game graphics preset is set to ultra, with HBAO+ High. My preferred AA method is Temporal SMAA as it's performance friendly. Using ultra textures thanks to Maldo's tweak.

What CPU are you using? If it's a 4770K that should be good enough. I assume you have 3 gigs of VRAM on your GTX 780 so you should be theoretically good to go, you have a high-end configuration.

7. BossMafioso

BossMafioso Guest

GPU:
    7970ghz
    For people who asking me for permission to using my DoF. I can't reply PM because i still don't have 15 posts.
    But there is my permission :)

forums.guru3d.com/showpost.php?p=4849321&postcount=4255

8. Plissken

Plissken Guest

GPU:
    Asus GTX 980 Strix
    Your values are great, Boss. I'm using your DOF myself. :)

9. UserB3N3FICIARY

UserB3N3FICIARY Guest

GPU:
    GTX770 sli 2gb

ABOUT THE CPU
    on one other watchdogs forum thread, one user commented that there is a file with a line of code that only have 2 cores active in the settings and you can change that to as many cores you have available...
    i tryed looking for that info again and didnt found it ..i was using my phone when i read that and could get more info on that ..

also did a little test... from 4400mhz on a 2600k i oc to my max stable oc set
    at 4900mhz and didnt notice much diference, also after that test when i get some alert in game, crime or just using my hack on high speed i get fps drops specially when using Q key..
    i will make a system clean install and see is i can get better results...

10. Essenthy

Essenthy Guest

GPU:
    GTX 980Ti 6GB
    everyone should send a beer to kadz !

11. Plissken

Plissken Guest

GPU:
    Asus GTX 980 Strix
    That's curious. I'll look into it, if any fine gents know anything about it feel free to let us know.

12. GODzillaGSPB

GODzillaGSPB Guest

GPU:
    MSI Geforce GTX 760 TwFrz
    Does anybody know:

Can I combine Kadzaits windy_city.game.xml with any other mod to just get the cool new wind effect, or will this screw up the mod? Can it work on it's own or are other mod parts needed?

Thanks in advance.

13. Essenthy

Essenthy Guest

GPU:
    GTX 980Ti 6GB
    combining windy city xml can be very tricky/buggy, i broke my game last night, took me hours to figure out what settings cause what effect, i had to restart a patch from scratch

i can only advice you to keep the original from Kadz

14. Essenthy

Essenthy Guest

GPU:
    GTX 980Ti 6GB
    its located in the common.fat/engine/settings defaultthreadsettings.xml

15. UserB3N3FICIARY

UserB3N3FICIARY Guest

GPU:
    GTX770 sli 2gb
    you are crazy man... he would get drunk and didnt finish the mod! ...
    or release a version with the redsky, trip jumping flowers and zombies npc ...
    crazy stuf ...
    ...he deserve much more than a beer!

16. UserB3N3FICIARY

UserB3N3FICIARY Guest

GPU:
    GTX770 sli 2gb
    hey gracias!

have you try edit the setting?what are the results?
    does it works?

17. GODzillaGSPB

GODzillaGSPB Guest

GPU:
    MSI Geforce GTX 760 TwFrz
    Nah, my idea was to use Kadz windy_city.game.xml with TheWorse mod. Yes I know, blasphemie, but Kadz mod is currently not playable performance-wise, so I use TheWorse with minimal effects and the Realvision SweetFX 1.31. ;)

18. william456

william456 Guest

GPU:
    MSI Titan X
    4770k@4.3G,i think the problem is 3G vram

test on ubi 1.03 and 0.3 kadzait24 5b3 and lock 35fps

recorded 2 videos,(ps:white sky is cloud to rain)

with maldo texture,more stutter
    http://youtu.be/N7otEAdzLWU

without maldo texture

http://youtu.be/Br8ZWdsRLiI

19. Hoofing28

Hoofing28 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 780TI dualclas - 3GB
    Thank you

THANKS M8 !! I am desperate to play the game on my rig but just can’t as the stuttering is so bad and gamplay seems laggy this suck big time!! I can run on ultra but only with medium textures the game is playable but it just does not feel finished. Obviously medium textures looks like crap compared to ultra. Answer me this if you can (anyone welcome) do you think we will ever be able to play this game on Ultra with ultra or high textures with no lag or stutter and butter smooth gameplay and driving at Pc respectable FPS on high end GPU’s ????

And one last Question why is this game so broken??

Anyways thanks for the good work so far keep it up !!
    Ps i am trying to find WaLdo's texture pac for stutter fix but cant seem to locate the download file?????

20. Plissken

Plissken Guest

GPU:
    Asus GTX 980 Strix
    Are they supposed to look white? I didn't even notice that.

GODzillaGSPB,

In order to get Kad's wind working you need to have the wind.lib file, the wind values in the defaultgameconfig.xml and all the files inside the worlds/windy city folder. Do not mix the files in the windy city folder with others as that causes the wind to stop working. That was one of the tricky business I had to learn while merging mods. I maybe had like one hundred different packing/unpacking done yesterday to get the effects that I want to work.

Thank you so much, bud. I'll try tweaking it now and get you guys back with the results.

william456,

That might be the case, actually with ultra textures on the game uses a little more than 3 gigs of VRAM. See my post here for some numbers: http://forums.guru3d.com/showpost.php?p=4851148&postcount=530

Hoofing28,

See my video in the previous page. I can do it, some of us can't. Don't know what's wrong with the game honestly.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.