Kadzait24 Watch Dogs MOD ( Game Files + XML ) WIP and download

Discussion in 'Game Tweaks and Modifications' started by kadzait24, Jun 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. theFFOoL

theFFOoL Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 750 Ti 2GB
    care to share that bud :)

2. Plissken

Plissken Guest

GPU:
    Asus GTX 980 Strix
    That's something I can unfortunately not do as my internet is super cr*ppy, but that's not a complex process. It just took some time.

First I downloaded TheWorse's 0.8 mod combined with Maldo's latest aliasing-free texture hack and unpacked the archive to get the texture files alone. Then downloaded Kad's mod and did a simple copy/paste and packed the whole thing again. Not sure if it worked but I added Ubi's own patch files into the mix as well. As I stated I disabled some effects and left some for my taste so it's kind of a combination of every mod available (Kad's tweaks -excluding the ones I don't like-, Ubi's patch, Maldo's textures, Boss's DOF).

You can do that as well, just download the disrupt unpacker program which allows you to pack/unpack mod files so that you can pick bits and pieces of every dat/fat file available and make your own version depending on how you want it to be.

Last edited: Jun 27, 2014
  3. ToyTen

ToyTen Maha Guru

GPU:
    7900xtx Taichi OC
    I think DoF is too close
    [​IMG]

apppart from that i love it

4. theFFOoL

theFFOoL Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 750 Ti 2GB
    this mod? yes it works fine

5. PC-GTX

PC-GTX Guest

GPU:
    GTX 650 Ti Boost SC 2 GB
    Hello, as I told others. I want to try the beta 0.2, then 0.3 beta
    I asked for the password to facebook Kadzait24 MOD. Kadzait24 put the steps there.

6. 4treyu

4treyu Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 670 SC
    Hey Plissken, I'm familiar with the unpacking/repacking thing, I just want to know, what's the name of the folder containing the textures when unpacked?

Is it the whole one called "graphics"?

7. Gurumbada

Gurumbada Member

GPU:
    gtx 680 / 2G
    If you can unpack & repack patch.fat,dat, open engine\settings\defaultgameconfig.xml , change timescale to 36(default), but the "timescale" value of 'kadzait24 mod 5 0.3 version' is just "40" (no much difference..)

8. Essenthy

Essenthy Guest

GPU:
    GTX 980Ti 6GB
    guys if you dont like the dof disable it, or take the dof from other modders and add it to the patch for your own use, the dof complains are getting retarded

9. OverlordDoorpy

OverlordDoorpy Guest

GPU:
    GTX 770 2GB
    It looks pretty nice tbh. I think performance wise, it goes to TheWorse's mod and visually, it goes to Kadzait.

Most prominent bug is the headlight bug besides that, haven't seen anything.

Also something that annoys me is the fake reflection in certain building windows.

10. Plissken

Plissken Guest

GPU:
    Asus GTX 980 Strix
    That's the value I've been looking for, Gurumbada. Thank you bud.

4treyu,

That was the confusing part actually, in order to know which files are Maldo's in tw 0.8 I had to download the Maldo Shutter Fix V2 and take a look inside the package to make a comparison. I can't remember the whole list right now but I'll get you back with a proper list a couple of minutes later.

11. 4treyu

4treyu Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 670 SC
    @Plissken Thanks!

12. Sevlagoth

Sevlagoth Guest

GPU:
    Geforce Gtx 770 2Gb
    Hey Kadz amazing work you've got going on here!

Here goes a comparison between Beta 0.2 and 0.3.

The Beta 0.2 video has the patch 1.3 applied. Most noticeable problem - Aiden's jacket doesn't get wet from the rain (maybe a side effect of ubisoft 1.3 patch)
    - Being played at 1080p with the recommended settings by Kadz + Ultra textures and 2x TXAA:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_oUmc1HJJqg

And now the Beta 0.3 without patch 1.3 applied (Aiden's jacket gets wet). Everything is Maxed out (ultra textures, ultra shadows, ultra everything + 2x TXAA).
    I get better performance with ultra shadows, than I get with High Shadows(?). Can anyone explain why? Does something get disabled with ultra shadows?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TZ8OZKRYC_k

Can you elaborate on this Kadzait?

13. Plissken

Plissken Guest

GPU:
    Asus GTX 980 Strix
    4treyu,

Yeah that's it. It should be just the graphics folder.

14. apple890

apple890 Guest

GPU:
    GTX 760
    Guys remember to rate this thread 5 stars!!!

15. lucasdursi

lucasdursi Guest

GPU:
    Radeon R9 280x
    I just do it !

My download is finish, i'm going to play a little and i come back later with my opinion about this beta :banana:

16. Warpy

Warpy Guest

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Very impressive Kadz and good on you for making this a public release, is it possible to donate?

17. theFFOoL

theFFOoL Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 750 Ti 2GB
    I really like this mod but my system struggles with it :pc1:

18. kadzait24

kadzait24 Guest

GPU:
    2 Way SLI PNY GTX 770 2GB
    Hey, thanks to everyone first for the support.

About the shadows, thats because Ultra preset had an old settings and high is using a newer tweaked settings to allow more performance, maybe in your rig, the old settings works better.

I will also fix the shadows for next release.

About performance, one thing i noticed is the LODs but i really dont want to low them more, since right now i actually dont like it since for example at the E3 Theatre part, you walk away half a block and the letters from the theatre are not visible anymore, you walk in some meters and they appears. I will fix that LOD, other than that, it will be just lowering visuals to get more performance.

Next release will contain improvements and the headlight shadow fix hopefully.

Im also testing some other stuff and doing more object texturing, so expect the same but better for next release.

19. OverlordDoorpy

OverlordDoorpy Guest

GPU:
    GTX 770 2GB
    Kadz, have you noticed the fake window reflections?

20. kadzait24

kadzait24 Guest

GPU:
    2 Way SLI PNY GTX 770 2GB
    Of course i noticed, one thing changed is the reflection mapping actually, thing is to remove the fake reflection i need to tweak the atlas from the game and i cant get it to that. I can disable the reflection mapping but it results in nothing at all reflecting, just a matte texture, pretty annoying if you think it will be anywhere, doesnt even reflects light.

Now with the tweak and mapping changes, the new reflection has specular and reflection changes, so it will actually reflect light. You can see this change as an example by looking at my YT video "FUN HELL MODE" .

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.