Nvidia GeForce 340.43 Beta Driver download & discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by kens30, Jun 17, 2014.

1. Thunderbolt8

Thunderbolt8 Active Member

GPU:
    Geforce GTX 760M
    not a good driver, dota 2 drops by 5-10 fps for me.

2. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    Well done, I did the same.
    Gameplay is boring enough nvm crap stuttering all over the place.
    Imo they should have keep it optimizing for another year or not release at all, if this **** is the new standard from ubisoft then good bye The Divison and Good bye twimtbp ubi games..

3. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black

Yep I was just encoding yesterday and now, but no go no cuda @ latest Any Video Converter 5.6.3.. Only OpenCL, but its cpu mostly..

[​IMG]

4. heymian

heymian Guest

GPU:
    ASUS Strix GTX 1080 Ti
    What setting? Where?

5. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    Ok interesting thing about this driver and gpu oc sensitivity.

I use to pass ok @ 1215mhz in something like Hardreset *4xmsaa with any R337 driver. Its no1 stress test so far, especially with msaa on.
    Now with 340.43 max 1189mhz - 2 steeps lower.
    *It starts consume a lot power power.

Resident evil6 2nd no1 stress test passed ok at 1215mhz just like r337 branch.

Last edited: Jun 27, 2014
  6. Steve30x

Steve30x Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX 7900GRE
    Look in the settings box on the right and the bottom setting (prefered refresh rate). It allows me to override games refresh rate to the maximum my monitor will do (144Hz)
    [​IMG]

7. EdKiefer

EdKiefer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF 3060ti
    So your saying with these your now hitting power TDP limit and its down clocking , not that driver is resetting and you lowered OC ?

8. EdKiefer

EdKiefer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF 3060ti
    I see new feild there but don't really follow what your saying .
    AFAIK game has no input to refresh rate, that is just something set in windows desktop (res/refresh rate) .
    So if you set 144 there and ran Vsync on or adaptive Vsync your frps can go to 144 . Maybe this allows not having to make custom res/refresh rate to get 144 ?

9. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    Nope, I thought I wrote it clear enough ;)

Im saying with 340.43 & higher OC it puts more pressure on gpu and driver resets it sooner., I had to lower gpu OC to that speed mentioned above. 337.xx wasn't so demanding. Fps was around the same with lower OC.

I mentioned powerlimit, because this game HardReset is no1 that uses a lot power power once you enable MSAA and can throttle a little (doesn't affect gpu OC stability, 1215mhz was stable with 337.xx). No other game is like that, maybe Rift a little with SSAA or TR with tressfx..

So anyway I hope its not because nvidia decided to limit 780 further.

Although Im ok in 3dmark Skydiver @1228mhz (340.43) can hit power limit too few times, but obviously its not so demanding like ie Resident Evil6 that passes max 1215mhz..

10. applejack

applejack Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3070 Ventus 3X

the "preferred refresh rate" setting in NVCP is nothing new, has been there for years now. also controllable via nvinspector.

you might have to install the monitor's inf for it to appear.
    its not controllable if 3dvision enabled, and not sure if available for 60hz monitors.

this setting is highly beneficial for high refresh rate monitors, for games that automatically set refresh to 60hz, or do not have 120/144hz refresh rates selectable in game's video options.

11. EdKiefer

EdKiefer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF 3060ti
    Ok, missed resetting driver, but seems there been reports ever since 337.50 that many with high OC had to lower it a bit . Maybe bump up voltage 10mv might over come the issue .

12. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    Nvm, I did all that and more. :)

I got the gpu ~ month ago and went right to 337.xx.
    I found all my OC's with 337.xx, that's why I mentioned 340.xx doesn't like 1215mhz oc anymore by that uber stress test HardReset benchmark 4xaa, even with max voltage.

It looked like it doesn't react fast enough by power limit - when it throttles and ramps up to max clock it driver reset..
    I mean if it can't handle steady 1215mhz @ max 110% power it usually downclocked 1-2 steeps and then raised back to 1202- 1215mhz, not fail in between while doing it. Like I said all 337.xx were ok in this scenario.

For example 340.43 completely fixed Grid2, *driver info mentioned better Grid3 support
    I saw it now uses "higher" boost by default (stock freq. boost) @ vsync and it prevented the game from occasional black screen or pauses like few reported or driver reset with high msaa. It could happen by start or during the race.

I guess they fixed power/clock for one game and then conflicted by others that are more brute force on power limit.
    lol just a wild guess, because RE6 benchmark and the rest is still ok @ 1215mhz, made a tough benchmark stress test TR with tressfx + 4xssaa, hitman ultra + 4xmsaa, Grid3 max, Metro LL ultra and few more.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2014
  13. Steve30x

Steve30x Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX 7900GRE
    Fixed that

My monitor does 144Hz and if I set that to maximum possible it overrides the refresh rate in all games I play. Also I dont have to make a custom resolution to set my monitor to 144Hz

14. Steve30x

Steve30x Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX 7900GRE
    This is the first time Ive ever seen it. It wasnt there with 337.88 , 337.90 or 337.91 for me and I have this monitor a few weeks. I had those other drivers installed with this monitor installed and it wasnt in the control panel until I installed this driver.

15. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    I been using the program for years glad to see other people use it. i was using 3.x.x version though I never updated to till now.

On 337.50 cuda and opencl are both check able I checked cuda and seem to be working, but then only converted like 3mb video files and that was pretty much instant.

I probably wont update driver till 343.xxx drivers as as there no glaring issue that bother me and i not in to this change the driver and test every new driver any more.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2014

16. BedantP

BedantP Guest

GPU:
    1660Ti

That's what everyone says when a new UBISOFT game is released for PC.
    Modders > Devs :)

I don't get why Devs are targeting consoles with crappy hardware?

We need a separate development section for PC and consoles....

GTA 4, AC4 etc. are just CRAP

17. elite69

elite69 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA rtx 2060 6gb
    real lagy performance on quake 4 on a gt610 back tho the other drivers

18. CJLMTLCA

CJLMTLCA Guest

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 980 Ti
    Same thing for me when using a converter with cuda capability. No nvidia logo in the corner:

[​IMG]

19. Lucifer

Lucifer Guest

GPU:
    Gainward RTX 2060S
    You could try flashing to a modded bios, no ?

20. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    What for? :)
    I dont mind if it downclocks a little in HardReset benchmark, the problem is now it driver resets while downclocking in between.

With any 337.xx it was fine using the same 100% stable oc, actually this HardReset was it.

I ran multiple times and never had any driver fail while downclocking by those parts at this particular 1215mhz boost using the same powerlimit 110% (modded from stock 106%)..
    Anything higher ie 116% didnt made the difference @ 1215mhz+ and this HardReset benchmark @ 337.xx it would driver reset tdr no matter what, higher ram oc would freeze the game.
    I would have to unlock extra voltage though.. But nah cause gpu voltage is already unlocked to 62mv, but driver seems to be limiting? to max 1.187v.

I saw one guru3d user with 2 titan blacks, and 2 780ti saying the same, he said all were unlocked to 1.216v now most locked to 1.187v, one to 1.20v..

Last edited: Jun 29, 2014