After hours testing... Watch Dogs (E3 Bloom effect working) # Part 2

Discussion in 'Game Tweaks and Modifications' started by TheWorse, Jun 22, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VikMorroHun

VikMorroHun Guest

GPU:
    GTX 780 Ti
    Thanks, man. I was uploading a repacked version (725 MB) but it would took me 5 hours at least.

I'll just post a corrected readme then.
    1 - Download the file, decompress into any folder you want.
    2 - Start the tool by running WDTooL.exe
    3 - Select your settings and press the tick button to apply changes
    4 - A new window will appear. Do not close this window. Wait until it finishes its task. (On slower systems this can take several minutes.)
    5 - Close the tool with the X button in the lower right corner

If something is stuck press the middle button on the right to reset the settings.
    If everything is ok a patch.dat and patch.fat file will be created in your Watch_Dogs\data_win64 folder. At this point you can run the game. :)

2. kriskus24

kriskus24 Guest

GPU:
    Asustek GTX 560M - 2GB
    yes you can simply delete those patch files and replace your backups, or just simply overwrite those patch files with your backups

3. arias51

arias51 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 780 GTX Superclocked

Or you can just download a single file here...
    USA East Coast Server

The Worse WatchDogs 0.8 Download Link

www.firingsquad.us

4. Edgarhighmen

Edgarhighmen Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire 1gb HDradeon5770
    WHAT IS THIS? I can't click anything, also RUN doesn't work, and if I exit that box it says ERROR =/ also there seems to be more settings that I can't view unless the screen goes weird (from maximize, minimize) and I can't move the big phone GUI.

[​IMG]

5. arias51

arias51 Guest

GPU:

It's an IE setting that needs to be changed. Not sure what page it was listed on....so many posts.

6. Grimbarian

Grimbarian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3070 Ti
    I think at this point we could pick any random page of this thread and the bug has been posted about and the solution posted.

7. cmh175

cmh175 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 770 Classified
    You really shouldn't use Internet Explorer for anything other than downloading Firefox.

8. kriskus24

kriskus24 Guest

GPU:
    Asustek GTX 560M - 2GB
    you sir deserve a respect, so many people never try to understand this simple thing

9. TheWorse

TheWorse Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX680@1300/6900
    I'll not rush another version of the modification. There is many people on this thread right now that think I'm a machine that has to do everything for them, I focus on the most important aspects of the game, I don't make rain and explosion videos. So please if you want a rain simulator this is not your thread. Next version will be released like it used to be before. With folders including a patch.dat file so you can place it in your data_win64 folder and run the game, easy stuff.

10. Edgarhighmen

Edgarhighmen Guest

GPU:
    Thank you TheWorse.

11. MikeG

MikeG Master Guru

GPU:
    Titan RTX
    ^^ So I did ok holding off installing the configurator. I had a feeling.

12. arias51

arias51 Guest

GPU:
    It doesn't have anything to due with what browser you use (I use Firefox and Chrome). It has to do with how Maldo's config tool works.

And Grimbarian was right... I just went randomly to a page '72' and here...

WDtool popup hidden instruction.
    Go to Internet Options
    Security tab
    Custom level
    Scroll down to misc
    Launching applications
    Tick enable **change back when done**

Go back to wdtool and try again.
    Command prompt should flash
    Then check data file for patch.fat/dat file

13. SoloCreep

SoloCreep Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080 TI
    Although it really sucks to lower settings and I hate to do it myself. If I play with things turned way up I get stutter. If I select medium presets my game has absolutely no stutter at all. Then one setting at a time I will start turning things back up. As soon as the stutter comes back, I take the last change I made and move it back down. We all want to believe our pc's can run this game at ultra everything but its not possible in its current state "there are some exceptions". As for mods, a mod will only get you so much performance. For some, mods can give better performance and for others its worse. Some of you need to swallow that pride and lower some of your graphic settings because for a lot of people it will smooth it out.

14. Plissken

Plissken Guest

GPU:
    Asus GTX 980 Strix
    With no Maldo Texture Hack integration? Configurator was the best idea you've come up with so far, are you now going back the crude dat/fat releases? That's a step in the wrong direction, if you allow me to say. If people are not competent enough to use the tool to create the dat/fat files themselves, maybe they should not bother themselves with modding the game. It's not a difficult thing to do, why are you stepping back for novices? A simple readme file which tells how to do it step by step should be more than enough, it's not your fault when people can't get it to work.

I'd suggest Maldo to release it as a seperate download if he plans on decreasing the aliasing on some textures even further then, he's definitely on the right track with his tweaks as it's actually allowing me to use the ultra textures with no stutters at all.

I'm using Maldo's latest texture hack with mipmaps/little aliasing problem (extracted from TW 0.8 integrated archive), The Worse's bloom.lib file and Boss's cameracontext.lib, of course, combined with Ubi's 1.3 patch files. No other trick or graphics enhancement and this seems to be the best mixture for me so thanks for all the hard work guys. I'd still appreciate an update on the texture hack so Maldo, if you plan to update the files please let us know with a seperate download as I'm mainly interested in your ultra texture trick, not other visual enhancements.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2014
  15. WhoIsBrightside

WhoIsBrightside Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GeForce 550 Ti (2GB)
    As myself and many others have stated, we realize you're a "one man band" and are doing this work in your free time. I'm sure a lot of the people on here who are complaining about 0.9 taking too long are probably children on Summer vacation or people who don't know what it's like to balance hobbies with real life.

Please take any time you need, and it might even help if you made a small group of about 5 users who could test things out for you, let you know of glitches, if settings need adjustments, etc. Would take some of the load of testing all of this off your back too.

16. MikeG

MikeG Master Guru

GPU:
    Titan RTX
    So I'm having a few laughs going over the posts about problems with the configurator now that it appears from TW's last post the configurator will not be making a return to 0.9v. I know that may sound mean about the laughs but I didn't run the configurator, only downloaded it so I didn't go through any of the hardships with it.

Edit: and the TW 0.8 looks great btw which I installed from a zip file that does not include the configurator. It doesn't have all the choices but seems like ultra textures are showing up and there is some stuttering but I can deal with it.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2014
  17. Zarloc

Zarloc Guest

GPU:
    GTX670 2GB 1306/7008
    I can make a mirror of this mod on my dedicated server with 1gbps connection.
    No more need to change the mirror every day.
    I can hold any version of TheWorse mod and all variants.

This interests you?

PS: of course links are no speed limited, and direct.

18. Edgarhighmen

Edgarhighmen Guest

GPU:
    i enabled the setting in IE which made wdtool.exe play music and I supposed it worked - but how do I view the extra settings on wdtool (there's like pages or something?)

Enhanced Rain, ambient fog, wind etc. Only the first set of options visible on launch show up, the rest show up if the program glitches out. But I can't use it after the program glitches (screen is all messed up)

19. flexinho

flexinho Guest

GPU:
    KFA2 RTX 3060 Ti 8G
    I had no problems with the configurator and, in my opinion, it was a good decission to use a configurator, because everyone can configurate the settings for his own. It just needs some bugfixing.

20. TheWorse

TheWorse Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX680@1300/6900
    The configurator is not a problem, but the installation is hard for some people so I have to make a version as simple as I can.

About versions I'll try to make some different presets.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.