Creative Soundblaster Z series Driver Update 1.00.24

Discussion in 'Soundcards, Speakers HiFI & File formats' started by Mr_ALLroy, Jun 23, 2014.

1. IcE

IcE Don Snow

GPU:
    3070Ti FE
    Saying there are no issues at all is going a bit far. The current drivers are certainly better than creative offerings in the past. But I and many others strongly dislike when there isn't at least somewhat regular support for hardware. And we all know how slow they are to support new versions of Windows. Sometimes they don't bother at all.

2. Rob McClelland

Rob McClelland Guest

GPU:
    XFX R9 390 x
  3. Octopuss

Octopuss Guest

GPU:
    -
    Dude stop promoting your delusional project. It does NOT improve sound AT ALL, it's just some nonsense ini "tweaks" that do nothing for quality at all, and sometimes simply don't do anything. Have you ever tried googling what people say about your "drivers"?

4. Rob McClelland

Rob McClelland Guest

GPU:
    XFX R9 390 x
    You haven't been over my forum lately look how many people thanking me for better sound lol have you?
    Plus I help people get there sound card working you don't see that from creative do you? So I say back off bud.
    I do this as hobby. It's no big loss for me. I also do this for fun. Plus we have come up new ways improve tweaks installing now. You haven't check them out since now have you?

Last edited: Jun 26, 2014

5. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    At least Titanium HD gets proper treatment :p :)

[​IMG]

6. Rob McClelland

Rob McClelland Guest

GPU:
    XFX R9 390 x
    Last edited: Jul 2, 2014
  7. IcE

IcE Don Snow

GPU:
    3070Ti FE
    I've tried your drivers, I don't necessarily think they magically "improve" the sound. It just modifies some parameters to make it more pronounced. But that's just me, I'm a 100% neutral kind of guy through and through. No disrespect meant at all.

8. Rob McClelland

Rob McClelland Guest

GPU:
    XFX R9 390 x
    NP did you try the new one? It has Open AL support now :) EAX fully working also. Like I said if you sound issue too I help you also that kinda person I'm. This why I do this for fun as hobby.

9. LoccOtHaN

LoccOtHaN Banned

GPU:
    ATi/AMD XFX 7970 DD GhzED
    :banana:
    Robert ignore that kind of dudes, and keep up the GOOOD work.
    Im using for Win 7 & Win 8 your drivers for SB X-Fi and now for My New SB Z and its OK for my 5.1 600W Sound System. The ini TWEAKS are great, BASS is less anoing ;-) and overall Quality is Very Nice to Hear.
    I'll be keeping new posts on Hardware Heaven... Still lot to do with SB Z :nerd:
    Notabene Creative support & Drivers are "****ty" lightly speaking :3eyes:

10. primetime^

primetime^ Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX Vega 64
    so they rename the same driver as third time? lol ok i downloaded it but wont bother with it unless i have to do a re install....guess i can't really bitch...everything works fine 99% of the time...its very rare i have to restart do to a sound glitch so can't really complain...but yea it would be nice if they updated it couple times a year...guess amd and nvidia spoil us

11. Mr_ALLroy

Mr_ALLroy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
  12. Rob McClelland

Rob McClelland Guest

GPU:
    XFX R9 390 x
    You have go threw have disk threw device manager only way. And then installed software. But do installed creative software first for the audio controller because mine set won't installed. Then you can installed on top then enjoy them :)

13. primetime^

primetime^ Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX Vega 64
    Were all entitled to or own opinion....but applejack is the only dev who writes code that benefits creative cards at this stage of the game. Rob your writing skills can really leave an impression that you have no idea what your doing, I'm sorry bud....but thats been pretty clear since you took over pax. Good luck to you and your followers...but i seriously doubt you have any knowledge that benefits people owning sound blaster z's...And this thread is about a non modified driver for creative sound blaster z cards....I see no point in why your posting in it

Last edited: Jun 28, 2014
  14. GhostXL

GhostXL Guest

GPU:
    PNY EPIC-X RTX 4090
    The update number is just a package number.

Some of the software was updated for official 8.1 compatibility even though the older software worked.

It does not mean a new driver all the time.

I've had zero issues with the driver, everything sounds great new and old.

Sound drivers are not like video drivers where you always need something optimized for a new game.

Only if people run across a severe issue with a program or game, we are issued a new sound driver down the line.

15. primetime^

primetime^ Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX Vega 64
    lol you seriously going to learn the hard way...let us all know how these drivers that were never written for the z cards work out:stewpid: I could understand if creative didn't have a driver that worked...but to each there own:)

16. Mr_ALLroy

Mr_ALLroy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    True, to each their own. So why are you even making this post? Does what I do with my computer affect yours? No? Then why worry about what someone else does in their own time with their own hardware? If you don't want to try Rob's driver, then don't and leave it at that. You're better off trolling one of the Watch Dogs threads. There's lots of your kind there. I'm sure you'll feel right at home.

17. primetime^

primetime^ Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX Vega 64
    i don't care what you do with you pc...install his drivers if you choose...just don't advertise them in a thread that has nothing to do with modded drivers.
    He has his own section for discussing his modded drivers.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2014
  18. Mr_ALLroy

Mr_ALLroy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    1. If you don't like it, don't read or respond. There are many other threads here on Guru3D and many other forums out there.
    2. Report me if you feel so strongly.
    3. This is called a discussion forum for a reason. If you're hell bent on policing this forum, there's enough threads to keep you busy doing this for the next 5yrs and beyond.

Have a nice day. :)

19. primetime^

primetime^ Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX Vega 64
    alright back on topic.....figured why not try the newer version....actual driver does appear to be same from 2 years ago like many have discovered....thats ok i guess...i did find something i thought appeared different in the control panel...its possible i never noticed it before....the option for stereo direct instead of stereo or headphones or 5.1.....don't remember seeing that option before...so maybe its new? Any ideas what stereo direct implies vs. stereo?
    [​IMG][/URL][/IMG]

20. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    Stereo direct has always been there to my knowledge. From the pdf manual which I downloaded over a year ago: