After hours testing... Watch Dogs (E3 Bloom effect working) # Part 2

Discussion in 'Game Tweaks and Modifications' started by TheWorse, Jun 22, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. machine4578

machine4578 Guest

GPU:
    GEForce GTX 660 2GB
    yes i am sure other effects associated with it, but i dont know how to mod that file(i asked many pages back but no one asnswered)..

so i used the one from MaLDo's WD_PATCH_FIX_2 since i use his textures, it seems to work out well for me..

2. Sunset

Sunset Maha Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC 3070 TE OC
    yes yes ok the videos speak for themselves son, no problem your nick is just a guarantee that suits you ... :banana::banana::banana:

3. Casmithy

Casmithy Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 780 SC ACX
    First:

RENAME windy_city.game.xml TO windy_city.game.rml
    DRAG AND DROP windy_city.game.rml ONTO Gibbed.Disrupt.ConvertXml.exe
    NEW windy_city.xml is output. Edit this file now.

Once done editing:

DRAG AND DROP windy_city.xml ONTO Gibbed.Disrupt.ConvertXml.exe
    NEW windy_city_converted.rml is output.
    RENAME windy_city_converted.rml TO windy_city.game.xml

Done!

4. FriskyNoodle

FriskyNoodle Guest

GPU:
    1070 Seahawk X
    I can unpack Watched Dogs with Gibbed tools too.
    I can drag a lib file to gibbed.disrupt.binarytoxml.exe
    I can use a binhex converter
    I can use cheat engine

Seriously, **** anyone that says its "their" work, it should just be an unwritten rule of respect, one person tweaks this, another tweaks that, it shouldnt be a god damn competition to see who can get more popular just so Ubisoft can claim copyright and tell people to stop releasing modified files of their work.

5. schidddy

schidddy Member

GPU:
    Sapphire 290x Crossfire
    crossfire is working fine when using vanilla version, just when i use the worse's mod the scaling is going crazy acting even worse then using a single card. Using just one card isnt the goal, for that i didnt buy two 290x :D

6. Stolen_X

Stolen_X Guest

Im not complaining who what stole from who.I just wanted to show the progress.

P.S>But its obviously... who is who.

7. machine4578

machine4578 Guest

GPU:
    GEForce GTX 660 2GB
    @Casmithy
    thanks for that info about modding the windy_city.game.xml.
    i very much appreciate it!

8. Edgarhighmen

Edgarhighmen Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire 1gb HDradeon5770
    that merge tool would be handy for merging maldo's textures to each new TheWorst mod.

The configurator was all screwed up on my end, dunno why. Even after changing the setting in IE (stupid) it would only let me view the first set of options on the GUI, not all of them.

The game looks grainy (will try without sweetfx) But the textures are great and it runs better than before this mod/patch LOL.

I put in Worst .08 (from 07) and sweetfx/maldo all at once.

PASTING a file in a folder is way easier than troubleshooting a broken GUI.

Glad some people had no probs, can someone take screenies of the COMPLETE list of options on the GUI? Would like to see what I didn't get to use (its bugged here)

9. Casmithy

Casmithy Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 780 SC ACX
    In a thread that belongs to someone else? You're clearly just an idiot with nothing productive to do.

Go find a rock, take said rock in hand, and bash it against your face. That way, we all win.

10. WhoIsBrightside

WhoIsBrightside Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GeForce 550 Ti (2GB)
    It's getting to a point for me where I don't even care about what the game looks like, I just want to get it to run decent on my rig. I can't afford a 300 dollar graphics card and I can run most games on high settings. I play at 768p anyways so the differences compared to "ultra" would be almost invisible to me anyways. This game is just the ****s when it comes to running half decent. MalDo's textures were a large leap forward, but it still studders a bit for me and I'm still not at a fps where the game's response feels right. I still crash all the time when driving because of the choppy fps.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2014

11. Edgarhighmen

Edgarhighmen Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire 1gb HDradeon5770
    whats different in that 1.11gb file? I downloaded it too, but i'm using the 845mb file right now.

12. GODzillaGSPB

GODzillaGSPB Guest

GPU:
    MSI Geforce GTX 760 TwFrz
    lol I give up. What a brilliant decision to close the other topic because the mods felt like it was one topic too much. Never seen something like this tbh.

This thread is moving so fast, if one asks a question he's already on the next page 5 minutes later. -.- Splitting it up in several topics for some sub-modifications was a good idea in absence of a dedicated Watch_Dogs subforum.

But yeah, whatever. I will now just watch the startposts for real updates. Anything else is just too annoying. :(

13. UserB3N3FICIARY

UserB3N3FICIARY Guest

GPU:
    GTX770 sli 2gb
    @ machine4578

YOUR MOD VERSION DID WOUNDERS IN MY SYS, only have some fps drops in some zones when there is loots of headlights flikering at night, worked much better than vanila0.8mod... not so many bugs.
    ... if you have other version without the textures i would like to test that version... becouse waldo has good intentions for sure but i dont like playing with those texture... looks cheap and that im not using AA at all... even at TXAA4x.
    Thank You machine4578 and everyone that helped achive this!

14. KuroTenshi

KuroTenshi Guest

GPU:
    GTX 970 4gb @ 1177/1402
    Yes, I have also this pride not lower settings, except Antialiasing. But I lowered them anyway and found tricks to compensate.

What I wanted to say is The Worse and Maldo do what they want and I find very nice of them to share it with us. Let them have their life and their game !
    I wanted to say too, as a developer, that the game had been well designed and developed (but badly edited). You have settings for "computers of the future", contrary to a lot of games. We can thank the dev team to have let the code the editor forbade them to use (to promote next-gen consoles (that would bundle the game) and because "PC players are pirates").

I don't know what it will be with GTA V pc, but technically, this game, as developers wanted it to be, and as modders arranged it, is excellent. It annoys me when a good and big work is insulted, and when people, who doesn't know anything, are always complaining.
    Maybe it would have been better to use PS4 as a base for the game. It would have been uglier, more limited, but smooth and nobody would have expected "the moon". I am sure nobody would have whined like currently.

15. Omerta

Omerta Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 760 OC 4GB
    You talk too much, my friend.. Please stop or go to another topic..

16. arias51

arias51 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 780 GTX Superclocked
    Two thumbs up for you! :)
    Finally, a post that actually is helpful. Lock the thread now!

17. micronn

micronn Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX560Ti 1GB
    Thanks.

I agree.

18. Noctisky

Noctisky Guest

GPU:
    GTX 770 2gb
    How to fix the wind effect ??

19. GODzillaGSPB

GODzillaGSPB Guest

GPU:
    MSI Geforce GTX 760 TwFrz
    There was a submod for this but the topic was closed. Look for the closed topic I guess. ^^

20. amdatiradeon

amdatiradeon Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire 7850 2gb OC
    damn !!! i followed the instruction on the first page but i still have "WATCH DOGS PATH NOT DEFINED" :(

Last edited: Jun 26, 2014
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.