After hours testing... Watch Dogs (E3 Bloom effect working) # Part 2

Discussion in 'Game Tweaks and Modifications' started by TheWorse, Jun 22, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sunset

Sunset Maha Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC 3070 TE OC
    otherwise???

2. finite

finite Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia/3gb
    Has anyone got the official Ubisoft 1.3 Patch (19mb) unpacked that I could download off you please?

3. peshellas

peshellas Guest

GPU:
    Asus R9 270X OC 2GB GDDR5
    [GUIDE] Sweetfx + ReUploaded the Patches

As promised before, here is the link for my folder in mega, containing theworse 0.8 full 850mb patch, sweetfx preset, the fix created by Lunayah(i personally find the original 0.8 better looking), and simple guides for everyone to be able to use the configuration without problems, and inject sweetfx with win8.1 64bit(and any windows probably).

Attention, i only have 10GB bandwidth on Mega so only download what u need, i get some new bandwidh per 30 minutes cause i got a free account, so download ONLY what you need!!

Link: https :// mega.co.nz /#F!1oISmQrI!x_YMngFkgH0wgrNIJ8WNEA

HOW TO USE THE 0.8 VERSION WITH THE CONFIGURATOR:

Step 1: Download and extract theworse 0.8 + configurator on your desktop(or anywhere else)

Step 2: Open the folder you extracted the mod and look for the folder "WDT_Data" and open it. Then find the folder "Mod_Selection" and open that too.

Step 3: Find the file "Gibbed.Disrupt.Pack.exe" and open its properties. Go to compatibility and tick the tab to always execute it as administrator. Also in the General tab of the properties loo at the botom, it will say something like "Unblock"( i have a non english version so i translated this phrase but you will easily find it). Click OK to exit the properties and save your changes.

Step 4: Find the "Config" folder and edit the "WDTConfig.cfg" by placing in the line saying Game_Path, the full path to your game folder. For example Game_Path=C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Watch_Dogs\, or wherever the game is installed.

Step 5: Go back to the root folder, and run as administrator the "WDTooL.exe" and set the settings you want and click the top button of the 3 to apply the settings and a cmd window will open. Dont do anything, just wait till the cmd window vanishes and your patch will have been created and applied.

Step 6: Run your game and enjoy that was it. Look below on how to apply sweetfx effects.

HOW TO APPLY THEWORSE(or any) SWEETFX:

Step 1: Download and install Randeon Pro, but install it at the root of your HDD( C: ), and not in the program files.

Step 2: Create a folder where you will keep the sweetfx files and extract theworse sweetfx in that folder.

Step 3: Run the Randeon Pro(if it doesnt open after a while look at the tray it might be minimized there). Click on the setting icon and go to the tab "sweetfx settings", and click on the enable box. Also in that tab click the button "change" to choose the folder of theworse sweetfx, so find the folder where you saved it and choose it. Save and close the settings.

Step 4: Click the button(first button at the top) that says "Add profile" and choose the watch_dogs.exe from your install folder, and click ok.

Step 5: On the left panel choose your game profile and on the right panel choose the sweetfx tab. There just click "Enable sweetfx".

Step 6: Right click your profile and click on the "Apply now".

Step 7: Thats it just keep Randeon Pro running and launch your game. This guide can be used for any preset probably.

Sorry for the long post, i just wanted to make it easy for everyone to use and hopefully make it easier for "theworse", so that in the next patch he will not have to abandon the configurator, since it really is a handy easy tool, that allows for smaller files to be downloaded for all the different pressets he wants to make. Enjoy!

P.S.: Thanks to everyone that made these tweaks possible, theworse, maldo,vaas and everyone i might forget!

Last edited: Jun 26, 2014
  4. UserB3N3FICIARY

UserB3N3FICIARY Guest

GPU:
    GTX770 sli 2gb
    Sunset i really hope you have some goods textures uploading and ready to share... otherwise i will release the rest of the internet trolls on you!
    porcamadona!

5. wunkley

wunkley Guest

GPU:
    780Ti SLI
    Watchdogs.

6. Sunset

Sunset Maha Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC 3070 TE OC
    son, I'm upload to a speedyshare ... I have to do more than this? you continue to insult me, but here goes mica well ... not all good, congratulations ... if the connection is slow ... I can not do anything and however repeat: otherwise?

7. gerardfraser

gerardfraser Guest

GPU:
    R9 290 Crossfire
    Single 290 can run the game smooth on various mods and vanilla patch.
    Crossfire does not work with a few mods.
    You can change the defaultrenderconfig file and repack it again.Some mods will give better FPS than others,you have to experiment to find the best mod for your machine.

defaultrenderconfig found in the unpacked patch files:\engine\settings

8. UserB3N3FICIARY

UserB3N3FICIARY Guest

GPU:
    GTX770 sli 2gb
    If calling you out as a troll is a insult to you, i will apologise as soon as i can test your miracle textures and see for my self the worm transform in to a buttlerfly.

Peace

9. Casmithy

Casmithy Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 780 SC ACX
  10. UserB3N3FICIARY

UserB3N3FICIARY Guest

GPU:
    GTX770 sli 2gb

11. Sunset

Sunset Maha Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC 3070 TE OC
    it is an insult, not miraculous texture there are also some setting I can not guarantee that you can put on a 760 ultra textures, always has 2GB of video ram this is a limit ...

12. peshellas

peshellas Guest

GPU:
    i have downloaded it and check what it adds, also @theworse , or anyone that knows how, i wanna try to research the game myself but wanted to ask, once i unpack the files and unpack the libs to folders, i must repack those libs back or just repack the whole root folder and leave the extracted libs as xmls?

13. amdatiradeon

amdatiradeon Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire 7850 2gb OC
    I still have error "watch dogs path not defined"

14. Edgarhighmen

Edgarhighmen Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire 1gb HDradeon5770
    Do you mean Radeon Pro ? what does it do with sweetFX? The sweetFX I found in OP thread made my game look grainy. (My video card is in RMA, so I can only play on medium using a 5770)

HOW Do you get to the other settings in WD Tool? I only get a few but I've seen more... bottom arrows don't work on GUI.

15. peshellas

peshellas Guest

GPU:
    you need to put your correct game path in the file i mentioned and save the file where it says game_path. you got steam or uplay version?

16. peshellas

peshellas Guest

GPU:
    There is only one page of settings or now from what i have seen i applied everything on at the maximum choices, normal camera and light dof, and the game is stunning. right now i am gonna try to edit my xml to use some of the ps4 hidden setting i think i might have discovered hidden by the name "orbis" not ps4 or console, and post back if it improves stuttering and if it increases or decreases quality.

17. MikeG

MikeG Master Guru

GPU:
    Titan RTX
    Yes I found the closed thread and later I'll download the mod which includes the wind effects. But..the colors are more natural and less colorful than in the first 0.8v according to people who've used both. I even saw a screenshot in the thread and it was less colorful and I can understand some people consider this to be a more natural look.

For me I tend to like bright colorful scenes, not cartoonish but still realistic. Don't thousands of us. Anyway it looks like in 0.9v we may able to choose pairs of .dat & .fat files that have normal color, reddish, or bluish, and one other I think.

18. Trooper

Trooper Member

GPU:
    2x MSI GTX970 G1 4GB
    to complicated

sorry to be such a noob.. but i find the whole 0.8 mod installation procces to complicated...

0.6 and 0.7 where really easy just download the files and place them in the C:\ \data_win64 folder and replacing the patch.dat and patch .fat that was a was a no brainer ...

but this whole 0.8 looks more for people who are very experienced with modding and stuff... i seriously took 1 minute for every step like described but... something goes really wrong. i see alot of folders and .exe's i really find it complicated and would really love someone to explain it easier to me like i w was a 9 year old kid.. i find in this forum too much different mods crossing each other over and i just can't catch up which mod is the one i need. people are posting screenshots of all kind of crossover mods and that makes it even more complicated for me..

so please my request is to exlpain this whole 0.8 proces once more and if possible with screenshots..

my thanks would be infinite

sorry to be such a noob...

19. jim2point0

jim2point0 Guest

GPU:
    Asus Strix 2080TI
  20. peshellas

peshellas Guest

GPU:
    My friend on my guide if you look carefull you will se that i explain exactly the names of each folder and eac exe file like you said. seriously read the guide carefully. I had never done similar mods not even in farcry, and i got this without someone explaining, but many people had issues and i made that guide read it through and it explains veeeery detailed what to do.i have quoted the exact names of folders and files, look very carefully. If u still got issues i might try to make more detailed guide and pm you tommorow maybe.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.