After hours testing... Watch Dogs (E3 Bloom effect working) # Part 2

Discussion in 'Game Tweaks and Modifications' started by TheWorse, Jun 22, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TonyMBR

TonyMBR Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 770 SC ACX 2GB
    Ok, here I go with my impressions about the latest TheWorse + Vaas DoF + Maldo's Texture Pack (Patch 0.8)...

...and they couldn't be better. =)

First, let me take the main thread out of the way.

Performance:

I am amongst some (or maybe the majority?) of users who have a 2GB graphics card which is admiteddly one of those who should be able to run this game using at least a higher level of Textures. However I can't do it, not without getting some stuttering that makes driving too compromised to keep up with, thanks to the bad Ubisoft's PC version optimization. So while the mod makes it less noticeable, it is still there.

So I am content with a flowing gameplay using Medium Textures + TXAA 2x (4x seems to lock the game at 30 FPS so I don't like it) + every Graphics Settings max. With the 0.8 patch I can't play it in perfect conditions at High Textures, and while the main purpose of this patch is not entirely directed to this issue, I'm just fine with that and this issue should be addressed by Ubisoft not you guys.

Image Quality + Effects:

Alright, now this is where I wanted to state my experience.

If you've read what I typed above you'll see that I assure I'm playing on Medium Textures + everything else at max possible.

Although Maldo himself stated that the main purpose of his Texture Pack was to give people the Ultra effects while at High Textures, I can oddly obtain the same effect but towards High Textures while I'm using Medium Textures.

I can notice that just by looking at Aiden's coat, also his "5AM beard" and even roads, car details, road signs and reflection quality. And since I've been playing on Medium Textures for a long time, the main thing I noticed was the difference on the tree leaves that use to lay on the ground. Though they're static (part of the road textures) on Medium Textures they looked like someone spilled mustard on the ground (LoL), but after applying this patch I can see them perfectly even with some minor occlusion effect and a little bit of reflection, which are just present from High Textures and above.

I don't know if that was intended, but please Maldo, if you could keep it that way in your future updates, this would be awesome for us, players who could not activate High Textures while keeping a fair stutter-free gameplay setting Medium Textures while having the High Textures looks for the main objects and scenarios. I really must thank you.

As to other effects, I'd like to congratulate TheWorse for the new lighting and stunning wind applied to vegetation. Each and every step you take with your patch, makes the game more like I'm playing a movie. The color scheme made basically everything seems more realistic and I can't state every difference I've noticed for they are too many and so much better than the actual vanilla game.

Vaas, I really am pleased to use your DoF at High, since like I said before I prefer games with a movie-like resemblance and you've done a great job for your DoF works flawlessly right, appearing when it is needed and vanishing when we need to look at farther distances.

Great job, guys! =D

Last edited: Jun 25, 2014
  2. Ferrera

Ferrera Guest

GPU:
    Palit GTX 770 2GB OC
    I'll give it a try, thanks.

3. Dgtlhrt

Dgtlhrt Guest

GPU:
    GTX 770
    You do understand this is a thread for a beta "mod" still in development and there are a few serious issues, which need to be worked out, which is the point of this thread.

I'm not sticking up for people who don't read anything and blindly post, but yah there are issues to be expected and hence people reporting them and looking for fixes.

Good day ya gentle bloke.

4. Iron-IC-Man

Iron-IC-Man Guest

GPU:
    HD7970 (Dual-X) 3GB 1.2V
    It's not dark, your screen needs to be setup with the right contrast and brightness.

I am using a 32" BenQ BL32PT. Which has a correction Default Setting for Photoshop. so the output print out is exactly the same as in game.

5. Lumicko

Lumicko Guest

GPU:
    EVGA Gtx 780 Ti
    Ok. Thx for the link. Is it yours sweetfx u made by urself or just edited one?

6. vovin999

vovin999 Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia GeForce GTX 560 Ti
    Good day to Ya!

Issues are to be expected in a beta, and handled with proper criticisms, as is being the case by those who actually know what they are talking about.
    But sure, any professional would hand out a software that any idiot could use, without questions. Still, you would have people asking about it not working because they opened up the rar file and clicked on the .exe without extracting. I am merely suggesting that people with that level of skill in using an operating system refrain from dabbling in the black arts of beta modding.

7. obi-wan80

obi-wan80 Guest

GPU:
    8gb ddr3
    The textures of Maldo are better than the original?

8. Darkspark

Darkspark Guest

GPU:
    r9 290/4GB
    First of all: Greak work! Thank you.

Runs great for me, all ultra and no stutter, only thing is that the car lights flicker a bit sometimes, so it would be great if you could fix it :)

9. Iron-IC-Man

Iron-IC-Man Guest

GPU:
    HD7970 (Dual-X) 3GB 1.2V
    I created it from scratch, it's only using a few settings, i mainly wanted better color in the game because vanilla is dull. Also using Sharpening because the 0.8 textures by Maldo are worse then the 0.7b stutter fix v2.

10. eljones

eljones Guest

GPU:
    GTX 780 Windforce Ghz Ed.
    These white outlines on highlighted objects really suck!

11. Sevlagoth

Sevlagoth Guest

GPU:
    Geforce Gtx 770 2Gb
    I agree you. Can you recommend an alternative preset with dark nights?

Thanks. :)

12. vovin999

vovin999 Guest

GPU:
    Yes that would be really cool. I've been wondering about that too.

13. Elcx

Elcx Guest

GPU:
    ATI
    Alloa,

I like the TW-Mod. Got here some screenshots if someone is interested:

http: //steamcommunity.com/id/elcx/screenshots/?appid=243470

(Can't post any links, but I'm sure you can manage it)

Keep up the good work! :)

14. Dgtlhrt

Dgtlhrt Guest

GPU:
    GTX 770
    I'm with you on that. But it's those same people that would never even read your post anyways and even if by some miracle they did they'd still post the same questions regardless :)

These threads are something crazy though eh?

15. Dgtlhrt

Dgtlhrt Guest

GPU:
    GTX 770
    There is one user who figured out how to remove flashing hackable objects, araynah or something like that is the username. But it's yet to be implemented in any of the mods as of yet I believe.

Maybe he's around and can answer?

16. ned91

ned91 Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire Radeon HD 7970
    yes...thank you for your time :)

17. jimdove

jimdove Guest

GPU:
    Windforce 1080ti
    great stuff, using 0.8 with boceh DOF set to low as i generally hate blurring effects if anykind in games and using your sweetfx preset. One question, i would rather run the game at 1440p and downsample to 1080p instead of using AA, however when I disable SMAA in sweetfx it seems to completely remove all sweetfx settings. Tried with FXAA on and off too (from sweet fx)

Anyhoo heres a few random sshots as I am tabbed out. things looking more like E3 by the day, well done lad! :)

Still not happy about the stuttering however. Seems its not completely fixed by ubisoft yet..

[​IMG]

18. vovin999

vovin999 Guest

GPU:
    I find it deliriously funny that Ubisoft is downgrading graphics to make the "next-gen" consoles look like a better alternative to the PC. Seriously silly. Consoles are dead. Nowadays everyone has a PC and or an Apple product, simply because it is a way of the new life! Before PC was the luxury, and consoles were the home gaming entertainment system. Now, PC:s all have HD outlets to power their wide-screen TV's, and on their way to work, people are using their mobile phones.
    When a person comes home these days, they don't go and sit by the TV, as much as go and sit by their PC to check up on mails, facebook, etc. Pay their bills. Watch a movie on Netflix. Oh - and by the way - the PC hooked up to their widescreen TV.
    A little gnome in the business of console marketing told me that consoles are going way down in revenue. The "next-gen" console release of course temporarily increased that for this year. But compared to last gen release, we are talking big BIG losses. People are just not that interested anymore in consoles.
    Does any of this sound familiar to you guys? YES, compare it to the music revolution that completely DESTROYED the market for CD's in record stores, and the fear of the record companies as to how they would now earn their living. Trying to strangle the trend of the mp3 market, with you guessed it : The increased consumer use of mobile phones and computers. Now, the console companies are doing EXACTLY the same thing, which is totally and utterly freak out, and spend inordinate amounts of cash to protect their product, instead of embracing the trend.
    Consoles are dying, and the thing that is happening with Ubisoft and their love-affair with Sony is just a proof of that.

So go figure, right?! :eyes:

19. zoisgl

zoisgl Guest

GPU:
    TITAN SLI
    to Lunayah:
    Your Enhanced particles and textures seem to make some nice difference but i dont want to use them with TheWorse 0.8 due to trees problem. Maybe you could upload them alone or together with the new TheWorse 0.8 (trees fix)?

20. Andrew LB

Andrew LB Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080@2,025

The guy does have a point though. And don't get me wrong, I've been a big supporter of everyone on this forum modding Watch Dogs, and i've gone out of my way to go after the trolls who were intentionally trying to start crap. But anyone who has been paying attention to this mod since the beginning would know that the original purpose of the mod was to enable all the features that Ubisoft removed from the game after the E3 trailer, and make the game as close to that as possible.

I've been gone a few days so I'm behind about 50 pages in this thread so perhaps i missed something, but it seems to me that this project kinda took on a life of its own and has really gone in a different direction.

And like I said, I'm not disparaging anyone's hard work in the slightest. In fact, I applaud all the breakthroughs and countless hours spent trying to make the game as good as it should have been before Ubisoft consolized it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.