After hours testing... Watch Dogs (E3 Bloom effect working) # Part 2

Discussion in 'Game Tweaks and Modifications' started by TheWorse, Jun 22, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ferrera

Ferrera Guest

GPU:
    Palit GTX 770 2GB OC
    I did some testing with my rig and here's what I found out about stuttering:

This is on 1080p with the 0.8 mod with everything turned on and no sweet fx in the middle of the city at night.
    Stuttering severity between 1 to 10, 10 being unplayable.

Test 1: High Textures, Temporal SMAA, everything else maxed, VRAM usage is between 1980Mb to 2020Mb. Stuttering: 5

Test 2: High Textures, Temporal SMAA, everything else low, VRAM usage between 1940 to 2010Mb. Stuttering: 3

Test 3: Medium Textures, Temporal SMAA, everything else maxed, VRAM usage between 1970Mb to 2020Mb. Stuttering: 1

Test 4: Medium Textures, Temporal SMAA, everything else low, VRAM usage between 1940Mb to 1990Mb. Stuttering: 0

I really don't get this game...

2. vovin999

vovin999 Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia GeForce GTX 560 Ti
    COOL! A fellow Swede! Hej du! Yeah I've been doing some support like that, when everybody else was on vacation. In my company, we outsourced to India, which is complete bollocks, but that is fine. The revenue looked fine until last year, when a 20 hrs estimated job ended up at 350 hrs because of offshore inadequacy. So now thankfully times they are a-changing.

That is why we seem to see eye-to-eye regarding the problem that is 10 inches from the screen lol.

3. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Suprim X
    Nice try BRUCE WAYNE !

4. Digitalspirit

Digitalspirit Guest

GPU:
    Palit GTX 780Ti Jetstream
    Agreed, way too dark and the light sources too bright! I prefer your preset (minus vignette and border) ;)

5. ned91

ned91 Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire Radeon HD 7970
    not working again! i have installed the framework xna and reboot the pc :( another message say:TheWorse Mod 0.8 + MalDo Config Tool v1\WDT_Data\Mod_Selection patch.fat not found

6. Dgtlhrt

Dgtlhrt Guest

GPU:
    GTX 770
    Thank you, very kind of you. I won't be able to try until later on though as I'm at work now, but truly thanks.

Will let you know if this resolves it later.

7. Lumicko

Lumicko Guest

GPU:
    EVGA Gtx 780 Ti
    Yeh same.. :p I tried the realistic one but its way too dark... So the one from Kop4Ever is best. Also the one from Raz3d doenst look bad

8. iangon

iangon Guest

GPU:
    ASUS GeForce GTX 660 Ti
    I'm not completely noob... :)
    I just wonder what is this parameter.
    I tried that with my current settings. It is sure that I would have no stuttering. The game is optimized with NVIDIA GeForce Experience. In GameProfile.xml, is there another parameter has to change?

9. Dgtlhrt

Dgtlhrt Guest

GPU:
    GTX 770
    *nvmind

Last edited: Jun 25, 2014
  10. Iron-IC-Man

Iron-IC-Man Guest

GPU:
    HD7970 (Dual-X) 3GB 1.2V

11. Lordkorvil

Lordkorvil Guest

GPU:
    Nivida Geforce 770 4G
    Alright, so I have tried scouring this thread for a solution to this problem and the only one I was able to find was poorly worded and it was really hard for me to understand what the heck the guy was telling me to. This problem is when I go to try to apply the settings via the tool.exe(even when ran in administrator) the "run file" prompt immediately hides behind the whole phone application and no matter what I try, I can't bring it to the front to run it and actually apply the patch.

12. MattBee2k2

MattBee2k2 Guest

GPU:
    GTX 770 ACX 2GB
    I'm sorry, i'm out of ideas now. This is the latest one? The one that's 800mb with the maldo texture fix?

13. Veyronmaster722

Veyronmaster722 Guest

GPU:
    GTX 970
    (Sigh)

Don't get me wrong, 0.8 looks great.
    But I ran a comparison between it and 0.6 and 0.6 still looks better.

I'm sorry to be like this, TheWorse, I really am. I have the utmost respect and support for the work you're doing and I understand the time and effort you've put into this, but I just can't understand why you had to make changes to stuff that was already perfect.

If I recall you even said that you don't want it to look like E3 anymore. Why?!
    What is it that makes you so ashamed of it looking like that? The reason people want it to look like the E3 demo is because it's better.

If it looked better than E3 I wouldn't mind at all. 0.6 looked almost exactly like the demo and less downgraded, whereas 0.7 and 0.8 just somehow don't in my eyes.

I'm sorry, but I'm still going to stick 0.6 until another version comes along that either looks like E3 again or better.

14. MattBee2k2

MattBee2k2 Guest

GPU:
    GTX 770 ACX 2GB
    Try high textures and fxaa or no anti aliasing and everything on high or ultra, LOD on high especially and you should have way less stuttering. AA plays into it a lot too. The game will look better with high textures and no aa than it does on medium textures with AA.

Or try maldos fix and put the textures at medium, it'll still be a mixture of ultra textures and medium textues and the stuttering should be even less. Then you might get away with everything on ultra and AA up a bit but fxaa is your best bet as it is the least demanding.

15. Lumicko

Lumicko Guest

GPU:
    EVGA Gtx 780 Ti
    Which sweetfx??? Just curious... Looks a bit too dark tho. Next time link it pls :D

16. thokkiano

thokkiano Guest

GPU:
    EVGA Hybrid Titan XP 2016
    Is it?

17. vovin999

vovin999 Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia GeForce GTX 560 Ti
    Let me point something out to some people. While it is completely fine that you guys want to try new mods and configurations and stuff like that, it is quite boring to have to deal with your incessant nagging that you're a noob and it doesn't work, please help me.

If you are not comfortable opening up Microsoft Office Word and creating a template from scratch, or optimizing your computer by changing pagefile location etc, then you might have trouble figuring out how to work a patch like this.

There are three lessons to learning that I strongly recommend you try, BEFORE asking anyone else:
    1) Be interested in learning and mastering the tools which you utilize
    2) READ the information that is available regarding the stuff you want to do
    3) If you cannot find the information you are looking for, SEARCH for it

It is really not that hard. I am not even a hard-ass. I'm a gentle sort of bloke. It is just that going back a couple of pages in this thread I see the same questions over and over again, and the same answers from those kind souls who like to repeat them.

I swear this same sort of blanked-eyed non-brain-activity is exactly what Watch_Dogs is about. Think for your Self, use your Brain!

Last edited: Jun 25, 2014
  18. godsmackssa

godsmackssa Guest

GPU:
    7870 CF / 2gb
    Woww!!

Very nice TW. Your configurator are working pretty good here.

I did one setup, works like a charm! 40-50fps very fluid!

THX! TW+MALDO+VAAS!

19. aroy3639

aroy3639 Guest

GPU:
    Gtx 750ti
    This MOD is almost perfect ...........almost all the features work in medium settings also ....... but the real problem is Aiden's coat is not reacting to wind....its not flying as it did earlier .......... looks bad for only this reason...otherwise its a great freaking mod ...well done @The Worse and @Maldo ....

Please fix the Aiden's coat problem as soon as possible ...it would be great then !! :) :)

20. thokkiano

thokkiano Guest

GPU:
    EVGA Hybrid Titan XP 2016
    Honestly. I would like to see a good one. No sweet fx. And for now there is not.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.